Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 9:03 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
@@@***Aika Jeans Denim Japan 'JIN' Jeans for sale***@@@ - Page 8post #107 of 1206/29/11 at 6:29pmpost #108 of 1206/30/11 at 2:06ampost #109 of 1206/30/11 at 2:08ampost #110 of 1206/30/11 at 5:32ampost #111 of 1206/30/11 at 5:52amIt's kinda hard to judge what these jeans are like given that so far the people who have gone out and bought them have fairly low posts counts. Not completely discounting their opinions but it makes it harder to value their experience or have a baseline in which to compare these jeans to other well-known manufacturers. Can someone compare these to other denim they own?post #112 of 1206/30/11 at 8:51ampost #113 of 1206/30/11 at 2:38pmQuote:It's kinda hard to judge what these jeans are like given that so far the people who have gone out and bought them have fairly low posts counts. Not completely discounting their opinions but it makes it harder to value their experience or have a baseline in which to compare these jeans to other well-known manufacturers.
Can someone compare these to other denim they own?
Hairy as hell. Seriously.
Based on some macro shots I've seen of Texas cotton, these are just as hairy. Fabric is really really stiff and crunchy.
The only thing that may not thrill people is the fit - though many people on SF are after a straight fit anyway, so these would fit the bill.
+1 on the fades comment though; don't think anyone's worn them thoroughly enough to give conclusive evo pics. Based on all the other features of the jean, though, it should be good.
P.S. i tried putting on my aika gi last night (SDO) and failed. gonna see if i can stretch em real good this weekend.post #114 of 1206/30/11 at 3:00pmQuote:mikecch has a pair, check his blog or pm him for more details. How well they fade remains to be seen.Quote:* the ‘slim’ models he is offering I have NEVER seen before at either AIKA or their retailers * pricing is much lower than what AIKA sold them for No matter what he tells you – AIKA HAS BEEN LIQUIDATED & SHUT DOWN as of 2009.post #115 of 1206/30/11 at 3:02pmpost #116 of 1206/30/11 at 3:30pmpost #117 of 1206/30/11 at 8:07pm1) Pricing: this has been answered in this thread: David bought old stock when Aika was liquidating with the intention to open his own store to sell it. Things didn't pan out and the jeans are taking up a bedroom (??) of his, so they have to go.. 2) Slim cut: Can you clarify your question? Are you thinking that 'Gi' is the slim cut that was faked? I think you're gonna have to ask Mike for that one, since I wasn't around for that fiasco. By the way, if it matters at all, "LC_" is the same gent as "LC_Miley" on SuFu; he's got plenty of posts over therepost #118 of 1206/30/11 at 8:22pmpost #119 of 1206/30/11 at 8:24pm^ thanks for the heads-up blackmage. David (goodtrade) is legit, former employee at Aika Australia IIRC. Damn good prices he is offering too My blog post was referring to this guy in Singapore who is using my blog post to sell some questionable Aika jeans and doing "pre-orders", even though the company is long gone. Aika jeans are made by a very well regarded garment factory in Japan, they also make the one-of-one/Enishi jeans. The fabric on the Aika Jin, although I have not given mine any significant wear yet, is likely to be a slow fading one, fading to a more blurry hue given the cut and the natural indigo. The 14.5 oz denim made of 100% Zimbabwe cotton has a very nice hand! I can't fault the jeans at all, well, except maybe for the very thin leather patch... Yes, there have been slimmer models than the Jin, but the ones this "bronker" guy is selling in Singapore didn't look legit. The Gi model is legit, I've seen many pairs of them in Australian stores. It's cheaper because (again, IIRC) the fabric used is not as high-end as the Jin. You can see some of the manufacturing process of this factory in Okayama here: http://denimmaster.net/process.html Though the shop is selling the jeans we know as "Enishi" at 39,800 yen!!!! I got mine for $50 :Ppost #120 of 1207/3/11 at 3:50pmThread Starter
Thought I'd jump on and answer a few questions that have come up on the thread.
Fist of all though, I'd like to say thank you to all those who have left positive feedback about Aika products and even vouched for me personally.
It is very much appreciated and makes me glad I didn't sell these jeans as a job lot to some discount store, rather than selling one pair at a time to people who understand them.
Why aren't there any fade pics of the Jin.
I personally can't wear the Jin because I am too tall. I have a 37 inch inside leg, which means that even the Gi are too short. Bummer.
If anyone who owns them wants to take some pics then great, but if they don't that's their choice and I respect that.
If you want to see how the Jin might fade, see below.
I send these jeans by Registered International service. Calculator can be found here:
I am making a loss on shipping with every pair.
I send in a Auspost 'tough bag' which costs me AU$1.50
I charge (for example) US$35 to ship to USA & Canada.
I pay AU$1.50 + AU$34.90 = AU$36.40 total which equates to US$39.20
Recently U.S. customs decided to charge a flat fee of AU$9.00 for all parcels over 500grams.
So if you are buying in the USA you are getting an even better deal as I am going to absorb this cost.
To keep within forum guidelines I am going to add a few pairs of a rare factory faded Jin to my thread for sale.
Recently found these amongst the rest of the one wash Jin.
These will also give you an idea about how the Jin will fade.
This was known as the 'six month wash'; washed and hand faded at the factory.
I have the following sizes for sale:
Same price as the Jin one wash (even though these were more expensive to manufacture)
US$79.00 by paypal
Orders/and or questions, send me a PM.
Edited by goodtrade - 7/31/11 at 4:43am
- @@@***Aika Jeans Denim Japan 'JIN' Jeans for sale***@@@
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Helpful Ways To Build New Muscle Fast! 11 seconds ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 13 seconds ago
- › +91-9680462195 World Famous Tantrik (Astrologer) In Jammu & Kashmir 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › www.!!एस्ट्रोलोजर !com+91-8890885680get my wife back 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › World Famous Tantrik (Astrologer) In Gwalior +91-9680462195 5 minutes ago
- › World Famous Tantrik (Astrologer) In Allahabad +91-9680462195 5 minutes ago
- › World Famous Tantrik (Astrologer) In Navi Mumbai +91-9680462195 6 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan