or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 1438

post #21556 of 26372
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post


I've let most people down over the years, most notably my girlfriends. shog[1].gif

 

Does your wife know?

post #21557 of 26372
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post


I've let most people down over the years, most notably my girlfriends. shog[1].gif


At least they got a ride in an M4 first.

post #21558 of 26372
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Does your wife know?

My girlfriend does. Never married. Gonna go commit seppuku now.
post #21559 of 26372
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post


At least they got a ride in an M4 first.

They got a ride. Amiright? satisfied.gif
post #21560 of 26372
Irrelevant to any of the talk here, really, but something sad I just found out. The front-of-the-house guy at the indie shop I used to work with for my BMW repairs in Dallas passed away in August last year.

He wasn't exactly the picture of health as he was very overweight. Even when I first saw him and interacted with him, I was worried about his health in the back of my mind. I guess it finally caught up to him... but damn, was he the nicest, friendliest, coolest, most trustworthy guy I've ever dealt with. I still remember what his voice sounds like and how he talked.

frown.gif

RIP

Edit: looking at the reviews for the shop after his death, it's obvious his passing left a huge gap to fill. Several negative reviews re: customer service..
post #21561 of 26372
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post

They got a ride. Amiright? satisfied.gif



foo.gif
post #21562 of 26372
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Irrelevant to any of the talk here, really, but something sad I just found out. The front-of-the-house guy at the indie shop I used to work with for my BMW repairs in Dallas passed away in August last year.

He wasn't exactly the picture of health as he was very overweight. Even when I first saw him and interacted with him, I was worried about his health in the back of my mind. I guess it finally caught up to him... but damn, was he the nicest, friendliest, coolest, most trustworthy guy I've ever dealt with. I still remember what his voice sounds like and how he talked.

frown.gif

RIP

Edit: looking at the reviews for the shop after his death, it's obvious his passing left a huge gap to fill. Several negative reviews re: customer service..

Reminds me of one of the more well-known Supra tuners in the Northeast having died recently. Took a customer car out to test a fix, something happened with the rear differential and he spun into a tree. Died on the spot. Really shook up the community.
post #21563 of 26372
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post

I'm here all week to keep this thread alive. I'm a combination of Charlie Rose and Louis CK.

My money is on the latter in terms of looks.
post #21564 of 26372
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndog View Post


Reminds me of one of the more well-known Supra tuners in the Northeast having died recently. Took a customer car out to test a fix, something happened with the rear differential and he spun into a tree. Died on the spot. Really shook up the community.

Paul Walker?

post #21565 of 26372
I have railed against these fucking electronic dipsticks before, but here I go again. Drove 1.5 hours to Palm Beach and when I got there my trusty diagnostic computer said that my engine oil level was low. So I drop my wife off, swing over to the dealer and grab a quart. After putting it in, the god dam thing tells me the oil is too full and I need to see my dealer. FML
post #21566 of 26372
Btw for most of the drive I convoyed with a nicely detailed E60 M5 with some kind of aftermarket exhaust. (I was driving the M3)

Dat sweet concerto of induction sounds and exhausts...they don't make em like that anymores
stirpot.gif
post #21567 of 26372
Yesterday, driving home from work, I got behind an older M3 with fart can exhausts. I wanted to side swipe the douche.
post #21568 of 26372
Bought a car yesterday after many test drives. God, do I hate the dealership runaround, though, but ended up with what I feel was a steal. Ended up grabbing a well equipped 2013 328xi and am super happy with it so far. Handles incredibly well and while it's not fast, it's certainly fun. Thanks for the help, guys.

Horrible first picture from a parking lot...
post #21569 of 26372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Yesterday, driving home from work, I got behind an older M3 with fart can exhausts. I wanted to side swipe the douche.

E36?
post #21570 of 26372
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

E36?

You must have me confused with a faboi. laugh.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!