or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Would you wait?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Would you wait?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
I went to pick up a pair of Alden Straight Tip Bal Oxfords today and was told that it would take 12 weeks. Would you want or would you just pick up AE Park Avenues?
post #2 of 13
Just order them from somewhere else.
post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel222 View Post
Just order them from somewhere else.
If you know your size, then there are several online options for getting Alden shoes, or call another store.
post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
If you know your size, then there are several online options for getting Alden shoes, or call another store.

They called the factory - I guess I could get them faster if someone had them in stock. As I understand it Alden is a small factory and selection is often limited.
post #5 of 13
Seems unlikely that the Internet is entirely sold out of them. If that were the case though, I wouldnt wait unless I didnt really need them in the first place. For the price though Id probably just get some C&J
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy View Post
Seems unlikely that the Internet is entirely sold out of them. If that were the case though, I wouldnt wait unless I didnt really need them in the first place. For the price though Id probably just get some C&J

Alden & C&J are not even in the same price point.
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel222 View Post
Alden & C&J are not even in the same price point.
Well the Alden shoe in question is going for $416 on shoemart, is that an inflated price? You can get Handgrade C&J off plal for $470 or benchgrade for $310-350 depending on shoe.
post #8 of 13
A couple of years ago I waited several months for Alden cigar shell longwings. It was well worth the wait. If you really want them and can't find them elsewhere, then I'd wait.
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy View Post
Well the Alden shoe in question is going for $416 on shoemart, is that an inflated price? You can get Handgrade C&J off plal for $470 or benchgrade for $310-350 depending on shoe.

So yes. If you compare a full priced retailer of Aldens to a discount C&J dealer, they are the same price.
post #10 of 13
I would get the AE Park Avenues. They are a very nice shoe that will serve you well.

Save up for an Alden in shell cordovan a year from now.
post #11 of 13
FYI, the Alden Irregular lists were sent out today.
post #12 of 13
12 weeks for a pair of Alden bals? oh hell no
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy View Post
Well the Alden shoe in question is going for $416 on shoemart, is that an inflated price? You can get Handgrade C&J off plal for $470 or benchgrade for $310-350 depending on shoe.

Not anymore, if SF posters are too be trusted.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Would you wait?