• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GTI or other suggestions

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
finally getting myself a car and want something small and fast and reasonable. any better suggestions?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think that a 3 series is the right car for you.
devil.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The GTI looks nice, handles well, is priced decently, and has ample power. I think it would be a lot of fun.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^i concur.
bigstar[1].gif

dave

Reaction score
i bought a mini cooper S clubman a few months ago and it's awesome. they can be had for around the same $$$ as a GTI and they've got more personality imo. I did really like the GTI when I drove it too though.

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
If you can afford it, a 135i.

I'd pick the GTI over the 135, though I'd take the 130iM over the GTI. Unfortunately, we didn't get the hatchback 1-series.

per0

Reaction score
If you like GTI, take a look at Audi S3. It's more expensive but better than GTI in every way.

xpress

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArteEtLabore14
Mazda RX-8

+1...

Used its the best bang for buck on the market (Buy a couple years of extended warranty)

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
Unfortunately, we didn't get the hatchback 1-series.
This really pissed me off. Have a buddy with a GTI, and my sister has a rabbit. Both love them. I had a 20th anniversary GTI a few years back that I liked a lot. Wish they were RWD.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
check out the R32 if GTI is what you're looking at.

also the new audi A3 TDI is pretty ****.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Big fan of the GTI

I like the A3 too...but I think I actually prefer the GTI (especially considering the price).

If you want to go more expensive, instead of the A3, look at the the R32

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the R32 still close in price to the STI? I like the R32, but would much prefer the STI.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think they are still close in price...the STI would win in the performance aspects but not if you are looking for the creature comforts.

I was in an STI and an R32 a few weeks ago (chicago auto show) and there is no comparison between the beauty of the VW interior and the plastic clunkiness of the Subaru.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads