Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 1430

post #21436 of 27577
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Did someone here post this?


It sounds amazing.



If you haven't seen (better yet HEARD) the OS Giken 240Z then you are in for a treat. What they did to the engine/head is an absolute masterpiece. From the speedhunters article: (link)
Quote:
The numbers the motor makes in its current form are downright astonishing: 376 horsepower to the rear wheels with 281 foot-pound of torque, all the while behaving without the finicky nature you might expect from a fully-built N/A straight-six that’ll scream up to 9,000rpm and beyond. And it’s not just the power, but the way it makes it. It feels just like a 240Z should with decent mid-range punch and power that continues to build at upper RPMs. Just multiply the power and the sensations several times.

post #21437 of 27577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

You can't choose penis, as a paint to sample color.

As much I wish, my penis isn't black sapphire metallic. baldy[1].gif
post #21438 of 27577
More like Laguna Sucka Blew amirite!!!
post #21439 of 27577
How big of a boring douche do you have to be to own a Phaeton?
post #21440 of 27577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot View Post

How big of a boring douche do you have to be to own a Phaeton?

 

What's wrong with the Phaeton?

post #21441 of 27577
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

What's wrong with the Phaeton?

Absolutely nothing. As a 28 year old, it's just doesn't seem like an appropriate car, but I'm basically a 50 year old man already and would love to own one.
post #21442 of 27577
Great under appreciated car
post #21443 of 27577
Great car but isn't it unreliable AF?
post #21444 of 27577
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Great car but isn't it unreliable AF?

So are boobs. If you can't handle the heat...

I do have no idea why anyone would want that car.
post #21445 of 27577
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Great car but isn't it unreliable AF?

I could be wrong but I thought the major premise of that car was extreme over engineering...like being able to drive for hours on end at an extreme rate of speed in Death Valley temps with the A/C on.
post #21446 of 27577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I could be wrong but I thought the major premise of that car was extreme over engineering...like being able to drive for hours on end at an extreme rate of speed in Death Valley temps with the A/C on.

There was a bit of a joke about the heat in my post. smile.gif
post #21447 of 27577
In the market for a new (used) car, and have it narrowed down to three models.

2013-2015 c300 Sport (I know they did the redesign in 2015)
2013-2015 328xi
2015 Q50

I will drive for work mostly, nearly all highway miles, so creature comforts are important. It will also be our only car (wife and I work together).

Any advantage to leasing a new model over purchasing a lightly used? My current car is a VW Jetta I paid for in cash back in 2010. Apologies for this topic since I'm sure it's been beaten to death.
post #21448 of 27577
It's not fun unless you're cross shopping sports cars vs full size mini vans.
post #21449 of 27577
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfurey View Post

In the market for a new (used) car, and have it narrowed down to three models.

2013-2015 c300 Sport (I know they did the redesign in 2015)
2013-2015 328xi
2015 Q50

I will drive for work mostly, nearly all highway miles, so creature comforts are important. It will also be our only car (wife and I work together).

Any advantage to leasing a new model over purchasing a lightly used? My current car is a VW Jetta I paid for in cash back in 2010. Apologies for this topic since I'm sure it's been beaten to death.

 

I think the folks that post here will be able to answer better if you have a number in mind for monthly payment or total for the car. Are you selling the Jetta?

post #21450 of 27577
For high mileage go with the Q50. If you are driving more than 15k miles a year, go preowned instead of lease. As our BMWs got up in mileage, they needed constant repair so get a warranty if you purchase. I think Mercedes is about the same reliability as BMW. Generally my extended warranties paid for themselves at least 4 times over.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!