• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Serious Thread - Air Jordans

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before everyone kills me. Here are like a few things that I'd like to use to my defense.

The early Jordans are just as classic as some of the other SF approved sneakers. Maybe not on a Converse level but if you want to talk classic some of them have their role in 'classic'.

And I can't speak for most of the newer Jordans but seriously I've hopped on over to that 'baller sneaker thread' and some of them are a lot worse than the early Jordans.

And the whole 'belong in a gym' thing... Same argument for Boat shoes, Workwear... bla bla bla.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not defending all Air Jordans but I think people are just quickly dismissing these when some clearly have their place in history and some look pretty good and are a lot better than that baller sneaker thread.

After all this time on SF there are still some (I'm thinking Jordans 1-5) that I would wear given the right colorway.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Do you have any real interest in any of these nonsensical threads you start?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks lemmywinks for not just posting this in Random Fashion Thoughts

I truly appreciate this

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you next thread please be a food and bowel movement diary

This interests me

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
And the whole 'belong in a gym' thing... Same argument for Boat shoes, Workwear... bla bla bla.

Which also both suck, just like Jordans. There is a guy in the library here wearing green white and yellow jordans. They look pretty damn bad. I see lots of asian chicks wearing bizarro colourwayed jordans, they look bad too. This is the wrong forum, you're looking for HYPEBEAST.

KBW

Reaction score
I'm not a Jordan fan but I do have a few pairs of 1's that I wear on occasion

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
Which also both suck, just like Jordans.

I believe boat shoes actually 'blow'.

bma

Reaction score
Which also both suck, just like Jordans. There is a guy in the library here wearing green white and yellow jordans. They look pretty damn bad. I see lots of asian chicks wearing bizarro colourwayed jordans, they look bad too. This is the wrong forum, you're looking for HYPEBEAST.

is styleforum seriously only about the "americana" look?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bma
is styleforum seriously only about the "americana" look?

I ******* hate the Americana look.

See "BALLER SNEAKERS THREAD" to understand what good sneakers look like. ps it's not like jordans

dareone

Reaction score
sadly, you just won't find too many people who could actually appreciate jordans on this forum.

personally, i am huge fan (although not so much with the retroes) of jordans, especially of the v's and xi's. there's a lot of history behind each of the shoes...

Indigo_phobia

Reaction score
nowadays, no matter how expensive u pay for ur jordan, they're still made in china

uristocrat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dareone
sadly, you just won't find too many people who could actually appreciate jordans on this forum.

personally, i am huge fan (although not so much with the retroes) of jordans, especially of the v's and xi's. there's a lot of history behind each of the shoes...

i have a few pairs that I wear on occasion.. i guess i should be visiting hypebeast
confused.gif

KBW

Reaction score
I ******* hate the Americana look.

See "BALLER SNEAKERS THREAD" to understand what good sneakers look like. ps it's not like jordans

Baller sneakers thread has lightened my bank account a good bit
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads