or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Desperately Need some legal advice re: My Credit Report/Score
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Desperately Need some legal advice re: My Credit Report/Score - Page 6

post #76 of 87
lol ok..whatever
Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowRow View Post
Umm. Car costs what - $20k? Of course, if you want a Bentley, it's different talk, but the average salary in for an amerikkan is like what - $28000 at age 25 to about $42000 at the age of 65???

Work, for a year, save $20k, buy a car - PROBLEM SOLVED.

Same with house, work for 5 years and save $100k.


Why would you rent an apartment? I mean - you can just live with your parents until you save for the house. It's normal. Renting an apartment is just throwing money away. Also - you will inherit parent's house/apartment anyway, so where's the stress?


Insurance? Okay, things may be different in amerikka, but where I live nobody cares about the insurance. You just pay the doc and if it's something serious, the state covers it.
post #77 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
Alright, this is what you could do: Write the bastard t-mobile corporation a letter and include these contents: Tell them that you are happy to pay the lawfully owed financial obligations upon receipt of these three items in your mail. 1. validation of the owed debt (actual accounting figures) 2. verification of their claim against you (a sworn affidavit or a signed true invoice) 3. a full disclosure copy of the contract binding both parties. If they cannot provide these documents then you have no true obligation to pay. And if these corporate thugs sick their 3rd party collection agencies and/or lawyers on you, you are not obligated to reply them, unless you are being served..which is a different matter. They have nothing to do with you and t-mobile and have NO jurisdiction over you, period, if they do try to contact you, you make sure you let them know they have nothing to do with 'the person in question'. I urge you to learn your 'common law rights' and 'contract law' as they will help you in incidents like these where these doucheb's are trying to take advantage of good people, if you want some more info, you can PM me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
No offence, but this sounds suspiciously like some "freeman on the land" stuff. FStyles would have been given a copy of the contract binding both parties when he signed the initial contract several years ago - y'know, when he signed up to a phone plan? And he's been advised of the amount that he owes, in telephone bills. He acknowledges that. And what does "actual accounting figures" mean, anyway? A copy of the company's profit and loss statements? The amount that it actually cost them to provide him with a service? They're under no obligation to provide those figures to him. When you go to buy your groceries, do you go up to the checkout operator and say to him/her, "You've charged me $10 for this big sack of potatoes. Before I pay for it, can you please show me the actual cost that you incurred in obtaining these potatoes and in stocking them so that I can purchase them? Also, when you present me with the invoice for my groceries, can you please sign the invoice, otherwise I do not consider it to be a valid invoice and I will not consider that I need to pay you."? I think that FStyles is looking for some useful, practical advice, not something that will have him running around in circles engaged in a fruitless and frustrating exchange of paper with a large company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
Obviously you know nothing about US debt collection laws. Please at least read the FDCPA and FCRA before posting back in this thread. The advice that you criticize above is very valid. "Actual accounting figures" means copies of his account and how they derived the numbers they did. They have to show it is valid and that they didn't pull it out of thin air. They can say he owes anything, that doesn't mean it is correct.
I must admit that I do know very little about US debt collection laws as I work in an entirely different jurisdiction, and so I apologise if I got hold of the wrong end of the stick. I've been dealing with some "freemen on the land" recently and, to be quite frank, the advice sounded rather like some of the arguments that they run. Also, perhaps foolishly, I did not realise that FStyle was now dealing with a debt collection agency and not with T-Mobile. Lastly, I did not realise that dodgy debt collection agencies might try to persuade you to pay debts that they do not have the right to collect. I do apologise for any offence that I might have caused and for making uninformed comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhurit View Post
STFU, sir
Well, thank-you for your polite and well-informed contribution to this thread.
post #78 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowRow View Post
Umm. Car costs what - $20k? Of course, if you want a Bentley, it's different talk, but the average salary in for an amerikkan is like what - $28000 at age 25 to about $42000 at the age of 65???

Work, for a year, save $20k, buy a car - PROBLEM SOLVED.

Same with house, work for 5 years and save $100k.


Why would you rent an apartment? I mean - you can just live with your parents until you save for the house. It's normal. Renting an apartment is just throwing money away. Also - you will inherit parent's house/apartment anyway, so where's the stress?


Insurance? Okay, things may be different in amerikka, but where I live nobody cares about the insurance. You just pay the doc and if it's something serious, the state covers it.

Dude, please stop. You OBVIOUSLY have no idea wtf you're talking about, prolly have never stepped out of where you live, and just ranting out your ass.

$100k for a house.....pls.
post #79 of 87
I don't know if this will help much, but throwing out two ideas.

First, I would call the three major credit reporting agencies and ask them exactly what it takes to get this removed from your report, and also if you settle, how long it will be there. (It's not clear from all the posts if this has already been done.) I am guessing the answer will be that it's up to T-Mobile, as you've essentially let them claim this as a legitimate debt at this point.

Second, I think your best option is going to find a lawyer who is familiar with credit laws and pay them a few hundred dollars to get this settled for you. The one thing they have that you don't is knowing how to negotiate with T-Mobile and the debt collectors. It is going to take someone who knows how the system works and who has the implied authority to get things taken care of. It's probably a few letters and phone calls for them. I think it will be money well spent.
post #80 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStyles View Post
$100k for a house.....pls.
Plenty of houses in the US for $100k, but otherwise this guy is a DB. Good luck with the debt. I had a collection agency after me for a stupid, stupid mistake I made, and I ended up settling. Thought I was getting a good deal. Turns out my credit rating was completely thrashed. I'd be surprised if I were above 650 even two years later.
post #81 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by unjung View Post
Plenty of houses in the US for $100k, but otherwise this guy is a DB.

Good luck with the debt. I had a collection agency after me for a stupid, stupid mistake I made, and I ended up settling. Thought I was getting a good deal. Turns out my credit rating was completely thrashed. I'd be surprised if I were above 650 even two years later.

you're right, I ws just making a point that where I live, $100k will get you a half covered parking space in the ghetttttttto.

and i apprecaite the wishes mate. I would check you score if I were you. 2 years later, if thre's nothing still pending, you're bound to be over 660-680 range.
post #82 of 87
Haven't read the whole thread,just the OP. Wouldn't T-mobile agree to give a letter to CRs asking to remove the line? If I were you,I would try to sweet talk to T-mobile,pay everything and even some premium if necessary just to get a letter from them. Second option would be just to pay it off and wait for it to come off your credit. You may then try to dispute it with CRs but it will be crap shoot as they may remove it temporarily but it might pop back up when T-mobile reports it later on.
post #83 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post
Haven't read the whole thread,just the OP. Wouldn't T-mobile agree to give a letter to CRs asking to remove the line? If I were you,I would try to sweet talk to T-mobile,pay everything and even some premium if necessary just to get a letter from them. Second option would be just to pay it off and wait for it to come off your credit. You may then try to dispute it with CRs but it will be crap shoot as they may remove it temporarily but it might pop back up when T-mobile reports it later on.

Appreciate teh advice but the way to go seemed to be JohnGalt's plan. Writing a DV letter to them, hoping they will NOT respond w/in 30 days and take it from there.

tmobile has wiped their hands clean and have sold this to a collections agency.

Trying to call them directly has been retired in 2006 when I was on the phoen twice/day with those fuckers.
post #84 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowRow View Post
Sorry? I like how when people are unable to refute arguments, they immediately yell "Troll! TROLL! Oh great, now I don't have to argument anything anymore". Grow up.

you are a troll. and a weak , uneventful one at it.

for one thing, you got to eat, drive, pay for things. it's not all that simple to save your whole salary each year. live with your parents because renting is wasting money? please. step out into life on your own and see what we mean. hey fucker, i moved back into my parents' home for 9 months back in 2003 due to circumstances (and lovingly against my will because they wanted me back for awhile) and i paid them a grand a month against their will for rent. you stupid troll
post #85 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowRow View Post
Not trolling. I don't see why the hate about living with parents in Amerika. It's not so in other world. I pay for half bills, too as far as I can afford, so it's not like you're leeching. It's just irrational to move out of a perfectly good house/apartment and start renting and basically throwing your money away.

ok then i see you have a sincere view point. however, the op and most of us here are married. there are some social dynamics that come into play that can cause alot of problems and health degeneration if you have your wife live with your parents under the same roof. maybe it is fine for you and that is fortunate. but not alot of us have this situation. in those circumstances, it is better to live on your own, and pay extra money and although it will take longer and harder to save money, at least your quality of life (and/or your wife's) is better. it's two different viewpoints. some see it as sac your quality of life NOW to get a better one when you are older/ in the future. some see it as , do the best you can to have a good quality of life now (while still striving to save for the future of course).
post #86 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho'nuff View Post
you are a troll. and a weak , uneventful one at it.

for one thing, you got to eat, drive, pay for things. it's not all that simple to save your whole salary each year. live with your parents because renting is wasting money? please. step out into life on your own and see what we mean. hey fucker, i moved back into my parents' home for 9 months back in 2003 due to circumstances (and lovingly against my will because they wanted me back for awhile) and i paid them a grand a month against their will for rent. you stupid troll

Damn. I like that, too many people take their parents for granted.

I lived with my parents for a few months after graduation because my job was via telecommute and I hadn't found a better one. Now that I've moved out I'm clearly saving way less money than I would like.

And yeah, it takes serious discipline and skill to save any significant portion of your total salary especially if you live in a place with high expenses (NYC, LA, Boston, DC etc). I think being able to bank somewhere around 20k a year on anything less than 80k-100k a year is very difficult unless you live in some really cheap place.
post #87 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowRow View Post
I am a troll, and a very uneventful one. It's just irrational to move out of a perfectly good house/apartment and start renting and basically throwing your money away.


FTFY

If you don't know the social dynamics of American society, probably best you keep out of the discussion let alone pass judgment on an entire culture.

We don't live with Mommy and daddy here at a certain age. Just the way it is. period.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Desperately Need some legal advice re: My Credit Report/Score