or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I dunno why, but I kinda like this
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I dunno why, but I kinda like this

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 

post #2 of 19
What's wrong with you, heh
post #3 of 19
I don't know why you like that either
post #4 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117


I saw a nice costume national blazer from this season, that looks like this but without the hideous detailing on the back. Sadly the jacket had surgeon cuffs on the inside, which means if the sleeves lenght isn't exactly the same as your arm lenght you're screwed.
post #5 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117


Well, the back detailing is truly hideous. And the fit is completely off on the model. And the jacket looks really boxy.

But other than that, great jacket
post #6 of 19
Uhhhhh, welcome back drizzt.
post #7 of 19
Thread Starter 
Heh, I had the same initial reaction, but it grew on me a bit. Perhaps its the incongruity of the front and back...
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Sadly the jacket had surgeon cuffs on the inside, which means if the sleeves lenght isn't exactly the same as your arm lenght you're screwed.
I have a question, well two: how to identify surgeon cuffs, and also, can't a tailor pull the arms up a bit? What are the problems with adjusting the length?

Thanks in advance.
post #9 of 19
Would it solve the problem is instead of blucher we went British and said Derby and instead of Balmoral we said Oxford?
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
I have a question, well two: how to identify surgeon cuffs, and also, can't a tailor pull the arms up a bit? What are the problems with adjusting the length?

Thanks in advance.

Surgeons cuffs is just a fancy way of saying working buttonholes. The only way to really bring up the arm would be to alter the sleevehead (i.e. at the shoulder) which is an expensive and difficult alteration that a lot of tailors botch.
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Surgeons cuffs is just a fancy way of saying working buttonholes. The only way to really bring up the arm would be to alter the sleevehead (i.e. at the shoulder) which is an expensive and difficult alteration that a lot of tailors botch.
I figured it meant working buttonholes... This is a problem, as I have a Costume National suit I got for a relative steal that I need to have altered in exactly this way... Hmm... We will see what the local seamstress says.
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117


If this guy only had some gold chains, I could endorse this look.
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
I figured it meant working buttonholes... This is a problem, as I have a Costume National suit I got for a relative steal that I need to have altered in exactly this way... Hmm... We will see what the local seamstress says.

Unless you have a very special local seamstress, I wouldn't try it, no matter what she says she can do. Doing a good job at shortening a sleeve at the shoulder is beyond the reach of most alterations tailors. That's the kind of job I would only take to a tailor who also makes custom suits.
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
I figured it meant working buttonholes... This is a problem, as I have a Costume National suit I got for a relative steal that I need to have altered in exactly this way... Hmm... We will see what the local seamstress says.

I can save you the headache if you are a 50 Eu (or even a 48 Eu). You can just send me the Costume National suit. PM me
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Heh, I had the same initial reaction, but it grew on me a bit. Perhaps its the incongruity of the front and back...
ahhh...the same appeal as the mullet.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I dunno why, but I kinda like this