or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 1447

post #21691 of 26349
On my car you have to defeat all this shit on each start up including what I call the "stop and stutter." At least that's a button on the dash the rest of this shit is a couple menus deep, so of course, you don't spend five minutes every time you turn the vehicle on to defeat all this shit.
post #21692 of 26349
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Honestly feel like you'll barely drive the thing once your GT4 cums in.
Very possible. This is the primary drawback. This is the "GP" which is 1 of 500 in the US, so if there's demand for the car for the next few years, I could get out of it without much financial loss if I decide to. Otherwise...track the shit out of it rather than take a huge loss?
post #21693 of 26349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

On my car you have to defeat all this shit on each start up including what I call the "stop and stutter." At least that's a button on the dash the rest of this shit is a couple menus deep, so of course, you don't spend five minutes every time you turn the vehicle on to defeat all this shit.

I know this is probably not what you want to do after spending that much on a car, but someone should be able to code that for you so it stays in the last mode or the default is what you want.
post #21694 of 26349
I think I've said Mrs. Piob wants to downsize a bit as the parking structure at her new job is squeezey? Her lease is up in June so we're going to drive a BMW X3 right now. Looking at the base engine with AWD. Leasing seems pretty reasonable. Will report back.
post #21695 of 26349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I think I've said Mrs. Piob wants to downsize a bit as the parking structure at her new job is squeezey? Her lease is up in June so we're going to drive a BMW X3 right now. Looking at the base engine with AWD. Leasing seems pretty reasonable. Will report back.

Curious to hear your thoughts. As much of a BMW fanboi as I am, I never liked the X3, largely because of the steering and to a lesser degree, body roll.
post #21696 of 26349
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post

Curious to hear your thoughts. As much of a BMW fanboi as I am, I never liked the X3, largely because of the steering and to a lesser degree, body roll.

It's supposed to have anti-body roll measures, no? They work really well in my vehicle and I can hugely tell the difference between my GL and things like the big Infiniti and even the Caddy.
post #21697 of 26349
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

For example, if someone pulls out in front of me and stops, while I'm at speed and being closely followed, will the computer do as I would and perform an emergency lane change to avoid the car in front? Or will it slam on the brakes and cause the car behind me to initiate a 3-car pileup?
 

 

I'd assume the Outback would beep like crazy, apply the brakes, and your attempted lane change will cause a pileup.  Luckily most of the close call cut offs have been at low speeds so I have not had to emergency lane change.

post #21698 of 26349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

It's supposed to have anti-body roll measures, no? They work really well in my vehicle and I can hugely tell the difference between my GL and things like the big Infiniti and even the Caddy.

I don't want to bias your take on it. Since you and the Mrs. have a lot of experience with SUVs - far more than me, I am curious to hear your thoughts on it. The GL is an incredible SUV.
Edited by ramuman - 4/2/16 at 11:35am
post #21699 of 26349
This is literally Toyota's answer to the 3. As captured on my morning drive:




Walrus much?

Oh, and: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/716089404985487361
Edited by ramuman - 4/2/16 at 12:58pm
post #21700 of 26349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I think I've said Mrs. Piob wants to downsize a bit as the parking structure at her new job is squeezey? Her lease is up in June so we're going to drive a BMW X3 right now. Looking at the base engine with AWD. Leasing seems pretty reasonable. Will report back.

I think the Macan is much better in pretty much every way. New F-pace also looks nice.

Not sure if MB has upgraded the interiors of their smaller SUVs to match the new sedans (GLC? GLE?).
post #21701 of 26349
I hope I don't offend any X3 owners who read this, but I hate it. They're the service loaner of choice at my dealership and they're mediocre in every way
post #21702 of 26349
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post

I think the Macan is much better in pretty much every way. New F-pace also looks nice.

Not sure if MB has upgraded the interiors of their smaller SUVs to match the new sedans (GLC? GLE?).

With MB the MLK (formerly the smallest) has been redesigned and is the GLC now. Way, way better than it was (had one for a service loaner recently). The ML has turned into the GLE.

Thought of the Macan but the dealership is not only in an inconvenient location but it's also in a dodgy neighborhood; not cool for her car.

So drove not only the X3 but also the new Discovery Sport (formerly the LR2 niche). Both a great vehicles, both option out around 50k or so, both have good current lease terms with residuals of 61%. The Discovery is a fine vehicle but the X3 totally outclasses it in terms of engine, electronics and amenities, and driving characteristics. IMO, the Disco looks way better. She's leaning X3 but I need to get her to drive the GLC. The BMW dealership is on her way to work vs. the MB dealership which is way out of her way (but five minutes from where I work).

If I had to guess which way she's going right now it would be with the fugly X3 and I think that would be the best choice too.
post #21703 of 26349
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

I hope I don't offend any X3 owners who read this, but I hate it. They're the service loaner of choice at my dealership and they're mediocre in every way

I think we'd be friends IRL.
post #21704 of 26349
Lemme drive the Tesla next time I'm in Cali
post #21705 of 26349
dont u know ramubrah nicknamed his cack 'the tesla coil' ?

uhoh.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!