post #1 of 1
Thread Starter 
As I read the threads on Austro/Hungarian shoemaking , I became curious as to what the they actually call the styles of shoes that we purchase. Most of the shoes mentioned in threads follow British naming conventions; oxfords, derbys, chukkas etc. I was just curious as to what the equivalent (if any) was in German and Hungarian? This is more for curiousity sakes. Kind of an analogy to this is the British/ N.American differences such as Turn ups/pant cuffs, braces/suspenders etc.