or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 681

post #10201 of 14920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Nice, actually i like the color white on SUV. Well most of them. This one looks great.

When buying the car, my wife and actually I tossed a coin to decide between blue and white; blue won. But just before doing the paperwork she reneged and pleaded for the pearl white as "that way it won't clash with anything I'm wearing". She was sheepish but also kind of serious (and as an Aussie expat, loves white vehicles.

But thanks, I'm really liking this Subaru so far smile.gif
post #10202 of 14920
I'm wondering what's going to happen to leftover 2013 RRS' when the 2014 model comes out in a couple of months. Right now they're leasing for $799/month. I'm wondering if this number will fall below $700 in the fall (assuming the dealer still has inventory on the lot, which I suspect is a distinct possibility). The RRS, even in it's base HSE dressing, is a heck of a lot of truck for $700 a month...
post #10203 of 14920
double post oops
post #10204 of 14920
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

I'm wondering what's going to happen to leftover 2013 RRS' when the 2014 model comes out in a couple of months. Right now they're leasing for $799/month. I'm wondering if this number will fall below $700 in the fall (assuming the dealer still has inventory on the lot, which I suspect is a distinct possibility). The RRS, even in it's base HSE dressing, is a heck of a lot of truck for $700 a month...

That really is not a great lease deal for a 63k vehicle. That's a 4k cap reduction the buyer pays, then add in your title and licensing (that can be substantial depending on how your state does it), so you can easily end up with 5-5.5k out of pocket. Then add your taxes onto that $800, so at 7% (just a guess) you're at $860 and then you only get 10k miles a year. To put that in perspective I landed a 2012 GL450 with an MSRP in the mid-70s, no cap reduction on my part, 15k miles a year, and pay materially less than $860 a month.

That said, Rover might blow out the old models later this year at an actual good lease cost.
post #10205 of 14920
^ Good points. I was basing this off the assumption that you would be able to discount the cap reduction considerably. But you are 100% right, as listed it's not a fantastic deal.

Unfortunately I'm stuck in Canada, so there's no such thing as a good lease deal.
post #10206 of 14920
If you can hang tight, i.e. not coming off a lease so need to move now, Tata might subsidize lowering that cap cost substantially when the new model hits. That's how I landed the '12 Benz as '13 saw a new model.
post #10207 of 14920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

That really is not a great lease deal for a 63k vehicle.

WHAT, a RRS HSE is 63k in the US
post #10208 of 14920
post #10209 of 14920
Thats crazy, the cheapest S (not even SE) V6 TDI is $ 92000 in sweden and 200+ in Denmark.
post #10210 of 14920
Yeah, but you have "free" healthcare. :P
post #10211 of 14920
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrag View Post


When buying the car, my wife and actually I tossed a coin to decide between blue and white; blue won. But just before doing the paperwork she reneged and pleaded for the pearl white as "that way it won't clash with anything I'm wearing". She was sheepish but also kind of serious (and as an Aussie expat, loves white vehicles.

But thanks, I'm really liking this Subaru so far smile.gif

Lol. Enjoy man!

 

I have never been a SUV guy before. But i'm liking it more and more. I just like the cruise feel in them.

post #10212 of 14920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Thats crazy, the cheapest S (not even SE) V6 TDI is $ 92000 in sweden and 200+ in Denmark.

Finn, the licens plate in denmark. Is it something you have to pay extra for each month/year?

 

I think i've heard something like that but i'm not sure. If so, why?

post #10213 of 14920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Yeah, but you have "free" healthcare. :P

Nothing is ever free.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Finn, the licens plate in denmark. Is it something you have to pay extra for each month/year?

I think i've heard something like that but i'm not sure. If so, why?


We pay an "eco tax/vægtafgift" based on how much the car pollutes 2 times a year, it ranges from $20-4000, pending on the car.
post #10214 of 14920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post


Nothing is ever free.
We pay an "eco tax/vægtafgift" based on how much the car pollutes 2 times a year, it ranges from $20-4000, pending on the car.

So that's it, ok got it. 

post #10215 of 14920
I keep flip flopping on the idea of having a sensible daily driver and then an impractical but sporty weekend/track car vs the "do it all" car that is both fast and agile as well as luxurious and practical.

What say you all?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!