• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unusually colored shoelaces

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ive seen some purples, blues, etc. and other interesting shoelaces for dress shoes around recently, and ive had no luck finding an online retailer who carries any. I know its been discussed, but I cant find the link. Anyone?

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've yet to put them to the test but you might want to look into these They look good to me. I bought some lengths and they appear solid. Might be more suitable for shoes without a metal eyelet, however. And ...you might want to add an aglet--which you can do by dipping the end into clear nail polish.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks- I have Peas & Corn marked and forgot about it.

I've wondered about RIT-dyeing my own. If they'd stay colorfast.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can get some light beige / cream laces from Paul Smith. They definitely do some of their shoes with red and blue laces - you might want to drop them a mail.

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Thanks- I have Peas & Corn marked and forgot about it. I've wondered about RIT-dyeing my own. If they'd stay colorfast.
If the shoe lace is 100% mercerized cotton, the Rit dye might work well. Do a search for "mordants" on Google...although, come to think of it, RIT might have a recipe to fix the dye in the instructions...there are a number of chemicals (non-toxic) that will stabilize or "fix" the colour. Problem is that many laces have nylon or polyester in the weave and these are more problematic for dying....And I might add, hell on metal eyelets.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Spoo -

I'm looking for some burgandy laces for my black captoes. If you end up picking up length in these, I'll split with you. Otherwise, if you find a source, let me know.

ajv

Reaction score

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Percy Trimmer
You could have some sent from France.

I think Im going to get someone to translate this for me and wind up going with this or the other French site. Thanks for the reccom.

Originally Posted by DWFII
I've yet to put them to the test but you might want to look into these They look good to me. I bought some lengths and they appear solid. Might be more suitable for shoes without a metal eyelet, however.

And ...you might want to add an aglet--which you can do by dipping the end into clear nail polish.

I wish I had your vision and talents DW.. But I would **** that up so bad I might as well put my Adidas laces in there.

Originally Posted by teddieriley
Hey Spoo -

I'm looking for some burgandy laces for my black captoes. If you end up picking up length in these, I'll split with you. Otherwise, if you find a source, let me know.

Thats exactly what I wanted to do! Actually I wanted some violet laces for burg captoes too. Do you speak French? Im going to look at the sites above and below, but I cant speak French for ****.

Originally Posted by ajv
Check this out :

http://www.accessoires-chaussures.co...leur-mode.html

Adrian

Thanks Adrian - Im going to try and decipher that site too.

Originally Posted by rich_202
Could someone please post pics of their shoes with different coloured laces? I'd be interested to see how they look as I lack the imagination necessary to visualize a pair of shoes with laces that don't match the colour of the shoe.
eh.gif

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Leffot blog has an entry about coloured laces. The tan lace / black oxford combo looks surprisingly good.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Hey Spoo -

Both the sites mentioned above have burgundy in a couple of styles

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Percy Trimmer
You could have some sent from France.

OK - I think I want to go with the 20 pair set from this site for 50 euro.. but how the hell do I add it to my basket and check out? Can I proxy someone french speaking?
smile.gif

akoult

Reaction score
Footgalaxy off Amazon.com.

Metal tipped laces for 3.79/pair in a variety of colours. Non-metal tipped ones for 1.79/pair.

Several lengths available.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Im still after these laces, the ones from this link from Percy Trimmer above. I dont speak French, and cant decipher how to check out. If anyone in France is willing to help me with this, Id be more than happy to pay a proxy fee.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads