or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 137

post #2041 of 26360
Just bought a 78 320i (E21) BMW today. Kinda rough on the outside but the body is straight, it is in good mechanical condition, and it is fun to drive. Not bad for 1200 bones. Pics forthcoming.
post #2042 of 26360
I like the e21s, there were a bunch of really clean ones at bimmerfest a few years back that were lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye GB View Post
Quite true, you should see how the Persian geezers drive these down Ventura Blvd in LA.

Hey I resemble that remark.
post #2043 of 26360
^ I just like the body style better than the E30. Also, a 1200 dollar E30 is just a beater BMW. But a 1200 dollar E21 is cool in a beat up old pickup kind of way.
post #2044 of 26360
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLantern View Post
^ I just like the body style better than the E30. Also, a 1200 dollar E30 is just a beater BMW. But a 1200 dollar E21 is cool in a beat up old pickup kind of way.

+1, the E30s are appreciating like no one's business. Wish I still had mine...
post #2045 of 26360
Quote:
Originally Posted by amstokesdb9 View Post
+1, the E30s are appreciating like no one's business. Wish I still had mine...

With the Spec E30 racing class growing so quickly, even beater E30s are rising in value as people snap them up to create low-budget race cars.
post #2046 of 26360
Haven't been able to buy a plastic-bumpered E30 iS coupe, 318 or 325, for under $5K for years now. About 7 or 8 years ago when all the Honda/VW ricers wanted to move to RWD, that was the first go-to car.
post #2047 of 26360
ps +1 for the E21 love, never had one but I always wanted a nice Euro spec E21.
post #2048 of 26360
i had a nice german spec e30 325 with factory plaid interior when i lived in europe, i loved that car! I lust over the E30 m3's but, i can't justify to my wife on letting me spend that much on an older bmw (she is bias..her bro had two m3's which were constantly breaking down due to him boosting the piss out of them)
post #2049 of 26360
My new winter beater/dog carrier/grocery getter/cargo hauler/car for when I have more than one passenger: This part will take some getting used to: Will need some new tires and other odds and ends, but all in all not bad for $1900.
post #2050 of 26360
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg View Post

This part will take some getting used to:



Will need some new tires and other odds and ends, but all in all not bad for $1900.

Wait...how did you get a non-USPS vehicle as right hand drive in the US?
post #2051 of 26360
Nice post. I enjoy this post gorgeously with all of my friends. Really nice thanks. Good information here. I really enjoy reading them every day. I've learned a lot from them. Thanks for the good post.


Car Insurance
post #2052 of 26360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenda2010 View Post
Nice post. I enjoy this post gorgeously with all of my friends. Really nice thanks. Good information here. I really enjoy reading them every day. I've learned a lot from them. Thanks for the good post.


Quoted sans link for hilarity.
post #2053 of 26360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post
Wait...how did you get a non-USPS vehicle as right hand drive in the US?

They sell limited quantities of a few different cars (Subaru Legacy wagons, for example) for purchase by USPS rural delivery runners. In any case, RHD Jeep guy, have fun with blind spots!
post #2054 of 26360
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post
They sell limited quantities of a few different cars (Subaru Legacy wagons, for example) for purchase by USPS rural delivery runners. In any case, RHD Jeep guy, have fun with blind spots!

Yup, was purchased from the original owner; his wife used it on her rural route.

There's definitely a learning curve. So far I haven't hit anything!
post #2055 of 26360
Love the e21 3er but would choke a nun to find a stock e30 M3 in decent shape.

Mine, nothing special. e60 545i 6MT with Recaro seat (baby seat that is). Stock besides the black grille. Gave it a wash after our drive back from Vancouver. Sorry for the crappy phone pics.



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!