or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 779

post #11671 of 15789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Go sit in it. My local Jag dealer is housed with Rover so I do at least sit in them when I am lease shopping Rover. The windshield cants so extremely you bang your knuckles on it when you grab the steering wheel. Makes me claustrophobic.

It's a small car so what do you expect. That said, my biggest gripe against the Cayman was how claustrophobic I felt when I sat in it, which is why I pretty much gave up on that idea and shifted focus to the 991, so hopefully the F-Type isn't that bad.

And on the topic of Rover, my last car was a Range Rover Sport and if you have experience with those, you'll know that they have one of the best driving positions of any vehicle out there (in terms of visibility, etc), so coming from that into a small sports car is a big adjustment.

Never in a million years did I think I'd be in my mid-to-late 20's and considering a Jaguar. How do they lease? On the Jaguar USA site, I'm seeing $800/month with $5k down for a base model and you have to pay for excess wear & tear. Not great but not terrible. In Canada, this means $1,200 with $10k down though baldy[1].gif
post #11672 of 15789
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

Sounds like you need to drive something fast, and pronto. 2 weeks ago, I would've fallen into the "who cares about horsepower" or "who cares about 0-60" camp. Then I drove an F10 M5 and my entire world got flipped upside down.

Maybe, I have driven very fast cars before. But I pretty firmly subscribe to the "it is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow" school of thought.


I'm a bit in both ends of the spectrum, I really like James Maying a small city car round town, but there's also something about driving a powerful car and knowing, it's there if you need it.
post #11673 of 15789
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

It's a small car so what do you expect. That said, my biggest gripe against the Cayman was how claustrophobic I felt when I sat in it, which is why I pretty much gave up on that idea and shifted focus to the 991, so hopefully the F-Type isn't that bad.

And on the topic of Rover, my last car was a Range Rover Sport and if you have experience with those, you'll know that they have one of the best driving positions of any vehicle out there (in terms of visibility, etc), so coming from that into a small sports car is a big adjustment.

Never in a million years did I think I'd be in my mid-to-late 20's and considering a Jaguar. How do they lease? On the Jaguar USA site, I'm seeing $800/month with $5k down for a base model and you have to pay for excess wear & tear. Not great but not terrible. In Canada, this means $1,200 with $10k down though baldy[1].gif

I never seriously looked into leasing a Jag but they have a reputation for being depreciation machines so that's going to cost you. Depends how badly Tata is willing to support the residual (Jag did get bought by Tata, no?)

Personally, I never put extra money down to lower the cap cost. I do that strictly through dealer negotiation.
post #11674 of 15789
...
post #11675 of 15789
i dont understand jaguar, they used to make beautiful luxury cars one would see driving through bel air on sunset blvd in the 90s but then they turned GT maker? their purpose just seems so confused to me

all i know is I would never buy one
post #11676 of 15789
They were always GT, they got side-tracked into Lux-barges. Going all the way back to E Types, XJ200, XK120. I think the distraction came when they merged/acquired/got bought by Daimler who were more super-saloon makers.
post #11677 of 15789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post

They were always GT, they got side-tracked into Lux-barges. Going all the way back to E Types, XJ200, XK120. I think the distraction came when they merged/acquired/got bought by Daimler who were more super-saloon makers.

That was a long time before Jag's recent transformation from British luxe Bentley-juniour (think 90s-00s VDP) to the current less (but still sorta) soft touring machine. 

 

It's really too bad that their depreciation is so horendous. I liked the XJ SC more than my B7 and the XFR(S) drives like a great alternative to the M5. The main problem is that I'm just not willing to be the guy to take the hit (or over-pay on my lease to support the super-low residuals). 

post #11678 of 15789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I never seriously looked into leasing a Jag but they have a reputation for being depreciation machines so that's going to cost you. Depends how badly Tata is willing to support the residual (Jag did get bought by Tata, no?)

Personally, I never put extra money down to lower the cap cost. I do that strictly through dealer negotiation.

Agree on both counts. Unfortunately, being self-employed it would be foolish for me to do anything but lease. I guess I'm relegated to BMW or Porsche lol
post #11679 of 15789
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

Jaguar F-Type coupe debuts later this month at the LA.



I'm a big Porsche guy but this car is hard to ignore.

It looks like a car for someone who can't make up their mind between a Maserati or Aston.
post #11680 of 15789
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

what seats? so many confusing options but tied to prem package bc i want heated seats, dimming mirrors and xenon (don't care for electric seat adjustments)
is torque vectoring diff better than stock diff or can one forego?

I'd get the sport seat plus with the extra side bolsters unless you're wider, in which case, just get the normal sport seats. The seats are shared with the 911, so you should be able to find one to try out. Porsche claims heating and ventilation can be applied to any seat. Do you need heated seats for LA?

Without PTV, you have an open diff. The 987 Caymans all had open diffs, and they were OK. PTV adds a locking diff as well as yaw control with differential braking, which is claimed to make the Cayman more maneuverable. If it was my car, I'd get it. The maintenance might be a bit different because locking diffs usually need different additives in their oil, and the brakes might wear out sooner if the system is activating all the time.
post #11681 of 15789
Love heated seats at night, still gets cold as fuck at night plus I'm always out so ya.

I'll check out the seats, diff sounds interesting will do more research thanks.
post #11682 of 15789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post

It looks like a car for someone who can't make up their mind between a Maserati or Aston.

Blah. The current Vantage has been out for almost 10 years now (released in 04 as MY05) and the non-MC Stradale Maserati GT's have a hideous, underwhelming rear end.

That said, I wouldn't say no to either.
post #11683 of 15789
lol; that's exactly me! All I know is that PCNA will never get another penny from me for life until they make right dropping the price of my car by $10K after they promised they'd never do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post

It looks like a car for someone who can't make up their mind between a Maserati or Aston.
post #11684 of 15789




I dunno what's worse, the fact that people are actually bidding this much (or anything) on this, or the fact that the reserve isn't even fucking met at $40,000.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replica-Kit-Makes-Lamborghini-Aventador-Replica-SEE-Video-2013-lamborghini-aventador-replica-400-hp-/181252349872?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2a337b5fb0&item=181252349872&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
post #11685 of 15789
LOL that's not a vette

my god do not look at the interior

edit - holy shit look at the exhaust!!!!! man this gets better and better
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!