or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Post pictures of cars that you like.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post pictures of cars that you like. - Page 5

post #61 of 222
Would kill for one of these.
post #62 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by grundletaint View Post
LOVE that ride. really wanted one but i'm too tall to be comfortable in it.

I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam and I think that's pushing it as far as height, but I've seen guys 6'4" or so say theyre comfortable What's weird is I tried the M Roadster and I swear it had more legroom, though BMW says they're the same.
post #63 of 222
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by epb View Post
I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam and I think that's pushing it as far as height, but I've seen guys 6'4" or so say theyre comfortable What's weird is I tried the M Roadster and I swear it had more legroom, though BMW says they're the same.

I had no problems in it and I am 6'2" with a bit over a 34" inseam. Perhaps people have different criteria for comfortable?
post #64 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Grant View Post
NOICE!

Not so nice yesterday - petrol was low, but I knew I could fill up on my way back, with 17 miles to go. Couldn't find the main key set so took the spare set. At the petrol station, I discovered I had multiple ignition keys, but no petrol cap keys (twin tank). Thankfully the gauges under-read, and I made it back.
post #65 of 222




post #66 of 222
I like the Rolls Royce Camargue:
post #67 of 222
One of the very few cars out there I really cry for at night...
post #68 of 222
..
post #69 of 222
Some good stuff already posted. '60s era Ferraris are my favorite.

post #70 of 222
1969 Hurst Olds Cutlass http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1969_Hurst_Olds.jpg
post #71 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tee* View Post
One of the very few cars out there I really cry for a night...




Ditto. When I win the lottery- A maser goes in the stable.
post #72 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by username79 View Post
I had no problems in it and I am 6'2" with a bit over a 34" inseam. Perhaps people have different criteria for comfortable?

Mostly, they often are able to kid themselves. I've seen guys cram themselves into cars with their knees up and heads crooked over, and say "What? No, it's a perfect fit!" Truth is, 90% of people on the road don't know the correct seating position for driving anyway. I see tons of people sitting too low, too close or too far back, with the seatback at the wrong angle. Don't even get me started on mirror positioning...
post #73 of 222
'56 250GT Zagato
post #74 of 222
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by epb View Post
Mostly, they often are able to kid themselves. I've seen guys cram themselves into cars with their knees up and heads crooked over, and say "What? No, it's a perfect fit!" Truth is, 90% of people on the road don't know the correct seating position for driving anyway. I see tons of people sitting too low, too close or too far back, with the seatback at the wrong angle. Don't even get me started on mirror positioning...
Perhaps a link to a correct fit manual (a la the ergonomic ones for offices) is in order? I will say that in my BMW I learned the hard way to use the memory setting. Takes me around 3-4 days of driving to "find" my position again after someone has changed it.
post #75 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by username79 View Post
Perhaps a link to a correct fit manual (a la the ergonomic ones for offices) is in order?
It's pretty simple. For seats, the seat should be close enough so that you can place your wrist on top of the steering wheel, while both your shoulders are still against the seat. This has two purposes: 1. With your hands at 3- and 9-o'clock on the wheel (the correct position of the hands on the wheel), you can turn the wheel 180 degrees right or left without moving your hands relative to the wheel. This is important because if you are in a skid, you know where center is, and you don't need to shuffle steer. There are some other advantages for track driving, but knowing when your wheel is centered is more important. 2. At 3 and 9, your elbows will have a soft bend, which is good in a crash because your elbows will bend and not transmit as much energy as if they were locked. In this position, for most people, your legs should also be in the right position. There, you also want a soft bend in the knees, so that crash energy is not transmitted up your legs. Some people with different proportions may need to alter this a bit, but the idea is to put a soft bend into your knees while still having enough reach to fully press all the pedals all the way down. For most people, this will put them much closer to the wheel than they're used to: don't worry, this is correct. For mirrors, you want the side mirrors to cover your blind spot, so that when a vehicle coming from behind you is exiting your central rear view mirror, it's just entering your side mirrors. To set this up: 1. On the drivers side, lean over until your head touches your window, and tilt the mirror outwards until it barely contains the side of the car. When in your normal driving position, you won't see the edge of your car in your mirror. This freaks some people out, but you get quickly used to it. 2. On the passenger side, it's the same: lean over until your head is in the middle of the car, and tilt the mirror outwards until it barely contains the side of the car. In your normal driving position, you won't see your car in the side mirror. One last thing: never grab the wheel underhanded, or from the inside of the wheel in any car with a steering wheel airbag. To see why, grab the top of the wheel underhanded (palm facing up, inside the wheel), and imagine the airbag going off. They go off at upwards of 200 MPH, and will push up into your elbow hyperextending and probably breaking your elbow. For the same reason, don't rest your hand on top of the wheel either, because then you get to punch yourself in the face at 200 MPH when the airbag goes off. Apparently, the ER sees these kinds of injuries in car accidents. --Andre
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Post pictures of cars that you like.