or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 125

post #1861 of 26291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post
two big ones being protection against prices in the used car market and lower up-front payments over the term of the car's life he plans to use.

Car depreciation trends and rates are very well defined. Not exactly volatile like the equity market.

It's a personal decision... so to teach his/her own... but to think of car leasing as a sophisticated financial instrument is to have a misguided sense of hubris...
post #1862 of 26291
Quote:
Originally Posted by epb View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
Drool worthy!

+1, very nice car..
post #1863 of 26291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde View Post
Car depreciation trends and rates are very well defined. Not exactly volatile like the equity market. It's a personal decision... so to teach his/her own... but to think of car leasing as a sophisticated financial instrument is to have a misguided sense of hubris...
Well defined? Not volatile? Have you been asleep the last few years? When I turned my lease back last December, they were trying to sell it to me for 10k less than the contractual residual. Also, I never stated a lease was a "sophisticated" anything. I just said it was a financial tool, which it is.
post #1864 of 26291
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossTweed View Post
I feel like owning/renting a house is substantially different than owning/renting a car. It's not necessarily a depreciating asset, so you're actually building equity. Whereas paying off a car loan, you're really not.

A house won't depreciate? Maybe where you live . . .

And one man's house payment is another man's Bentley payment.
post #1865 of 26291
Just back from five weeks of work, mainly re-chroming bumpers/overriders/hub caps; new Mota-Lita wheel (not correct, but pretty); add MP3 jack to stereo; tighten up doors; adjust steering (much tighter); five new tyres (nothing wrong with last ones, but at 10 years old, time for a replacement); replace a fuel tank; full service; new rev counter unit.

post #1866 of 26291
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post
I will buy you a set of ACS Type V's for your M3 if you roll them, even if you lease that shit.
I would not put them on the car even if given them for free. Not my style. I am going with ZCP and think the stock wheels are perfect for the car. Anyway,
post #1867 of 26291
^^^That shine... Wow!
post #1868 of 26291
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJE View Post
Just back from five weeks of work, mainly re-chroming bumpers/overriders/hub caps; new Mota-Lita wheel (not correct, but pretty); add MP3 jack to stereo; tighten up doors; adjust steering (much tighter); five new tyres (nothing wrong with last ones, but at 10 years old, time for a replacement); replace a fuel tank; full service; new rev counter unit.


awesome car

During the Labor Day weekend, I passed the model in white on I-69 in Indiana. The guy has just got it at the a car auction in Auburn Indiana:

Kruse International
Auburn, Indiana, USA
From 3rd Sep 2009 to 8th Sep 2009


5,000 cars were expected at the Auburn 2009 auction. This was the 39th edition of the “World’s Largest Collector Car Auction and Show" held at the 480 acre Kruse International Auction Park in Auburn, Indiana.
post #1869 of 26291
Quote:
Originally Posted by username79 View Post
I would not put them on the car even if given them for free. Not my style. I am going with ZCP and think the stock wheels are perfect for the car. Anyway,
That yours dude? I've been to that dealer to buy a car with my dad, it is local to my folks.
post #1870 of 26291
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post
That yours dude? I've been to that dealer to buy a car with my dad, it is local to my folks.

No, just saw it on eBay. Thought it looked incredible. Then I read a couple articles on how the new 911s are basically the same price (this is true if you look at used prices, might be 5-10K more for a ten year newer car) and are exponentially superior.
post #1871 of 26291
Quote:
Originally Posted by username79 View Post
No, just saw it on eBay. Thought it looked incredible. Then I read a couple articles on how the new 911s are basically the same price (this is true if you look at used prices, might be 5-10K more for a ten year newer car) and are exponentially superior.

That's like saying a Ferrari 458 is superior to a Ferrari 250 GTO. True, I guess, but which would you rather have?
post #1872 of 26291
The 993 is/was nice, and I would've given my left nut for one 5-10 years ago, but nowadays the front end and greenhouse on the 993 is getting a little long in the tooth and the 997 is not bad to look at, unlike the 996. If I was gonna get an air cooled one, I want either a hardcore 964, or a LWB made to look like a late-60's.
post #1873 of 26291
Saw the new XJ finally and the new A8 today in person, the other A8 i saw months ago must've been a tester or something, but the A8 today had temp plates, meaning it's only a matter of days before I start seeing hundreds of them. The new A8 is supposedly bigger than the old model, but it looked so small and didn't have that clean toothy presence of the old model. The taillights are cool looking though, they have a dotted LED strip that reminds me of the Reventon.
post #1874 of 26291
RS2 just went up for sale near me, for about $14K USD. Needs a lil cosmetic refurb but it's only got 69K km's on the clock and it seems the parts are a mix of Audi 80 and 944 turbo. http://www.bobaedream.co.kr/cyber/Cy...7925&pn=257172
post #1875 of 26291
Was driving alongside a white 458 for a while in newport the back end is really nice, front leaves a little to be desired.

Luckily didn't burst into flames.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!