or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 908

post #13606 of 14805
i'm pushing 40 and need an appropriate purchase. Thought long and hard about the new targa but i need to be able to squeeze the kids in in a pinch
post #13607 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by culverwood View Post

As I showed a few pages back I bought the Ghibli. Beautiful especially in blu emozione. It's a GT more than an out and out sports car and the ride will be much more comfortable than an S6. I will have to wait to see how reliable it is but so far all is well.

It suits me but them I'm not so young.


Not big on italians, but love this.   would really dig a quattroporte.

post #13608 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Well, now that I have another car to hoon around in, I took the GT3 in for some long awaited maintenance and to look at a persistent front end noise issue.

It's the worst case scenario. I need two new PCCB rotors ffffuuuu.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

I'll tell you but you'll never buy a car with ceramics after you hear this - 12 grand


ok, just throwing it out there........    could an aftermarket company do you a wole set cheaper than that?    you know, because of the porshe name tax?   like AP or another quality brand?

post #13609 of 14805
The Ghibli is a little shorter (2 inches) than the old Quattroporte - the new Quattroporte is real S class + sized. The rear seats are about the same in size as a SWB XJ not huge legroom for four people on a long journey but plenty for kids or for adults on a shorter journey to town or the airport etc.
Edited by culverwood - 4/30/14 at 7:35am
post #13610 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post

i'm pushing 40 and need an appropriate purchase. Thought long and hard about the new targa but i need to be able to squeeze the kids in in a pinch

the new targa roof is pretty awesome. Much better than a convertible I think.




post #13611 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

I don't get the Ghibli. Yes, it sounds great but it's extremely awkward looking (won't argue with anyone who likes it's looks), average performance at best, and comes with Maserati's horrible reliability record

And it's a Chrysler...

I'm head-over-heels in love with the Targa. It's a completely unnecessary iteration of the 991, but damn did Porsche do a good job with it. My only gripe with it is the fact it's only available in AWD and not a "2" variant.
post #13612 of 14805
i wish boxsters didn't feel so sad, it's a lot of car for 75k
post #13613 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

And it's a Chrysler...

I'm head-over-heels in love with the Targa. It's a completely unnecessary iteration of the 991, but damn did Porsche do a good job with it. My only gripe with it is the fact it's only available in AWD and not a "2" variant.

You like dem 2" variants, eh?
post #13614 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post

i wish boxsters didn't feel so sad, it's a lot of car for 75k

Could you even fit? I'm only 5'11 and average build and I smoked my head getting in, and found the cabin to be really cramped.

And yes, RWD >.
post #13615 of 14805
I can't stand the targa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

And it's a Chrysler...

I don't know if its based on a Chrysler, but both are owned by Fiat.
post #13616 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

Could you even fit? I'm only 5'11 and average build and I smoked my head getting in, and found the cabin to be really cramped.

And yes, RWD >.

not without a spinal fracture. i know audi and like audi and the s6 probably makes the most sense from a power, space and utility perspective
post #13617 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

I can't stand the targa.
I don't know if its based on a Chrysler, but both are owned by Fiat.

It's a glorified 300.

Kunk - I don't know your budget, but what about the M5? Or do you need AWD?
post #13618 of 14805
I'm about bawlin's size and I'm pretty comfortable in a Cayman. I think kunk is much taller than both of us, though.
post #13619 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

It's a glorified 300.

Kunk - I don't know your budget, but what about the M5? Or do you need AWD?

I am not a beemer guy, I've tried. And I need good awe where I live, it's all hills
post #13620 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post


It's a glorified 300.

Yeah I googled it after I posted, if the current 300 is based on the old platform, it's essentially a MB W210:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!