or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Dandy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Dandy.

post #1 of 34
Thread Starter 
The deft posture, and jocular smile all attest to one who is apt in wit, and niceties of civilization-witnessed by the white kid gloves. Clearly, an example for the children.
post #2 of 34
Plus he's showing a decent amount of sleeve.
post #3 of 34
I like how he's sporting many of the items mentioned in the "can't wear" thread over at AA. Way to show 'em, Mr. Peanut.
post #4 of 34
Thread Starter 
Mr.Peanut is timeless. He resists change in a playfully disdainful way, glinting through his monocle like a newly arrived Fritz Lang.
post #5 of 34
Top hat, monocle, gloves, stick and spats. Of course, one would have to be a nut to wear that garb today
post #6 of 34
A disturbing thought: Where does Mr. Peanut's monocle chain attach? His shell?
post #7 of 34
Spats and a yellow pot belly! Why was this not mentioned in Mantons book?!!
post #8 of 34
hell yeah. mr peanuts is tops! he's my 3rd favorite nut!
post #9 of 34
Just two days ago, my six year old daughter and I--sharing a can of honey roasted nuts--were discussing the relative merits of the various incarnations of Mr. Peanut. She was a backer of the earlier, slightly plumper version. I felt today's version was superior, at once both streamlined and classic.

I clearly have too much time on my hands.
post #10 of 34
I do think "monogramming" your title and surname on your tophat is a little garish.
post #11 of 34
Apparently, there's a "contest" to determine how to accessorize Mr. Planter in honor of his 100th birthday. Where better to debate the merits of the addition of a bow tie, pocket watch or cuff links than here?

http://www.planters.com/vote.aspx
post #12 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade
Apparently, there's a "contest" to determine how to accessorize Mr. Planter in honor of his 100th birthday. Where better to debate the merits of the addition of a bow tie, pocket watch or cuff links than here?

http://www.planters.com/vote.aspx

I can't decide between the bow tie or the cufflinks, although I am leaning toward the later as it is a subtle change. The pocket watch will not do.
post #13 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stax
I can't decide between the bow tie or the cufflinks, although I am leaning toward the later as it is a subtle change. The pocket watch will not do.

I went for the cufflinks. But the bow tie has a pretty solid plurality.
post #14 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stax
I can't decide between the bow tie or the cufflinks, although I am leaning toward the later as it is a subtle change. The pocket watch will not do.

The pocket watch makes him look like a Borg. I went with the bow.
post #15 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Mr.Peanut is timeless. He resists change in a playfully disdainful way, glinting through his monocle like a newly arrived Fritz Lang.

Perhaps, but I doubt he's nearly as weird as Herr Lang.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Dandy.