• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can I wear Levis 510 Super Skinny Jeans?

Zrules

Reaction score
My waist and inseam is 32 * 32. I can fit into Levi's 511 skinny jeans with no problems with a little protrusion of my calves (I have fairly large calves that has circumferences of 13 3/8 inches). On the Levi's website, it said the Levi's 510 Super Skinny Jeans has a leg opening of 13.5 inches, which is just slightly above the circumferences of my calves. One thing that I am not sure is that whether the leg opening stays constant for different sizes of jeans, which I assume it should. Another thing that I am not sure is that whether I can fit into those jeans without trouble and noticeable protrusion of my fairly large calves (or not looking feminine). Help and suggestions are welcome. Please just answer the question, I do not need your opinion my whether guys should wear super skinny jeans, which is not the purpose of my question. I already own a pair of Levis 511 but someone suggested my to get the super skinny jeans to match my shoes.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only way to find out is to try em on....

Odds are if you're a 32" waist + inseam you have no business in denim leggings. 511s are pretty much the perfect fitting Levis...

Zrules

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Only way to find out is to try em on....

Odds are if you're a 32" waist + inseam you have no business in denim leggings. 511s are pretty much the perfect fitting Levis...

I don't get it, but they have the 32'' waist+inseam size and the super skinny jeans are for men.

kevinbrownshakedown

Reaction score
If you already notice your calves 'protruding' in 511's, then 510's are just going to be worse. Also, I don't think someone with a 32" waist needs to be wearing super skinny jeans with a 13.5" leg opening.

Big Muscle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zrules
One thing that I am not sure is that whether the leg opening stays constant for different sizes of jeans, which I assume it should.
I'm not sure about 510, but leg opening is size-dependent for other models (I have experiences with 501, 505, 512, 521, 522, 581, 582, 751)

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Zrules, You forgot one very important measurement. Suggest measuring at fullest extension.

Zrules

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kevinbrownshakedown
If you already notice your calves 'protruding' in 511's, then 510's are just going to be worse. Also, I don't think someone with a 32" waist needs to be wearing super skinny jeans with a 13.5" leg opening.
Well just saying, the models that they have on the Levi's website are definitely bigger than I am and most likely to wear 32''+ waist, yet they pulled off a decent look. I am a pretty skinny dude and skinny jeans are for skinny people, which I think is logical. I guess the only way to find out is to try them on...

Zrules

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Zrules, You forgot one very important measurement. Suggest measuring at fullest extension.

What would that be?

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you try them on and they fit, then yes you can wear them

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Isn't getting lucky something that's supposed to happen AFTER you get the jeans?

Zrules

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Isn't getting lucky something that's supposed to happen AFTER you get the jeans?

I don't know what you mean, but the luck that I meant was that they fit and look nice on me when I try them on in the store, not that people on the street would compliment and not vomit when they see my wearing those jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads