or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Anthony Delos porn and related subjects
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anthony Delos porn and related subjects - Page 20

post #286 of 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post
The closest competetor to these trees is not bespoke, to add to the confusion.

who is the closest competitor?
post #287 of 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post
talk on the street is telling different stories about his abilities. just saying

@luk: my lobb stj. trees are pretty much the same. so probably they are going the frog route.

imo, if you're lastmaker won't be able this kind of trees, it can end up in a mess, when having another party involved. let alone all the logistic inconvenience.

Which street exactly?
post #288 of 409
http://www.depiedencap.eu/spip.php?article139

The videos in this article might be of interest for you guys.
post #289 of 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post
But it awefully expensive to make these, hollwig them out is really a pain (but it'fantastic for travelling).
I guess that for some peOple a massive, heavy piece of wood symbolizes more "quality".

I dont know on what basis you say hollow shoe trees are awfully expensive.
If its machine tooled from start to end and in bulk, how much do you think it'll be? $100?
post #290 of 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
Which street exactly?

Mahlerstrasse.
post #291 of 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangofett View Post
I am saying most shoe makers dont make shoe trees by hand anymore.
They are done by machine.

fwiw, trees are made by a lastmaker.
post #292 of 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post
But it awefully expensive to make these, hollwig them out is really a pain (but it'fantastic for travelling).
...
Hard to believe IMHO, the heel piece is simply drilled twice, the front piece is a little more complex, but not that much ...
post #293 of 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloj View Post
Hard to believe IMHO, the heel piece is simply drilled twice, the front piece is a little more complex, but not that much ...

no offense.

this is coming from CN. he is not known for his technical understanding.
post #294 of 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post
fwiw, trees are made by a lastmaker.

Er, I was told by a shoe maker their trees are made by machine.
And it was not like a trade secret and they were not embarrassed by it.

I guess with modern technology, it makes little sense in slowly shaping a piece of wood for trees. I would rather make shoes and earn more from doing it. And I think shoemakers do not have as many apprentice as they used to.
post #295 of 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangofett View Post
Er, I was told by a shoe maker their trees are made by machine.

talking about the profession and not the procedure.

never heard that terry moore made a pair of shoes. would be interested to know.
post #296 of 409
Thread Starter 
Just to add my two cents,

Hervé usually makes a last by hand, if not made by the shoe-maker. Anthony is also trained as a last maker, thus he does them himself.
The shoe-trees are made on the basis of the last, partly by hand and partly by machine. But every shoe-tree is made in an artisanal way and thanks to this one ends up with shoe-trees that are different from one foot to the other and respecting your feet specificities.
To imagine that they are cheap to make is just an illusion as we are talking about unique pieces.
Please check again the videos on the link posted by PiedBeau above and stop talking nonsense.....


Adrian
post #297 of 409
Adrian, so you are saying that your technical competence is as low as mine?
post #298 of 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajv View Post
Just to add my two cents,

Hervé usually makes a last by hand, if not made by the shoe-maker. Anthony is also trained as a last maker, thus he does them himself.
The shoe-trees are made on the basis of the last, partly by hand and partly by machine. But every shoe-tree is made in an artisanal way and thanks to this one ends up with shoe-trees that are different from one foot to the other and respecting your feet specificities.
To imagine that they are cheap to make is just an illusion as we are talking about unique pieces.
Please check again the videos on the link posted by PiedBeau above and stop talking nonsense.....


Adrian


Agreed, whoever that might be.
post #299 of 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajv View Post
Just to add my two cents,

Hervé usually makes a last by hand, if not made by the shoe-maker. Anthony is also trained as a last maker, thus he does them himself.
The shoe-trees are made on the basis of the last, partly by hand and partly by machine. But every shoe-tree is made in an artisanal way and thanks to this one ends up with shoe-trees that are different from one foot to the other and respecting your feet specificities.
To imagine that they are cheap to make is just an illusion as we are talking about unique pieces.
Please check again the videos on the link posted by PiedBeau above and stop talking nonsense.....


Adrian

Adrian , have you seen the great guy?
post #300 of 409
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post
Adrian, so you are saying that your technical competence is as low as mine?

Lets put it this way, I am far from being able to do what Hervé does. But having seen Anthony create a last from zilch for me and seen Hervé working on trees and talked with both for some long hours I would say that my technical competence is non-existent but that my knowledge about shoe-trees is above any lambda human being.

Adrian
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Anthony Delos porn and related subjects