or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 1549

post #23221 of 26289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

I agree with you on this one. When I was looking at getting a new car, none of the BMW dealers I spoke to could get an F80 M3 allocation and could only get the M4.

Really? Huh. I'm actually surprised to hear that. I've seen an equal split of F80 M3s and M4s on the streets, but I chalk that up to small sample size bias because I expect the M4 to be more popular, given that the M3 lineage is predominately based on the coupe form factor.

Do you think it's maybe because BMW allocates more production capacity towards the M4 to get ahead of demand? Maybe they forecasted demand incorrectly.
post #23222 of 26289
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

It's official. I think the F80 M3 looks better than the M4.

I've been on the fence but seeing a black M3 sealed dat deal.

Both are nice, but I saw both cars side by side and prefer the M4.  Maybe starting with a coupe, its styling cues are better suited to it. To me the M3 seems like its working too hard to escape the basic 3 series image/design (which it needs to do, but to me its just not as pleasing to the eye).  

post #23223 of 26289
I'll give my wife some credit. She has gotten good at reverse parking the leggy. But in the tiny streets, something smaller would be easier.

Perhaps the last of the old school Mini's??
If my son can sit in the front with her. Should be fine.
Plus they are a match for all her other requirements.

No offence to VW drivers. I find them needing more work than other makes. parts are $$$. And I'm cheap. lol8[1].gif
post #23224 of 26289
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Really? Huh. I'm actually surprised to hear that. I've seen an equal split of F80 M3s and M4s on the streets, but I chalk that up to small sample size bias because I expect the M4 to be more popular, given that the M3 lineage is predominately based on the coupe form factor.

Do you think it's maybe because BMW allocates more production capacity towards the M4 to get ahead of demand? Maybe they forecasted demand incorrectly.

Just having an artificial limitation on allocations doesn't make a car more desirable. BMW is the king of pretending that as evidenced by the i8.

The M4 is more effortlessly better looking than the M3.
post #23225 of 26289
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Not really feeling those wheels. I don't like wheels with the studded bolts on the inner perimeter.

Makes the wheel look too busy.

I'm surprised as the E46 M3 fanboy you are, you don't like the most common and over used wheel design on that model. The BBS LM is pretty much the standard wheel on those incl. exposed bolts and all.

I personally really like the chunkier tires, which gives a bit of a touring car look, instead of the usual rubberbands and concave.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post


Looks gaudy as hell. Also, the F80 and F82 share nearly the same front bumper and don't have an actual splinter.

It has an aftermarket on and a spoiler on the trunk. The M3 can carry a more aggressive look compared to the C43/63 and Audi S/RS.

You can discuss the color combo, but I personally like the overall look.
post #23226 of 26289
Okay, i think i have found the perfect wifemobile. . stirpot.gif

4 doors
Small, but not too small
Automatic
Enough power to move itself.
Cute
Was looking at mini's.

This ones a left field home run.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 60


The Daihatsu Mira "Gino". icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Edited by Thrift Vader - 7/9/16 at 3:41am
post #23227 of 26289
That is pretty sweet. How many hp
post #23228 of 26289

post #23229 of 26289
I don't like those HRE's. Actually think the entire classics line is a mess. They have some other really great designs though - I'm thinking about putting some P101's on the GT4.

They're an LM variant, but the LM is much better looking
post #23230 of 26289
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

I don't like those HRE's. Actually think the entire classics line is a mess. They have some other really great designs though - I'm thinking about putting some P101's on the GT4.

They're an LM variant, but the LM is much better looking


I can't stand 3-piece wheels. Mostly for poor function, but those little bolts would piss me off too, if I ever wanted to clean them. lol!

 

Those P101s are monoblocks, right?

 

What don't you like about your factory wheels? I wasn't a huge fan of the factory silver wheels on my stark, black car, so I had them painted. Worked with the shop and let them run with it, and they did a gradient "black chrome" effect with black barrels. Also had the GT3 logo painted yellow to match my calipers. The yellow used to match better, but I'm getting so much heat into my calipers that they are changing colour. lol!

post #23231 of 26289
nothing's really wrong with them. they actually look pretty good heheh

but then i saw these P101 on a PTS GT4 and my interest was piqued drool.gif

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/boxster-cayman/392849-hre-wheels-voodoo-blue-porsche-gt4-hre-p101-wheels-installed.html


the only thing that i don't like about the stock wheels is that the fronts look way too narrow inside the fender. Ferrari does this too and i don't like how it looks. here's a pic from when it was still at stock ride height:

post #23232 of 26289
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post


the only thing that i don't like about the stock wheels is that the fronts look way too narrow inside the fender. Ferrari does this too and i don't like how it looks. here's a pic from when it was still at stock ride height:

 

 

Looks great to me! Fantastic colour.

I understand what you're saying about the ride height, etc. What is your ride height now? I'm running -3.0 degrees of camber up front and dropped down to almost Cup Car height. Not the best for tire lifespan or a cushy ride. lol! 

 

 

 

 

post #23233 of 26289
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post


the only thing that i don't like about the stock wheels is that the fronts look way too narrow inside the fender. Ferrari does this too and i don't like how it looks. here's a pic from when it was still at stock ride height:

Get some spacers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

I don't like those HRE's. Actually think the entire classics line is a mess. They have some other really great designs though - I'm thinking about putting some P101's on the GT4.

They're an LM variant, but the LM is much better looking

The issue with the bbs's is that they only come in fixed size's and offsets, so if you want the perfect fit you are either fucked or have to spacer it. HRE are also TUV their wheels in 19x11 like the ones pictured, which the BBS's aren't. (they are not even available in 19x11 for bmw). The same goes for ADV1, Avant Garde, Weld/CCW etc.
post #23234 of 26289
i lowered it 1 inch all around, camber angle is stock since it's not going on a track for the foreseeable future.
post #23235 of 26289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post


The issue with the bbs's is that they only come in fixed size's and offsets, so if you want the perfect fit you are either fucked or have to spacer it. HRE are also TUV their wheels in 19x11 like the ones pictured, which the BBS's aren't. (they are not even available in 19x11 for bmw). The same goes for ADV1, Avant Garde, Weld/CCW etc.
i agree. the LM's i have on the M3 could be a little wider. but i am skeptical about fitting spacers. i'll just live with it
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!