or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 132

post #1966 of 26274
My Cars: 1968 Triumph GT6 - small dent on the nose recently. Will be executing a repaint shortly. It's dirty and has stickers on it because I was on a rally when this pic was taken. The dash: 1965 Rambler American - nice cushy american car for the highway. Photo from the add when I bought the car. 1971 Ford (Mercury) Capri - just sold this one last week actually. Looking to replace it with an Alfa Romeo. I don't have a modern car. It's one of the vintage autos for my 50 mile per day commute.
post #1967 of 26274
Quote:
Originally Posted by artoftime View Post
Saturday's chore - dig out the Z8 and detail/drive the damned thing -
Still awesome
Black/Parchment - 8k orig miles


Any chance you are from NYC and were in Hershey, PA this past weekend?

It's possible you met my parents this weekend if so. My father has a Black / Crema Z8 as well.
post #1968 of 26274
It's possible you met my parents this weekend if so. My father has a Black / Crema Z8 as well.[/quote]

Not I, kind sir - there are several roaming around these parts, however
post #1969 of 26274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldehyde View Post
My Cars:

1968 Triumph GT6 - small dent on the nose recently. Will be executing a repaint shortly. It's dirty and has stickers on it because I was on a rally when this pic was taken.


The dash:


1965 Rambler American - nice cushy american car for the highway. Photo from the add when I bought the car.


1971 Ford (Mercury) Capri - just sold this one last week actually. Looking to replace it with an Alfa Romeo.


I don't have a modern car. It's one of the vintage autos for my 50 mile per day commute.

Love your cars. All of them have style
post #1970 of 26274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
Love your cars. All of them have style

+1 That Triumph has so much character
post #1971 of 26274
except that gremlin
post #1972 of 26274




My "fun" car.
post #1973 of 26274
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonomadrifter View Post



My "fun" car.

post #1974 of 26274
Quote:
Originally Posted by username79 View Post

Couldnt agree more.
post #1975 of 26274
post #1976 of 26274
My wife wants to buy a 70s era 450SL. I know nothing about cars. Is this a decent enough auto? What to look for? Out for?

lefty
post #1977 of 26274
Thanks Guys!

Jet - It's a Capri, not a Gremlin. Here's a back shot:



Though I do agree that it is not as stylish as the others. That is really a function of when the car was designed. It's a 70s car through and through, while the others are 60s cars.

It was a fun car to own for a few months, and it is very respected in the community, but just not for me long term.

I happen to think Gremlins are cool in a tongue-in-cheek way.
post #1978 of 26274
Fantastic car. My favorite BMW after the 507. Not many of them around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by artoftime View Post
Saturday's chore - dig out the Z8 and detail/drive the damned thing -
Still awesome
Black/Parchment - 8k orig miles

post #1979 of 26274
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
My wife wants to buy a 70s era 450SL. I know nothing about cars. Is this a decent enough auto? What to look for? Out for?

lefty

Get a 280SL instead, if you can afford it. Multiples more, but 280's have far more investment potential.
post #1980 of 26274
Quote:
Originally Posted by username79 View Post

Guess some just don't comprehend a race car. I raced a ITB mazda 323 for years. That thing was ugly as sin but I loved it. When you race you will smash up your car. Unless you got 5 grand to spend on a paint job each month this is generally how your race car is gonna look.

Looks like he does formula drift. With $1000 for tires each weekend it doesn't leave much left for making the car stylish.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!