or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Things that are pissing you off- Food & Drink Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off- Food & Drink Edition - Page 178

post #2656 of 2860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

FG just gave us the latest softcore porn tumblr. You just never know what's coming down the pike.

Also, first tattooed naked girl scares me. Her post may say "vegan" but her eyes say "cannibal."

there's is nothing on that blog that even came close to making my junk wiggle
post #2657 of 2860
Not even that candid pic of GreenFrog?
post #2658 of 2860
c'mon piob. you know the accordian made you tingly.
post #2659 of 2860
ffffuuuu.gif I just HAD to scroll down to the accordion picture. ffffuuuu.gif
post #2660 of 2860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

ffffuuuu.gif I just HAD to scroll down to the accordion picture. ffffuuuu.gif
oh ye of no self-control.
post #2661 of 2860
You realize you just Edmorel'ed me? Next I'll be Google'ing some phrase you use that I should not have...
post #2662 of 2860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

You realize you just Edmorel'ed me? Next I'll be Google'ing some phrase you use that I should not have...
that's a lot to live up to. i am not worthy.
post #2663 of 2860
"Like, I love lemons, but if you give me a lemony treat I can usually only eat so much of it before my mouth is just tired of the lemon flavor. It’s all “HEY I’M LEMON AND I’M HERE IN YO FACE,” where meyer lemon is like the regular lemon’s sweeter, more laid back cousin who is just like 'Hey, what’s up? I’m kinda lemony and kinda sweet… whatevs.'"
post #2664 of 2860
Food bloggers have to be the worst fucking writers in the world.

Seriously, I read their shit and realize I'm a fucking Dostoevsky compared to them.
post #2665 of 2860
heheheh ed reads food bloggers. what's next? yelp?
c'mon. complaining about their writing ability is like complaining that your puppy piddles on teh rug. that's just what they do. most of them will grow out of it.
post #2666 of 2860
the problem, as I see it, is not the fact that they're writing their opinion on food (even when that opinion is misguided, as it often is). It's the fact that they think they're great writers and feel like other people really need to know how good they think their writing ability is.



It's like the naked vegans thinking "I know that a lot people are really interested in this, so we should really post our perfection adventures for the masses."

At least with the vegans, it wasn't their writing that made me want to carve my eyes out with a bio-degradeable knife.
post #2667 of 2860
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

the problem, as I see it, is not the fact that they're writing their opinion on food (even when that opinion is misguided, as it often is). It's the fact that they think they're great writers and feel like other people really need to know how good they think their writing ability is.
all writers think that. the difference is when you have other people agreeing. but if you didn't have that confidence, you'd never put anything on paper (or electrons, as it were). honestly, it takes a lot of years of writing before you can actually know when what you've written is bad or good. i look back on pieces i wrote 25 years ago that i thought were really terrific, and i'm embarrassed. and, very occasionally, vice versa.
the last 20 years, th ough, have been an uninterrupted run of brilliance. trust me.
post #2668 of 2860
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

Food bloggers have to be the worst fucking writers in the world.

Seriously, I read their shit and realize I'm a fucking Dostoevsky compared to them.

shog[1].gif
post #2669 of 2860
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post


the last 20 years, though, have been an uninterrupted run of brilliance. trust me.

i know this. This is why I read your stuff.
post #2670 of 2860
There are food bloggers, and there are food bloggers. And then there is Chuck.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Things that are pissing you off- Food & Drink Edition