or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Are European Women more classy than American Women?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are European Women more classy than American Women? - Page 3

post #31 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Love
That wasn't my point. Now the question is more like "Let's compare Vegetables and Oranges". It would be more proper to discuss:

A) Vegetables vs Fruits
or
B) Cucumber vs Oranges

We should achive the balanced state of ambiguity.


Ah, yes, I get what you are saying perfectly now. That was actually pretty damn brilliant.

Btw, I thought this was kind of funny:

post #32 of 88
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by odoreater
Ah, yes, I get what you are saying perfectly now. That was actually pretty damn brilliant.

Btw, I thought this was kind of funny:



-----LOL Yea baby!
post #33 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soph
-----LOL Yea baby!

Notice who the smiley is looking at?
post #34 of 88
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by odoreater
Notice who the smiley is looking at?

Alfred Kinsey would be proud of us:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Kinsey
post #35 of 88
Not that it is an accurate measure of class, (except for the members of this board, of course) but the "average woman" in every foreign country I've visited dresses far better than the average American.
post #36 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen
European women do wear more scarves, though!

That is true! And God knows I love scarves on women.

For what it's worth, I went to a school that had it's fair share of european babes and I'd give them my vote, but I don't think class is the right benchmark. I generally found them much more alluring and charming than the north american (mostly canadian) girls.

As far as Sweden is concerned.... We really need to figure out what they put in the water there. Every time i see pics of girls from sweden, they're all gorgeous blondes. Do they have average looking girls there?
post #37 of 88
My two best friends are Europeans: one Norwegian, the other German. My Germanic friend won't even touch American girls, while my Norwegian friend says they are gutter-trash (but his bedroom is definitely a revolving door, so...). These are both great, intelligent, level-headed guys who both agree American and English women are bottom of the barrel (this word usually comes up: slutty). Can't say I really disagree all that much though I haven't been exposed to enough cultures to get it all into perspective. Still, I can barely talk to gorgeous girls anymore for fear they've been in internet porn or a gangbang with the Washington Redskins offensive line.

There's a huge difference between posturing and feigning an aire of class and actually being a classy, respectable, intelligent girl.

My new rule: don't talk to any American girl with dyed blonde hair.
post #38 of 88
well, it's official. will all the idiotic generalizations being thrown around, this thread is taking a screaming nosedive into the shitter.

it makes no sense to generalize about the differences in"classiness" between european and american women. we have all types and so do they.

so when jonglover's german pal starts pigeon-holing american girls as sluts versus those "classy" german girls, it's nothing but utter bullshit. god knows, we have our sluts and so do they.

as fir jonglover worrying that every hot babe he sees might have done some internet porn -- so what if she did?

in my line of work, i encounter many gorgeous intelligent "classy" women and it never occurs to me that they might be porn stars. in fact i suspect that few of us here at styleforum move in circles where the hot babes are porn actresses.

somehow, jonglover, with that comment you're revealing about yourself and your psyche than you realize.
post #39 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by auto90403
so when jonglover's german pal starts pigeon-holing american girls as sluts versus those "classy" german girls, it's nothing but utter bullshit. god knows, we have our sluts and so do they.

I'm in agreement on that- I've attended both a rather upper-(middle-) class HS in the US and Germany and I've come to some conclusions: While the average girl attending a german Gymnasium is classier, they are also far more intelligent on average (due to the division in school systems) and hence less slutty (assumption being that intelligence and sluttiness have an inverse correlation). However, german girls from the same sample of intelligence are probably as slutty as what I've experienced at my US HS. One thing I did notice though- on the outside they were more prudish than here but I had many things happen to me where I just had to blush (bags with underwear; girls asking me to do very private things to them straightforward; etc.).

Honestly though, I thing this is an issue of social values within a social strato and has little to do with countries.
post #40 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by auto90403
well, it's official. will all the idiotic generalizations being thrown around, this thread is taking a screaming nosedive into the shitter.

it makes no sense to generalize about the differences in"classiness" between european and american women. we have all types and so do they.

so when jonglover's german pal starts pigeon-holing american girls as sluts versus those "classy" german girls, it's nothing but utter bullshit. god knows, we have our sluts and so do they.

as fir jonglover worrying that every hot babe he sees might have done some internet porn -- so what if she did?

in my line of work, i encounter many gorgeous intelligent "classy" women and it never occurs to me that they might be porn stars. in fact i suspect that few of us here at styleforum move in circles where the hot babes are porn actresses.

somehow, jonglover, with that comment you're revealing about yourself and your psyche than you realize.
Word.
post #41 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanseat
assumption being that intelligence and sluttiness have an inverse correlation

I don't think you can draw an correlation between intelligence and lack of promiscuity. At least not in my experience.
post #42 of 88
The word "classy" should always be spelled with Ks: klassy.
post #43 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
The word "classy" should always be spelled with Ks: klassy.

I always thought it was cLaSsY?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=10554705
post #44 of 88
kla$$y
post #45 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanseat
I'm in agreement on that- I've attended both a rather upper-(middle-) class HS in the US and Germany and I've come to some conclusions: While the average girl attending a german Gymnasium is classier, they are also far more intelligent on average (due to the division in school systems) and hence less slutty (assumption being that intelligence and sluttiness have an inverse correlation). However, german girls from the same sample of intelligence are probably as slutty as what I've experienced at my US HS. One thing I did notice though- on the outside they were more prudish than here but I had many things happen to me where I just had to blush (bags with underwear; girls asking me to do very private things to them straightforward; etc.).

Honestly though, I thing this is an issue of social values within a social strato and has little to do with countries.

What stupidity. As if intelligence has anything to do with how sexual someone is. In fact, I'd say that an intelligent woman realizes far better than some bimbo daddy's girl that sex is actually not a big deal, and if it's done safely it's far healthier than drinking. Most guys like to call girls sluts because they're pissed they're not getting any. To me "classy" (a word that in and of itself is an oxymoron), is someone who is cultured but at the same time unique, and interesting. I think the European education system lends itself moreso to that end than we do in America. Frankly, most career women, like 28 year old investment bankers are the most boring, consumeristic, trump wannabe morons in the world. There's nothing classy about this 80s revival you find at B and law schools. To me there's nothing sexy or classy about being engrossed in a meaningless career... if it's your means to an end, great, but I have to disagree that just a woman with an education makes them "classier". And before anyone says that I'm chauvinist, take into account that I despise male Gordon Gekko worshippers too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Are European Women more classy than American Women?