• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Refusal to sell...

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have you ever refused to sell something you had up on the B/S forum because you simply didn't like the potential buyer?
eh.gif

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, but I have not bought something I liked because of the seller. When selling, I just sell to whoever wants it.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless you have other offers, take thier money, it's just as green.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
^It's more of a matter of buyers you just KNOW are going to cause you headache as compared to people who you know will be a smooth transaction. I have a strong preference for dealing with the latter as a buyer and as a seller; if I could buy all my clothes from Vman on here I would. Guy is a phenomenal seller.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
No, but I have not bought something I liked because of the seller.
This is happening to me right now. I am having an agonizing time communicating with someone regarding an item I really want, but after being told for the third time "I just need to check the actual shipping cost" (the first two times I just said I'd pay a little extra to cover int'l shipping) by someone who apparently only checks messages/emails once a week, I am starting to get pissed off.
ffffuuuu.gif

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only once did I think about it, but it was not because I didn't like him. It was because he wanted the item shipped out of the country, and barely spoke any english. I just made him send the money as a personal payment though, knowing he couldn't ask for a refund.

I would never under any circumstances deal with member "Itsmedeka" again though. He is hands down the worst person I've dealt with on SF.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
^That guy returned an item to me (because of a mistake I made) and he was fully refunded for it, but I still haven't received the item after a month. Not sure if I'll ever get it back.

A good example without being specific are the people who contact you 2 days after the sale to tell you they haven't received the item. Where is it? Why isn't it here yet? And then repeat this step every day until it arrives. I want nothing to do with those people.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
you refunded before receiving it ?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Yep. Mistake (though it's possible it's just really, really delayed).
Most of the people on SW&D are trustworthy, I've even entered into arrangements where people have paid me in instalments over time, but having been once burned I don't do that anymore. Nothing until full price is paid.

c00kz

Reaction score
Steer clear of the hypebeasts who lurk the b&s.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
sorry to hear man sucks when a few people ruin a seemingly good system here

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
sorry to hear man sucks when a few people ruin a seemingly good system here

I don't think the B&S is ruined.
There is a great amount of stuff in the B&S recently.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thankfully it hasn't happened on here but on superfuture I refused to sell to some one because they called me an idiot due to the price of an item and then gave a low ball offer.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
after being ripped off so many times with paypal transactions, I'm really cautious with new users and international buyers. sorry, just a fact of life.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads