or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Serious Thread - Air Jordans
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Serious Thread - Air Jordans - Page 2

post #16 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo_phobia View Post
nowadays, no matter how expensive u pay for ur jordan, they're still made in china
True but these made in china shoes has a much higher resale value than any shoes made in Italy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
i don't have any problems with hot asian chicks wearing flamboyant air jordans
I like your way of thinking... Women of any race with Jordans is good in my book...
post #17 of 67
LoL @ sneakers that turn yellow
post #18 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

I would really much prefer this picture without any air jordans in it, thank you very much
post #19 of 67
My problem with Air Jordan trashy ass sneakers is that they don't go far enough. Remember when we were kids and all the rich kids had, like, light-up soles, or laces with little Bat-Signals on them? Well, since Air Jordans/Dunks/Delta Forces are never going to look like anything except plastic Gundam feet, they might as well just go with that. I'm thinking black Adidas with glow-in-the-dark white stripes. Iron Man colorways that actually include pictures of Iron Man fighting villains and having sex with attractive women. Light up soles on every single thing. I'm completely serious.


On another note, to the OP: my impression is that people on SF actually hate on Air Jordans because they look terrible and do not mesh on a color/textural level with any other decent thing. My brother got me a Nike gift card for Christmas, and I had to wait 3 months before a style of shoe came up that I would wear, even as a "joke shoe". I also thing most designer sneakers look awful, but I have occasionally lusted after a pair of Diors or Lanvins or MMMs just because they look so high-caliber. Air Jordans have an age limit of 13... after that there's just no reason.
post #20 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot View Post
My problem with Air Jordan trashy ass sneakers is that they don't go far enough. Remember when we were kids and all the rich kids had, like, light-up soles, or laces with little Bat-Signals on them? Well, since Air Jordans/Dunks/Delta Forces are never going to look like anything except plastic Gundam feet, they might as well just go with that. I'm thinking black Adidas with glow-in-the-dark white stripes. Iron Man colorways that actually include pictures of Iron Man fighting villains and having sex with attractive women. Light up soles on every single thing. I'm completely serious.

I think Air Jordan has gone far enough with these:


Colorful socks not included.
post #21 of 67
^^^ fantastic. Exactly what I'm talking about. I once sang in a choir with this guy who wore these sneakers that had two uppers, a basic red & white leather upper and a clear plastic upper over that. The idea was that, if the plastic upper got scuffed/dirty, you could just wipe it off, and your real upper would be pristine.

Would wear those window sneakers with my argyle socks in a hearbeat.
post #22 of 67
air jordan IIs are the best bball sneakers ever. end thread.
post #23 of 67
Air Jordans, mainly the OG ones and the first round of retros are the epitome of Baller sneakers. F*ck all that high end designer gaudy ass shit (Dior, Gucci, LV etc..). Those companies should stick to making shoes. Air Jordans and nikes paved the way for sneakers today. They're are the reason why ALL other sneaker companies had to step their game up. I'm sneaker aficionado (75-80 pairs of nikes and air jordans), but I'll the first to admit that the brand has gone in a different direction in the last few years. They're appealing to the youngins with flamboyant colors and crazy ass designs. But I honestly can't see how anyone can hate on old school Jordans. I also rock a lot of converses. But then again when you think about it, whenever you wear converses you're repping nike as well.
post #24 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo_phobia View Post
nowadays, no matter how expensive u pay for ur jordan, they're still made in china

It's quite sad actually. Jordans used to be some of the most well made basketball sneakers money could buy, now they just tend to be some of the most over hyped, expensive, and poorly made bball sneakers money can buy.

Regardless of whether they are SF approved or not, there are a few AJ's that will always have a special place in my heart.
post #25 of 67
^^
same

i can't knock js, as they were prob the first thing that made me pay attention to style - they were the illest sneakz on the block when i was 8 or 9
post #26 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles View Post
It's quite sad actually. Jordans used to be some of the most well made basketball sneakers money could buy, now they just tend to be some of the most over hyped, expensive, and poorly made bball sneakers money can buy.

Regardless of whether they are SF approved or not, there are a few AJ's that will always have a special place in my heart.

That only holds true to retroes though. The new Air Jordans that are made/introduced every year are still made very well and still great on the court.

The best basketball shoe on the court is still the Air Jordan XIV.
post #27 of 67
I will go to bat for the Air Jordans as well.

Fashion is fickle. Plain white sneakers and canvas plimsolls are having their moment right now, but don't forget that 10-15 years ago Air Jordans were the craziest, awesomest, bestest shit on the planet. Radical design, funky colors, and a new freaking model every year that you just had to have. And at least they were functional -- they were comfortable and you could play basketball in them. More than I can say for the $300 fashion sneakers that are so popular nowadays.

Things will swing back around. Bright hi-top sneakers will be fashionable in the very near future.
post #28 of 67
Yeah but now you need the skinny jawnz so if you are actually doing sports your legs get too big so the shoes become pointless.
post #29 of 67
While not necessary a huge Jordan fan, I am a fan of shell toes as well as Nike ACG stuff from early in the brand.

While I will get shouted down for this, I see nothing appealing about the beloved Common Projects that everyone loves around here.
post #30 of 67
Jordan 1-6 excellent, everything since

I'm wearing Black/Gold Terminators today if that means anything?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Serious Thread - Air Jordans