or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 741

post #11101 of 15398
And the Sunset has been shown before- they've been rolling it around since 2009 apparently. http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110913/FRANKFURT/110919964
post #11102 of 15398
shit looks like a Mazda 3 limo
post #11103 of 15398
post #11104 of 15398
my old ceo had a fisker, the mirrors closed on the highway twice and it seized up completely 9 times
post #11105 of 15398
seeing teslas everywhere lately
post #11106 of 15398
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post

seeing teslas everywhere lately

Saw one on the road yesterday.
post #11107 of 15398
I have been thinking about something this morning, yes it happens.

If you had/could buy a brand car and a max. 5 year old car, as an investment piece/future collectable, what would it be?

Edit:

There's no upper financial limit, it's all theoretical.
Edited by Find Finn - 9/13/13 at 5:03am
post #11108 of 15398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

If you had/could buy a brand car and a max. 5 year old car, as an investment piece/future collectable, what would it be?

From that perspective, and assuming it's something I'd also enjoy driving: BMW 1M.
post #11109 of 15398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

I have been thinking about something this morning, yes it happens.

If you had/could buy a brand car and a max. 5 year old car, as an investment piece/future collectable, what would it be?

Nissan GTR
R8 V10
Phaeton
Lotus Elise
Mini John Cooper Works GP
Pontiac Aztec (don't laugh - Breaking Bad baby)
Cadillac CTS-V (manual trans)
The original Tesla Roadster
2000ish BMW Z8
Honda S2000


You need something at reasonably low volume to be in any way collectible.
post #11110 of 15398
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Nissan GTR
R8 V10
Phaeton
Lotus Elise
Mini John Cooper Works GP
Pontiac Aztec (don't laugh - Breaking Bad baby)
Cadillac CTS-V (manual trans)
The original Tesla Roadster
2000ish BMW Z8
Honda S2000


You need something at reasonably low volume to be in any way collectible.

I saw a nice R8 V10 on my walk home yesterday. Sadly it was parked and I couldn't hear the engine note.
post #11111 of 15398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

I have been thinking about something this morning, yes it happens.

If you had/could buy a brand car and a max. 5 year old car, as an investment piece/future collectable, what would it be?

Edit:

There's no upper financial limit, it's all theoretical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Nissan GTR
R8 V10
Phaeton
Lotus Elise
Mini John Cooper Works GP
Pontiac Aztec (don't laugh - Breaking Bad baby)
Cadillac CTS-V (manual trans)
The original Tesla Roadster
BMW Z82000ish
Honda S2000


You need something at reasonably low volume to be in any way collectible.

2013 minus 5 is? smile.gif
post #11112 of 15398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

I have been thinking about something this morning, yes it happens.

If you had/could buy a brand car and a max. 5 year old car, as an investment piece/future collectable, what would it be?

Edit:

There's no upper financial limit, it's all theoretical.

Pagani Huayra
post #11113 of 15398
Quote:
Originally Posted by epb View Post


2013 minus 5 is? smile.gif

Because you want to be a smart ass and fact check the thread:

The Tesla Roadster's 1st production year was 2008.

The Phaeton was started in 2002 and is still in production.

The S2000 stopped production in 2009.

But I'm sure Finn wasn't saying it had to be an '08, he was likely communicating that age range would work with a budget. Sorry for suggesting other cars there Mr Fact Checker.
post #11114 of 15398
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post


But I'm sure Finn wasn't saying it had to be an '08, he was likely communicating that age range would work with a budget. Sorry for suggesting other cars there Mr Fact Checker.

Just wanted it be a newer car, as it makes it harder to predict, cars from the 90's that will be collectable, already are.
post #11115 of 15398
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post


Pagani Huayra

Not sure about that one.

An obivious one will be the P1.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!