or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 1522

post #22816 of 26303
The car that seems most analogous today to the 8 series of the 90's is the Mercedes SLS (although I think they're done making it).
post #22817 of 26303
Also, this is happening:

http://cars.mclaren.com/featured-articles/mclaren-570s-gt4
post #22818 of 26303
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

I would think that with their current rep, VW would be very aggressive at making deals at this time.

I bought a V8 Touareg in '06, during the time nobody wanted a Phaeton SUV (on the contrary, it was exactly what I wanted - the features and luxury appointments you were getting for $50k was unreal). I was offered $10k off sticker before I even sat down.

Sold the truck during the last energy crisis and it's probably the car that I most regret parting with.


This was a year ago - the Passat wasn't doing well because everyone else had refreshed, so they launched the LE trim.  I didn't pursue it because the guy was a moron, and the LE didn't have all the features I wanted anyway.

post #22819 of 26303
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

I would think that with their current rep, VW would be very aggressive at making deals at this time.

I bought a V8 Touareg in '06, during the time nobody wanted a Phaeton SUV (on the contrary, it was exactly what I wanted - the features and luxury appointments you were getting for $50k was unreal). I was offered $10k off sticker before I even sat down.

Sold the truck during the last energy crisis and it's probably the car that I most regret parting with.

Think how much more you'd be regretting if it had been the V10 turbodiesel.
post #22820 of 26303
V10 tdi was a POS.

Why the FUCK is Kevin Hart on Top Gear. At least the boxer dude is british, so that makes some sense.
Edited by Find Finn - 6/14/16 at 1:43pm
post #22821 of 26303
Sorry to make everyone jealous.

QdeQk6z.jpg
post #22822 of 26303
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Also, this is happening:

http://cars.mclaren.com/featured-articles/mclaren-570s-gt4

This has been a rumor for awhile. More than any other car company, I hate and love McLaren and Tesla for so many incremental changes. They even put Porsche to shame in that department. I think Ron Dennis and Elon Musk operate in some world that sounds right in their OCD brains.
post #22823 of 26303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

V10 tdi was a POS.

All worries about having to drop the drivetrain or pull the engine for even moderate repair jobs just vanish when you put your foot down and the torque comes on...

but yeah...worse than a land rover after the warranty's up.
post #22824 of 26303
I know of several engine swaps on them
post #22825 of 26303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post


Might be time for some new prescription glasses wink.gif


Nope, I got my eyes lasered a few years ago.





No need to get rustled though, I'm a big BMW fan and and don't have any plans to drive anything else.
post #22826 of 26303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

So you
[IMG]http://photoofcar.com/albums/userpics/2012y/03/12/1/80900/Pontiac or the later versionpontiac-fiero-parts.jpg


looks like this ?

BMW%2BM1%2B%25285%2529.jpgny15-r116-001-1.jpg

Might be time for some new prescription glasses wink.gif

All BMW 8 Series’, regardless of which model, came with those outstanding looks that was found on the images of the cars you posted. That classic wedge shape with pop-up headlamps, the long hood and short rear deck gave the 8 Series an iconic shape that has lasted for decades and will continue to live on as one of BMW’s best looking cars.
post #22827 of 26303
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLantern View Post

No need to get rustled though, I'm a big BMW fan and and don't have any plans to drive anything else.

 

No horse in this race, not a BMW owner, and there are only a handful that interest me, so I'm not bothered by your comment.  I just don't think an M1 and a Fiero look similar.  Cheers!

post #22828 of 26303



BUTT shot ...
post #22829 of 26303
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndog View Post

930 or 964 turbo... great baselines for some Rauh Welt Begriffe treatment. devil.gif

How about no. tongue.gif
post #22830 of 26303
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

... and found me a unicorn of a GT4 allocation for MSRP.

 

Sweet! Have you tracked much over the years?

 

I just got back from a couple track days. I've lost count, but I'm around 70 days with this car. I'm addicted. :D

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!