or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 1514

post #22696 of 26957

Chevy tossed around the 'SS' quite a bit.  Did anyone really want a Cobalt or Malibu SS or then it spread to SUVs as well with the Trail Blazer SS.  I can't think of Ford doing this other than branding the same Ford a Lincoln with a couple more bits.

post #22697 of 26957
GTO, SS, sticking GT on anything that moves. Bragging about independent suspension and OHC and glorifying a flat plane crank. White racing stripes on anything. Calling a car a C-Max. Using a misspelling and calling cars Energi and Cruze - sorry if I missed the idiocy. I'm not good at these things.
post #22698 of 26957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman View Post

Crap I didn't think people did that anymore. I have locks on all my wheels because that's what my father taught me to do, but, damn.

Happens a lot here in the city on lower end cars actually. The Honda fit is supposed to be the most common because it comes with pretty nice alloy wheels that are the same bolt spacing as a bunch of civic myself... So they are easy to resell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by systematic View Post

If somebody really wants your wheels, the locks won't stop them. You'll keep your wheel lock key inside of the car...

Nah, you don't need to break into the car and rummage for the key.

Just carry some slightly larger sockets around and hammer them over the lock (or buy some common keys). Way faster and at first will just look like you are changing a flat rather than having a broken window.

Finn is right that the best defense against this is a wheel with small holes for the nuts, and an anti theft lug nut that fills the space so they can't hammer a socket on.
post #22699 of 26957
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post

GTO, SS, sticking GT on anything that moves. Bragging about independent suspension and OHC and glorifying a flat plane crank. White racing stripes on anything. Calling a car a C-Max. Using a misspelling and calling cars Energi and Cruze - sorry if I missed the idiocy. I'm not good at these things.

My father had a Vega GT back in the 70s. Red with big white stripes down the middle. White interior. He wrecked it like 6 months after buying it. He was never much of a driver.

My favorite was a family friend that had a Datsun Maxima (before it was Nissan) and it had "Fuel Injection" on the back under "Maxima".
post #22700 of 26957
Thread has taken on hibblety gibbetly vibes last couple of pages.
post #22701 of 26957

What I've never understood about Lincoln is why the logo looks like a crosshair. I mean... the brand's name is Lincoln. Dude was assassinated.

post #22702 of 26957
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

My favorite was a family friend that had a Datsun Maxima (before it was Nissan) and it had "Fuel Injection" on the back under "Maxima".

If you go back to the late 1960s early 1970's if you didn't choose a manual transmission, cars like the Mercedes 280SL and BMW (e3) Bavaria/3.0, (e9) 2800/3.0CS coupes, (e12) 530i, and 2002 had badges that said "Automatic" on the trunk. 

post #22703 of 26957
New Miata looks pretty good

post #22704 of 26957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Thread has taken on hibblety gibbetly vibes last couple of pages.

It's bringing a tear to my eyes. No pedantic arguing and just fun reminiscing.
post #22705 of 26957
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

What I've never understood about Lincoln is why the logo looks like a crosshair. I mean... the brand's name is Lincoln. Dude was assassinated.

I've never understood how Lincoln is still in business period
post #22706 of 26957
I want to drop the logo thing, but this was too hard to pass up. I saw this today - an X5 with an AMG badge. This wasn't in ghetto town USA. It was behind the Newport Beach McLaren dealership.

post #22707 of 26957
Odd BMW M-Coupe press photos.



post #22708 of 26957


1995 BMW 840 Ci Sport Individual
post #22709 of 26957
Love those. back in the 90's there wasn't a better car to pull up in and say 'fuck you' to everyone before even getting out of the car
post #22710 of 26957
It was also a wonderful way to assess how bad your judgement is on choosing a mechanically sound car.
Edited by idfnl - 6/9/16 at 5:29am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!