or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Advice about twins
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Advice about twins - Page 2

post #16 of 50
twins are a sign of evil in your village, you know what you need to do and choose carefully.
post #17 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post
I think we came 'out of the fog' around 3....

Ahh, but what a fog it was.

The two times in my life that I kept going days at a time by bouncing off REM sleep in 15 minute bursts was when I was finishing my thesis and when the twins were weeks old.

One was much more fun than the other.
post #18 of 50
Thread Starter 
Wow....so much great advice here...and in the thread that gdl203 linked. Many thanks....I appreciate the encouragement.
post #19 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Awesome. Their current skill set indicates that they will both have a career in rock climbing or acrobatic circus. Maybe I should sign them up for the Cirque du Soleil school.

you could send them over to one of those gymnastic schools in china and leave them there with those para-military gymnastic trainers and come back for them after 4 years or when they represent the chinese olympic team, whichever comes first.... still happy for your experience.... man I wish I have twin boys too!
post #20 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post
you could send them over to one of those gymnastic schools in china and leave them there with those para-military gymnastic trainers and come back for them after 4 years or when they represent the chinese olympic team, whichever comes first.... still happy for your experience.... man I wish I have twin boys too!

i was about to say you could send them to become chinese gymnasts lolol
post #21 of 50
Thread Starter 
Time to start doing some shopping. Any recs on stroller brands?
post #22 of 50
^ still a fan of mclarens and old school gracos. not as hip anymore for the "stylish" parents but I don't really know if I want to be like them anyway.
post #23 of 50
I dont know if they make a double wide, but my Uppababy is teh shit.
post #24 of 50
For this and other shopping- I'd look for the local twins club and find out when their next sale is. Ours had two per year. When the twins are young this has got to be the best bang for the buck.
post #25 of 50
The Mountain Buggy is the best double stroller out there. Don't get a mclaren or anything that's not on inflated tires - believe me it gets heavy and hard to maneuver very quickly. Get the MB
post #26 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post
Time to start doing some shopping. Any recs on stroller brands?

Eric, I'm going to ask my wife to put together a letter of some recs for you.

we had a baby jogger city series. side by side. we also had an "umbrella" stroller, actually, two - a single that we would use by carrying one and leaving one in the stroller, and a doubel umbrella.

we also, for the first few months, used a double snap and go. the snap and go wasn line, the strollers were all side by side. the side by side was nice, because the twins could inteact.

you have to think about how you will use it - do you need to put it in a car, use it on public transporation, etc.


+1 on inflated tires
post #27 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
I dont know if they make a double wide, but my Uppababy is teh shit.
No version for twins, it seems. But, thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_timothy View Post
For this and other shopping- I'd look for the local twins club and find out when their next sale is. Ours had two per year. When the twins are young this has got to be the best bang for the buck.
A good idea..I will see if such a thing exists here in Japan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
The Mountain Buggy is the best double stroller out there. Don't get a mclaren or anything that's not on inflated tires - believe me it gets heavy and hard to maneuver very quickly. Get the MB
Thanks for the rec...it looks great! Interestingly, their Japanese website doesn't show the Duo model. But I will check it out more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post
Eric, I'm going to ask my wife to put together a letter of some recs for you. we had a baby jogger city series. side by side. we also had an "umbrella" stroller, actually, two - a single that we would use by carrying one and leaving one in the stroller, and a doubel umbrella. we also, for the first few months, used a double snap and go. the snap and go wasn line, the strollers were all side by side. the side by side was nice, because the twins could inteact. you have to think about how you will use it - do you need to put it in a car, use it on public transporation, etc. +1 on inflated tires
Thanks, Z! I would appreciate your wife's input! About usage...mostly around the neighbourhood and also to use on local trains and subways.
post #28 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post




Thanks, Z! I would appreciate your wife's input! About usage...mostly around the neighbourhood and also to use on local trains and subways.

here's the thing - for us it was to get in and out of the car. you need to see what your use will be (stairs on the metro, for instance, getting through the gate of the metro, getting on buses, what ever) and work from that. what works for us in a car won't work for the metro, and vice versa. you might find that an in-line works better than a side by side, for instance.
post #29 of 50
Thread Starter 
The lull before the storm....due date on October 29!
post #30 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post
The lull before the storm....due date on October 29!

cool, my girls were Oct 26.

what stroller did you end up getting? did you get a double snap and go, too?

good luck, get some rest
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Advice about twins