or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Can I wear Levis 510 Super Skinny Jeans?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can I wear Levis 510 Super Skinny Jeans? - Page 5

post #61 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrules View Post
Someone said "What I want to know is how we are going to be able to tell you if you would look good in super skinny jeans and a 32in waist if you never actually gave us your height and weight." Without enough details, they really couldn't tell whether I can fit in those. Therefore, adding details is actually clearing up the muddy water.

Nope. You're forgetting what you came here to ask: "Can I wear Levis 510 Super Skinny Jeans?". All you need is someone who has experience with both pairs of jeans and can offer an opinion.

now back under your bridge.
post #62 of 166
http://www.mensunderwearguy.com/ More thongs than you could dream of. All for MEN. Forget male and female, there is women's clothing that looks more "manly" than men's clothing, and men's clothing that is super womanly. It wasn't a slippery slope fallacy, it was me trying to tell you that ANYTHING can be labeled men's, what matters is how it looks on YOU.
post #63 of 166
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliswell View Post
Nope. You're forgetting what you came here to ask: "Can I wear Levis 510 Super Skinny Jeans?". All you need is someone who has experience with both pairs of jeans and can offer an opinion. now back under your bridge.
Then what is the point of that big textbox under the title? I wonder how this would have turned out if I did not type anything in that textbox. Crawl back to your hole.
post #64 of 166
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listi View Post
http://www.mensunderwearguy.com/

More thongs than you could dream of. All for MEN.

Forget male and female, there is women's clothing that looks more "manly" than men's clothing, and men's clothing that is super womanly. It wasn't a slippery slope fallacy, it was me trying to tell you that ANYTHING can be labeled men's, what matters is how it looks on YOU.

You are forgetting one thing, deviance. A guy wearing thongs and skirts are considered deviant. It is okay for Scottish men to wear skirts because that is their culture, but it is not okay for men to wear them in US. But nowadays in society, skinny jeans are widely accepted in developed countries. Even if is possible to label ANYTHING men's, but we are conscious about our fashion choices. Whatever you define as feminine does not mean feminine for everyone.
post #65 of 166
Thread Starter 
Therefore,your argument falls under the slippery slope. Just because I want to buy a pair a super skinny jeans for MEN, it does not mean that I am inevitably going to buy a skirt for MEN because it said MEN, I am pretty aware of the gender border of fashion and what is accepted and not accepted in today's society.
post #66 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrules View Post
You are forgetting one thing, deviance. A guy wearing thongs and skirts are considered deviant. It is okay for Scottish men to wear skirts because that is their culture, but it is not okay for men to wear them in US. But nowadays in society, skinny jeans are widely accepted in developed countries. Even if is possible to label ANYTHING men's, but we are conscious about our fashion choices. Whatever you define as feminine does not mean feminine for everyone.
Thank you for spinning your own argument around on yourself. You have just said that someone can label anything men's. Therefore, the fact that Levi's labels their clothing men's, doesn't really mean anything in the scheme of things. I have women's clothing that looks like men's clothing, fabric is fabric. Your deviance argument is pretty horrible by the way. If we all followed your logic clothing wouldn't ever advance. All runway clothing would be "DEVIANT" in your eyes. Make your own decisions, but don't ask others if you're just going to ignore them. I'm done with this thread, I don't know why I kept up so long, maybe because I thought you'd realize how much of an idiot you were being and would listen to reason for a second.
post #67 of 166
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listi View Post
Thank you for spinning your own argument around on yourself. You have just said that someone can label anything men's. Therefore, the fact that Levi's labels their clothing men's, doesn't really mean anything in the scheme of things. I have women's clothing that looks like men's clothing, fabric is fabric. Your deviance argument is pretty horrible by the way. If we all followed your logic clothing wouldn't ever advance. All runway clothing would be "DEVIANT" in your eyes. Make your own decisions, but don't ask others if you're just going to ignore them. I'm done with this thread, I don't know why I kept up so long, maybe because I thought you'd realize how much of an idiot you were being and would listen to reason for a second.
How am I spinning my own argument around myself? Consider my ethnic backgrounds and where I live right now, skinny jeans are widely socially accepted in many Asian countries and even here, in the USA. Have you forgotten that the Skinny Jeans were popular in the 80's? Your counter argument was horrible by the way along with your denial of your slippery slope fallacy. If you followed my logic, clothing WOULD advance. I said skinny jeans for men to wear were widely accepted as of today, which implies that what is accepted today is NOT the SAME as what is accepted in the past. Since when all runway clothing would be deviant in my eyes? Was that even mentioned? Learn to assume without looking like an idiot or don't do it at all! I am done with you, I don't know why I kept up so long, maybe if you weren't being like one of those haters on Youtube bashing skinny jeans and saying they are gay and all that crap. You did not answer my question at all and you wanted me to listen to your half-asses"reasoning". How sad...
post #68 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrules View Post
one of those haters on Youtube bashing skinny jeans and saying they are gay and all that crap.
This is me: I really hate skinny jeans. Now I'm done for real :P
post #69 of 166
Page 5 and nobody's linked to "I have a jean?"

BTW, they probably won't look good on you. I'm 6'2" and buy jeans in 31-32 and 510's still look ridiculous on me. Keep in mind you are "regular people skinny." You have to be "SF skinny" to wear 510's.
post #70 of 166
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listi View Post
This is me: I really hate skinny jeans. Now I'm done for real :P
Yeah thanks for your one man opinion, now gtfo.
post #71 of 166
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayc View Post
Page 5 and nobody's linked to "I have a jean?"

BTW, they probably won't look good on you. I'm 6'2" and buy jeans in 31-32 and 510's still look ridiculous on me. Keep in mind you are "regular people skinny." You have to be "SF skinny" to wear 510's.

Yeah it is hard to believe that almost no one stayed on topic. Please define ridiculous.
post #72 of 166
.
Edited by cchoi5 - 7/1/12 at 8:26am
post #73 of 166
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchoi5 View Post
dude theyre saying only skinny ppl should wear skinny jeans, not skinny jeans are only made in small sizes

I said only skinny people should wear skinny jeans and I said I am skinny... I never said skinny jeans are only made in small sizes, but they said people with small sizes fit decently in skinny jeans.
post #74 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrules View Post
Well one important thing you need to know is that I am a dude, not a girl, so I am not very conscious about my weight.
I am a man as well, April77 Joeys are considered "dude" jeans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchoi5 View Post
dude theyre saying only skinny ppl should wear skinny jeans, not skinny jeans are only made in small sizes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrules View Post
I said only skinny people should wear skinny jeans and I said I am skinny... I never said skinny jeans are only made in small sizes, but they said people with small sizes fit decently in skinny jeans.
Uhh Listi is right man, there is Regular people skinny, and Fashion model skinny. I have a model friend that is a little taller than me and thinner (6'4" size 28), he looks good in Skinnys. I am as stated earlier, also tall and thin with a smaller waist than you. If you really wanna argue about it, I am sure you might be considered "Skinny" by people around you, but you must be considered "Anorexic" by Americans to look "right" in skinny jeans. Just because they make them in a larger size doesnt mean its right. Look at all those hipster dbs wearing skinny jeans with their back fat hanging over the belt line and their beer guts, thighs on the jeans so tight the seams are pulling. Is that look accepted? Yes, is it right/does it look good? No. If you have legs like these two foo's (in A77 Joey) you will look ok, if not, stick to regular skinny or straight legs. In the middle: Regular Skinny Guy. To the left and right Skinny Jeans kind of guys.
post #75 of 166
Funny shit, Zrules really seem unable to comprehend even the simpelest reasoning.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Can I wear Levis 510 Super Skinny Jeans?