or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 780

post #11686 of 14805
Maseratis are terrible. They sound nice but that's about it.
post #11687 of 14805
Maseratis sound fucking amazing. But I hate their styling. So old and boring.

There was one at a red light right as I left my office building today. Yes, I waited for the light to turn green to hear dat exhaust shog[1].gif.
post #11688 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I dunno what's worse, the fact that people are actually bidding this much (or anything) on this, or the fact that the reserve isn't even fucking met at $40,000.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replica-Kit-Makes-Lamborghini-Aventador-Replica-SEE-Video-2013-lamborghini-aventador-replica-400-hp-/181252349872?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2a337b5fb0&item=181252349872&pt=US_Cars_Trucks


Someone can look forward to a call from Lamborghini's lawyer, Ferrari had a company closed down for doing the same thing.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/113080561111/ferrari-slams-replica-makers-following-the-arrest-of-8
post #11689 of 14805

<==has never driven an exotic car in his life

post #11690 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Maseratis sound fucking amazing. But I hate their styling. So old and boring.

There was one at a red light right as I left my office building today. Yes, I waited for the light to turn green to hear dat exhaust shog[1].gif.

The QP was exciting when it was new, but IMHO it hasn't aged particularly well. The GT looks nice from certain angles but really imbalanced from others. They all do sound great!
post #11691 of 14805
want black f430 with exhaust and no cats, dropped on challenge wheels
post #11692 of 14805
How are maseratis maintenance wise? They go at dealer auctions for almost nothing, kinda thinking of buying one / fixing it up a bit and flipping it

Also thinking to do this with Bentleys as well as those sell for super cheap as well
post #11693 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

How are maseratis maintenance wise? They go at dealer auctions for almost nothing, kinda thinking of buying one / fixing it up a bit and flipping it

Also thinking to do this with Bentleys as well as those sell for super cheap as well

A nightmare. You'd be nuts to own one out of warranty.
post #11694 of 14805
Yup. I know a dude who bought a beater QP (one of those corner lot $40k specials) and the transmission pretty much exploded a month later.
post #11695 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

Yup. I know a dude who bought a beater QP (one of those corner lot $40k specials) and the transmission pretty much exploded a month later.

Another example of why these things depreciate like stones... $8k clutches sting on a $150k car, but it's deadly on a $40k one! The clutch (on the early Duo-Select cars) and brakes alone can be a $12,000 job and with consumables priced like that, it makes the car a really tough sell, hence they have to depreciate to a wannabe level. 

 

I still love the first QP. Unfortunately, the current one looks like an Infiniti. 

post #11696 of 14805
Ferrari parts means Ferrari prices.

I don't think the qp has aged badly, I see a black gts regularly and I love it.

The new version looks odd in the pictures.
post #11697 of 14805
post #11698 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC (Houston) View Post

A nightmare. You'd be nuts to own one out of warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

Yup. I know a dude who bought a beater QP (one of those corner lot $40k specials) and the transmission pretty much exploded a month later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingWitty View Post

Another example of why these things depreciate like stones... $8k clutches sting on a $150k car, but it's deadly on a $40k one! The clutch (on the early Duo-Select cars) and brakes alone can be a $12,000 job and with consumables priced like that, it makes the car a really tough sell, hence they have to depreciate to a wannabe level. 

I still love the first QP. Unfortunately, the current one looks like an Infiniti. 

Thanks, prices are super cheap but it's on older cars. Wouldn't touch QP but GTs are available too. Good indicator would have been dealers not bidding for these cars and you can't really check it prior to bidding
post #11699 of 14805
God I fucking love my car.
post #11700 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

God I fucking love my car.


What happened?  Let me guess:  while running out to the grocery store for syrup a hot girl saw your car, jumped in and blew you on the way home, cooked you breakfast, worked off aforementioned breakfast, did the dishes and then jumped in a cab and left her number on the fridge?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What?  It could happen

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!