or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you should never cheap out on
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you should never cheap out on - Page 3

post #31 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post
Cotton swabs.

Did you get cotton stuck in your ear, too?
post #32 of 149
Detergent - the cheap stuff does not work as well
post #33 of 149
Lawyers. Carpenters. Dentists. Your family.
post #34 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota rube View Post
Hookers.

Disagree. Cheap hoes and cheap thrills can have their own skanky allure.
post #35 of 149
Thread Starter 
I think we're starting to stretch a little...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post
Wooden furniture. Alcohol.

So you will NEVER again in your life buy a well drink or a cheap shelf from ikea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willpower View Post
Pillows and comforters

What makes a high end comforter different than a mid grade comforter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post
Detergent - the cheap stuff does not work as well

ORLY? How much staining do you do to your clothes?




I dunno if you guys really believe that stuff or are you just trying to be clever
post #36 of 149
shoes
suits
jeans
haircuts
ties
watches
cars
booze
toilet paper
writing instruments
shaving paraphernalia
post #37 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidko19 View Post
ORLY? How much staining do you do to your clothes?

You don't get your clothes dirty occasionally?
post #38 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidko19 View Post
What makes a high end comforter different than a mid grade comforter?
Better quality down and baffling/fill power. Breathes much better and keeps you from getting too hot.
post #39 of 149
coke
hooker
hard drives
boob job
post #40 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhurit View Post
shoes
suits
jeans
haircuts
ties
watches
cars
booze
toilet paper
writing instruments
shaving paraphernalia

lolwut
post #41 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Routine breast exams on all those you love.

Yes.
post #42 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Food.
It took me a long while to figure this out. I used to bargain cook. Now I just cook, don't worry about cost in my pursuit of fresh ingredients and I'm happier for it. I spend less money on booze and entertainment to compensate.
post #43 of 149
Auto insurance. Always keep yer tort option. Your OneShoe. Your OneWatch. I was going to add haircuts, but a lot of guys can get the old short-back-and-sides and still look great. I was going to say your OneSuit, but a nice body can pull off a cheap suit. The list is surprisingly small. Oh, I want add tools. For sure. Buy the best you can afford.
post #44 of 149
The one thing I really don't cheap out on is food, mostly the staples. It's damm expensive but I'll make the effort to buy locally, organic if necessary and non-processed as much as possible.
post #45 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl View Post
The one thing I really don't cheap out on is food, mostly the staples. It's damm expensive but I'll make the effort to buy locally, organic if necessary and non-processed as much as possible.

Don't bother.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you should never cheap out on