or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › what do you think is more Beach Boys style?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

what do you think is more Beach Boys style? - Page 2

post #16 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson brother
The website says "Made from soft woven cotton, with a handsome plaid print, snazzy chest pocket, adjustable buttoned cuffs, and shirttail hem." is that the same as flannel?
real flannel is wool. today, many flannel shirts are made of a cotton blend technically called flannelettes. I do not think that shirt is either, but its pattern is common for flannelette shirts stereotypically worn by lumberjacks and Nirvana fans. I like that shirt, BTW
post #17 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stax
real flannel is wool. today, many flannel shirts are made of a cotton blend technically called flannelettes. I do not think that shirt is either, but its pattern is common for flannelette shirts stereotypically worn by lumberjacks and Nirvana fans.

I like that shirt, BTW

I don't like Nirvana their music doesn't have any sweet melody and the lyrics I cannot distinguish from the guitar.

I will see this shirt when I arrive. Would you wear this button to the top for a more formal look?
post #18 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson brother
I don't like Nirvana their music doesn't have any sweet melody and the lyrics I cannot distinguish from the guitar.

I will see this shirt when I arrive. Would you wear this button to the top for a more formal look?

no, that shirt is not formal at all.
post #19 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stax
no, that shirt is not formal at all.


I meant less a Nirvana look. The Beach Boys when they were young men didn't look so messy.
post #20 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson brother
I meant less a Nirvana look. The Beach Boys when they were young men didn't look so messy.

ahh, I see what you mean. I still would not button it up to the top, but that's a matter of personal taste, I suppose.
post #21 of 46
Thread Starter 
I read about clamdiggers and now I need a pair.

does someone know where in the US can can find these?
post #22 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson brother
I read about clamdiggers and now I need a pair.

does someone know where in the US can can find these?

Wherever there are clams, you will find clamdiggers

Do you like oysters?
post #23 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidicboy
certainly hope its not the present beach boys look you're pursuing...


Send them to Kokomo.
post #24 of 46
post #25 of 46
Get yourself a navy pea coat with gold buttons-----a la Brian on the cover of Pet Sounds. Brian was also a fan of the plain white t-shirt, available anywhere plain white t-shirts are sold.
post #26 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
Get yourself a navy pea coat with gold buttons-----a la Brian on the cover of Pet Sounds. Brian was also a fan of the plain white t-shirt, available anywhere plain white t-shirts are sold.

Good idea maybe this is a white shirt is the secret to this classic style..I like that coat too. I can imagine in the winter walking on the beach with that with khaki pants but I don't know what shoes.
post #27 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123
Send them to Kokomo.

This photo is not the Beach Boys..where is Brian and Dennis?? So I don't think this has anything to doing with the real style.



-Danny Wilson
post #28 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson brother
This photo is not the Beach Boys..where is Brian and Dennis?? So I don't think this has anything to doing with the real style.



-Danny Wilson

they are the beach boys. and they are still touring. they just came here a few months back.
post #29 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidicboy
they are the beach boys. and they are still touring. they just came here a few months back.


They are not the **real** Beach Boys. Dennis died in a horrible accident and the genius Brian isn't going with them so this is not the Beach Boys I know. If Ringo and George came there would you call them the Beatles??


-Danny Wilson
post #30 of 46
Mike Love is a weiner.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › what do you think is more Beach Boys style?