or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 1389

post #20821 of 26361
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post
 

What are you guys doing that you drive 20+k miles per year?  If I had to drive that much, I'd kill myself.

37 miles each way to work, and that is if I don't have to meet up with clients at one of our other offices or some other place.  We also use this car for trips to NYC, or places where our nice cars might get dinged.  I like driving so I don't mind, but we always have one less expensive car to pile up all the miles.  Last 2 cars we got rid of after they had over 200,000 miles.  

post #20822 of 26361
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarwick View Post
 

 

I got the Wheel and Tire warranty for my Outback.  I went through about a tire a year in my GTI and my wife tends to pick up nails.  I think we paid maybe $500-$600 for 6 years of warranty.

 

Also as I was buying the Wheels and Tire warranty, I mentioned we are swapping out my wife's car for another car.  He asked if I wanted to put a wheel and tire warranty on that.  I am thinking about it as it is a MB E350 with the AMG wheels so lower profile tires, different F/R offset, and an expensive OEM wheel to replace.  I think they wanted $700 for 6 years.

Get the wheel and tire warranty.  My wife is always picking up nails, bending a rim on her MB .  I got it on our Porsche, which has expensive alloys with low profile tires.  A friend of mine developed a crack in the 19" alloy on his Cayman, and a new wheel including mounting, balancing (he didn't have to replace the tire) was IIRC $2,200.  

post #20823 of 26361
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Don't you lease?  Do you get 15k mile leases?

Yup, I get 15k a year. The difference is marginal to go from 12k to 15k, usually about 1-2% of residual change.
post #20824 of 26361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I do about 15k plus any vacation driving. It's part of why I spend the money on something really comfy to be in (cue HRoi joke).
I've actually got nothing for this one. Maybe I need to start drinking again
post #20825 of 26361
Now we know Mrs piob is actually madam piob
post #20826 of 26361
I got the wheel and tire warranty on the S5 I just got. I started not to to it but now glad I did.
post #20827 of 26361
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post
 

What are you guys doing that you drive 20+k miles per year?  If I had to drive that much, I'd kill myself.

 

I used to drive that much when my mother was sick, the kid was doing soccer, tai kwan do and I worked on the opposite side of the Beltway

post #20828 of 26361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

Get the wheel and tire warranty.  My wife is always picking up nails, bending a rim on her MB .  I got it on our Porsche, which has expensive alloys with low profile tires.  A friend of mine developed a crack in the 19" alloy on his Cayman, and a new wheel including mounting, balancing (he didn't have to replace the tire) was IIRC $2,200.  
Sounds about right. I had all four wheels stolen on my Cayman when I had it and my insurance was charged $10k for wheels, tires, tpms and labor. These were the 20's
post #20829 of 26361
Do the wheel and tire warranties cover curb rash and shit like that that's your fault?
post #20830 of 26361
Actually I take that back. Your friend may have gotten shafted. My bill works out to $2500 for a 20' wheel, tire and tpms.
post #20831 of 26361
Wait wtf the Cayman s had all its wheels stolen?!
post #20832 of 26361
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Do the wheel and tire warranties cover curb rash and shit like that that's your fault?

 

BMWs does.  Not sure about the various aftermarket ones and their limitations

post #20833 of 26361
Audi doesn't cover rash.
post #20834 of 26361
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Wait wtf the Cayman s had all its wheels stolen?!
Yeah. mad.gif
post #20835 of 26361
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post


Sounds about right. I had all four wheels stolen on my Cayman when I had it and my insurance was charged $10k for wheels, tires, tpms and labor. These were the 20's

brutal

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!