Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 9:31 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
@@@***Aika Jeans Denim Japan 'JIN' Jeans for sale***@@@ - Page 8post #107 of 1206/29/11 at 6:29pmpost #108 of 1206/30/11 at 2:06ampost #109 of 1206/30/11 at 2:08ampost #110 of 1206/30/11 at 5:32ampost #111 of 1206/30/11 at 5:52amIt's kinda hard to judge what these jeans are like given that so far the people who have gone out and bought them have fairly low posts counts. Not completely discounting their opinions but it makes it harder to value their experience or have a baseline in which to compare these jeans to other well-known manufacturers. Can someone compare these to other denim they own?post #112 of 1206/30/11 at 8:51ampost #113 of 1206/30/11 at 2:38pmQuote:It's kinda hard to judge what these jeans are like given that so far the people who have gone out and bought them have fairly low posts counts. Not completely discounting their opinions but it makes it harder to value their experience or have a baseline in which to compare these jeans to other well-known manufacturers.
Can someone compare these to other denim they own?
Hairy as hell. Seriously.
Based on some macro shots I've seen of Texas cotton, these are just as hairy. Fabric is really really stiff and crunchy.
The only thing that may not thrill people is the fit - though many people on SF are after a straight fit anyway, so these would fit the bill.
+1 on the fades comment though; don't think anyone's worn them thoroughly enough to give conclusive evo pics. Based on all the other features of the jean, though, it should be good.
P.S. i tried putting on my aika gi last night (SDO) and failed. gonna see if i can stretch em real good this weekend.post #114 of 1206/30/11 at 3:00pmQuote:mikecch has a pair, check his blog or pm him for more details. How well they fade remains to be seen.Quote:* the ‘slim’ models he is offering I have NEVER seen before at either AIKA or their retailers * pricing is much lower than what AIKA sold them for No matter what he tells you – AIKA HAS BEEN LIQUIDATED & SHUT DOWN as of 2009.post #115 of 1206/30/11 at 3:02pmpost #116 of 1206/30/11 at 3:30pmpost #117 of 1206/30/11 at 8:07pm1) Pricing: this has been answered in this thread: David bought old stock when Aika was liquidating with the intention to open his own store to sell it. Things didn't pan out and the jeans are taking up a bedroom (??) of his, so they have to go.. 2) Slim cut: Can you clarify your question? Are you thinking that 'Gi' is the slim cut that was faked? I think you're gonna have to ask Mike for that one, since I wasn't around for that fiasco. By the way, if it matters at all, "LC_" is the same gent as "LC_Miley" on SuFu; he's got plenty of posts over therepost #118 of 1206/30/11 at 8:22pmpost #119 of 1206/30/11 at 8:24pm^ thanks for the heads-up blackmage. David (goodtrade) is legit, former employee at Aika Australia IIRC. Damn good prices he is offering too My blog post was referring to this guy in Singapore who is using my blog post to sell some questionable Aika jeans and doing "pre-orders", even though the company is long gone. Aika jeans are made by a very well regarded garment factory in Japan, they also make the one-of-one/Enishi jeans. The fabric on the Aika Jin, although I have not given mine any significant wear yet, is likely to be a slow fading one, fading to a more blurry hue given the cut and the natural indigo. The 14.5 oz denim made of 100% Zimbabwe cotton has a very nice hand! I can't fault the jeans at all, well, except maybe for the very thin leather patch... Yes, there have been slimmer models than the Jin, but the ones this "bronker" guy is selling in Singapore didn't look legit. The Gi model is legit, I've seen many pairs of them in Australian stores. It's cheaper because (again, IIRC) the fabric used is not as high-end as the Jin. You can see some of the manufacturing process of this factory in Okayama here: http://denimmaster.net/process.html Though the shop is selling the jeans we know as "Enishi" at 39,800 yen!!!! I got mine for $50 :Ppost #120 of 1207/3/11 at 3:50pmThread Starter
Thought I'd jump on and answer a few questions that have come up on the thread.
Fist of all though, I'd like to say thank you to all those who have left positive feedback about Aika products and even vouched for me personally.
It is very much appreciated and makes me glad I didn't sell these jeans as a job lot to some discount store, rather than selling one pair at a time to people who understand them.
Why aren't there any fade pics of the Jin.
I personally can't wear the Jin because I am too tall. I have a 37 inch inside leg, which means that even the Gi are too short. Bummer.
If anyone who owns them wants to take some pics then great, but if they don't that's their choice and I respect that.
If you want to see how the Jin might fade, see below.
I send these jeans by Registered International service. Calculator can be found here:
I am making a loss on shipping with every pair.
I send in a Auspost 'tough bag' which costs me AU$1.50
I charge (for example) US$35 to ship to USA & Canada.
I pay AU$1.50 + AU$34.90 = AU$36.40 total which equates to US$39.20
Recently U.S. customs decided to charge a flat fee of AU$9.00 for all parcels over 500grams.
So if you are buying in the USA you are getting an even better deal as I am going to absorb this cost.
To keep within forum guidelines I am going to add a few pairs of a rare factory faded Jin to my thread for sale.
Recently found these amongst the rest of the one wash Jin.
These will also give you an idea about how the Jin will fade.
This was known as the 'six month wash'; washed and hand faded at the factory.
I have the following sizes for sale:
Same price as the Jin one wash (even though these were more expensive to manufacture)
US$79.00 by paypal
Orders/and or questions, send me a PM.
Edited by goodtrade - 7/31/11 at 4:43am
- @@@***Aika Jeans Denim Japan 'JIN' Jeans for sale***@@@
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 37 seconds ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 16 minutes ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 16 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feeback & Appreciation 20 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 22 minutes ago
- › Have a work event in a few days, will this suit work? 23 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 25 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 26 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...