or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 1420

post #21286 of 26337
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndog View Post

This was at Summit Point. I'm signed up for a two-day event at VIR in May.

Awesome that you're getting into it. Best piece of advice is to just have fun. Don't worry if a 65 year old dude in a Miata laps you or you catch up with a 65 year old dude in a 488.

Edit: Also, you'll need a new set of balls after VIR - it's really fast and feels more so because of how open it is.. The tracks on my current bucket list are CotA,Yas Marina, Imola, Circuit de la Sarthe, and Laguna Seca - the last is pathetic on my part because my best friend picked his 981 up in Monterey and both of us spent most of the weekend in a hotel room working instead of going there.
Edited by ramuman - 3/14/16 at 1:05pm
post #21287 of 26337
I love great car colors, especially when they are historically significant to the marque like Ferrari's Rossa Corrsa or BMW's Alpine White or Lotus's BRG. Rhodium Silver Metallic is just about as perfect a take Germany's MB/Auto Union/Porsche silvers as possible.


Edited by ramuman - 3/14/16 at 9:26pm
post #21288 of 26337

two vaders + horndog (who has vader as an avatar)

 

fml

post #21289 of 26337
There are 8 posters with Patrick Bateman avatars in another thread.
post #21290 of 26337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post

I love great car colors, especially when they are historically significant to the marque like Ferrari's Rossa Corrsa or BMW's Alpine White or Lotus's BRG. Rhodium Silver Metallic is just about as perfect a take Germany's MB/Auto Union/Porsche silvers as possible.

Silver always looks very classic on a Porsche.  However, if you attend any of the Porsche car shows and you have a silver car, it blends in an looks like dozens of silver Pcars there (even though there are various shades of silver)...just as with a Ferrari if you choose Rosso Corsa the car blends in with 90% of the other rosso Fcars. 

 

Here is a gathering with a just a few friends and not a single car was the same shade of silver.  The two in the middle have some blue to them.  The Boxster at the end was GT Silver which has some gold/brown to it.  

 

I really liked Rhodium silver but the Mrs was tired of it since our last Porsche was silver.  I got to choose the options, but I let her choose the color combination. Happy wife = Happy life!

post #21291 of 26337
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

two vaders + horndog (who has vader as an avatar)

fml

Since 2007.

"Michael Bolton?..."
"Why should I change? Hes the one that sucks"
post #21292 of 26337
why is the Cayman in ramubrah's pic sitting so high? Looks like the blocks they install during shipment haven't been removed.
post #21293 of 26337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

@GreenFrog
, do you know what stage the mods were and where they were done/tuned? Might be worth looking into having someone give it a once over to see if it was done right...

I don't know much about this stuff, but I've read that wrx's with stage 2 often get better gas mileage than stock when they're tuned correctly.

I don't think there are any "stages" as there typically are for turbocharged engines.

It just has an aftermarket exhaust, headers, and custom tune by this reputable guy named Frank Smith. I have all the receipts and paperwork.

I don't think anything was done improperly per se. It's just that the ECU remapping must have hit fuel consumption somewhat. I'm not really concerned.

Was just a little surprised at first when I got the car to be getting in the high teens for mostly highway driving.
post #21294 of 26337
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

why is the Cayman in ramubrah's pic sitting so high? Looks like the blocks they install during shipment haven't been removed.

Could be the angle of the photo...or perhaps the angle with the photo and maybe it has the standard suspension?  Mine has PASM (Porsche's active suspension) which sits 10mm lower than the standard suspension. 

post #21295 of 26337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

There are 8 posters with Patrick Bateman avatars in another thread.

the design desiderata thread?

post #21296 of 26337
Yeah.
post #21297 of 26337
For the GF:



Of note, it only has (aside from the obvious paint and wheels), PDK, PASM, PTV, and Sport Chrono. I give him crap for keeping the spoiler in douche mode.
post #21298 of 26337
Spoiler in douche mode is the best part! I dont like the 20" wheels.
post #21299 of 26337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post

For the GF:



Of note, it only has (aside from the obvious paint and wheels), PDK, PASM, PTV, and Sport Chrono. I give him crap for keeping the spoiler in douche mode.

It's like the guys who have the side vents open on their murcielagos in 5 mph city speeds.

laugh.gif
post #21300 of 26337
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

It's like the guys who have the side vents open on their murcielagos in 5 mph city speeds.

laugh.gif

He's my best friend and I've known him since I was 14 and is the complete anti-douche in real life.

When we went to pick to it up, he did a burnout in the Porsche parking lot - on a car with about 7 miles on it - and said something to the effect of I get to be a douche when I'm in this car. smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!