or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 1517

post #22741 of 26282
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Ah shit, horndog nailed it. the G63 AMG. That's today's quintessential fuck you car
This, definitely. It was the first car that came to my mind when the question was asked.
post #22742 of 26282
G63 AMG gets my vote
post #22743 of 26282
G65 and G63 are firm number 2 and 3, but Bentley Bentayga with its Breitling Tourbillon worth 160k and up, has to be the biggest rolling middle finger.



post #22744 of 26282
Dropped my car off to get the rear quarter panel repaired from my neighbor hitting it.

Gonna be a month because the shop is so backed up.

A MONTH. THIRTY DAYS WITHOUT MY BABY WHILE I DRIVE A BORING ECONO SLUSHBOX RENTAL.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
post #22745 of 26282
Why not just deliver it to the shop, when they have time instead of having sit there for a couple weeks.
post #22746 of 26282
Srsly
post #22747 of 26282
If only it were that easy. The shop has the best reputation around and ALWAYS has a massive backlog of cars waiting to get repaired.

They take the car apart to inspect for additional damages within the first couple days of receiving the car, but then the choke point becomes the painting process. They only have two guys and two booths, so there's a good 1-2 week period where the car is taken apart and not being worked on until it's its turn to get painted.

The remorse will pass. I'm already getting used to the numb steering and body roll of dis Camry happy.gif
post #22748 of 26282
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

 

 

 

 

How old are those tires? Just curious if that brown color is from age or dirt. Looks like fine cracking on the surface too. Hard to tell.

 

post #22749 of 26282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al9146 View Post
 

 

How old are those tires? Just curious if that brown color is from age or dirt. Looks like fine cracking on the surface too. Hard to tell.

 

 

Lazy man's paint job. I didn't bother putting notecards on the side when I was spraying them. I'll likely wash it off at some point this summer, but I don't really care haha.

post #22750 of 26282
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

 

Lazy man's paint job. I didn't bother putting notecards on the side when I was spraying them. I'll likely wash it off at some point this summer, but I don't really care haha.

Ahhh.... cracking paint. Understood. :)

post #22751 of 26282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al9146 View Post
 

Ahhh.... cracking paint. Understood. :)

 

Yeah, it's a mix of the black paint and the clear coat that's causing it to look this bad. You can't tell from a few feet away, but a picture like this makes it look pretty awful.

Still looks way better than the steelies that were on there before.

post #22752 of 26282
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

 

Yeah, it's a mix of the black paint and the clear coat that's causing it to look this bad. You can't tell from a few feet away, but a picture like this makes it look pretty awful.

Still looks way better than the steelies that were on there before.

BTDT. :)

Cameras can highlight things funny. When I saw it, I was concerned about the safety of the tires. I toss tires if they reach 7 years old. I've seen too many things go wrong with tires over the years. My track tires only last 4-5 days so I never have a problem with those aging out. :)

post #22753 of 26282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al9146 View Post
 

BTDT. :)

Cameras can highlight things funny. When I saw it, I was concerned about the safety of the tires. I toss tires if they reach 7 years old. I've seen too many things go wrong with tires over the years. My track tires only last 4-5 days so I never have a problem with those aging out. :)

What do you track?

post #22754 of 26282
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

What do you track?

 

996 GT3

...and I'm very hard on tires. :)



The camera made the blue more vivid, but it's easily seen, even at a moderate distance. My Hoosiers don't get as blue.

post #22755 of 26282
Aha! Good to see another GT car on this thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!