Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
@@@***Aika Jeans Denim Japan 'JIN' Jeans for sale***@@@ - Page 8
Can someone compare these to other denim they own?
Hairy as hell. Seriously.
Based on some macro shots I've seen of Texas cotton, these are just as hairy. Fabric is really really stiff and crunchy.
The only thing that may not thrill people is the fit - though many people on SF are after a straight fit anyway, so these would fit the bill.
+1 on the fades comment though; don't think anyone's worn them thoroughly enough to give conclusive evo pics. Based on all the other features of the jean, though, it should be good.
P.S. i tried putting on my aika gi last night (SDO) and failed. gonna see if i can stretch em real good this weekend.
Thought I'd jump on and answer a few questions that have come up on the thread.
Fist of all though, I'd like to say thank you to all those who have left positive feedback about Aika products and even vouched for me personally.
It is very much appreciated and makes me glad I didn't sell these jeans as a job lot to some discount store, rather than selling one pair at a time to people who understand them.
Why aren't there any fade pics of the Jin.
I personally can't wear the Jin because I am too tall. I have a 37 inch inside leg, which means that even the Gi are too short. Bummer.
If anyone who owns them wants to take some pics then great, but if they don't that's their choice and I respect that.
If you want to see how the Jin might fade, see below.
I send these jeans by Registered International service. Calculator can be found here:
I am making a loss on shipping with every pair.
I send in a Auspost 'tough bag' which costs me AU$1.50
I charge (for example) US$35 to ship to USA & Canada.
I pay AU$1.50 + AU$34.90 = AU$36.40 total which equates to US$39.20
Recently U.S. customs decided to charge a flat fee of AU$9.00 for all parcels over 500grams.
So if you are buying in the USA you are getting an even better deal as I am going to absorb this cost.
To keep within forum guidelines I am going to add a few pairs of a rare factory faded Jin to my thread for sale.
Recently found these amongst the rest of the one wash Jin.
These will also give you an idea about how the Jin will fade.
This was known as the 'six month wash'; washed and hand faded at the factory.
I have the following sizes for sale:
Same price as the Jin one wash (even though these were more expensive to manufacture)
US$79.00 by paypal
Orders/and or questions, send me a PM.
Edited by goodtrade - 7/31/11 at 4:43am
- @@@***Aika Jeans Denim Japan 'JIN' Jeans for sale***@@@
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 37 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...