• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Washington, DC sales

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saks Final Cut begins this Thursday, July 13.

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and Neiman-Marcus Last Call begin this Friday, July 14.

bryce330

Reaction score
C -

Thanks for the tip on Saks, I was wondering when their final markdown would start.

Both of the area NM stores started their pre-sale last Saturday. I didn't make it to Tyson's but the Mazza store had a decent selection of Kiton shirts in 16 & 16.5 - not much left in suits, unfortunately.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So who wants to be a trooper and check to see if any of the Barker Black or Bottega shoes are on sale at the Mazza Saks?

I'm going to the Galleria tonight on a little shopping trip with a couple friends.. too bad it's not tomorrow eh?
frown.gif

fatherseanfan

Reaction score
Thanks for these tips.

As of Monday night there was virtually nothing left in the Mazza Neimans. (Plus, as I previously posted, they have HORRIBLE service.)

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to DC this weekend (planning on seeing A Scanner Darkly and then going to the denimbar to get APCs), is there anywhere I really should go?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So who wants to be a trooper and check to see if any of the Barker Black or Bottega shoes are on sale at the Mazza Saks?
I'm pretty sure the sale (50% off lowest price) will be limited to shoes that are currently 30% off. That includes some Bottegas, but no Barker Blacks. The construction of the Bottegas looked pretty flimsy to my amateur eye.
I'm going to DC this weekend (planning on seeing A Scanner Darkly and then going to the denimbar to get APCs), is there anywhere I really should go?
Nordstrom in Pentagon City while you're at Denim Bar at Pentagon Row. Saks, Neiman-Marcus, Polo, Filene's Basement, Barney's Co-op, Brooks Brothers, and Loehmann's, all at the Friendship Heights metro station. If you have time, Relish in Georgetown.

bryce330

Reaction score
I was just at the Mazza Saks and four of the custom-made Kiton suits (discussed in an earlier thread) were still there - two in a medium grey, a navy DB, and a navy chalk stripe DB. With the additional 50% off, all of the suits were $1,000.

One of the suits had a tag that said "Special D. Snyder 2-button suit" and the salesman confirmed the suits were made for Dan Snyder.

They are marked size 42R but they seemed very short (in both the jacket length and arms) and fuller in the body than a typical Kiton 42. I would say that a 44S would be a more accurate size.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Westside, Circle Boutique near Dupont Circle is a tiny hole-in-the-wall (actually, a basement), but they carry small amounts of Rag & Bone, Steven Alan, and others. Probably nothing you wouldn't find at the Georgetown Barney's Co-op; but it's a nice local store.

Duveen

Reaction score
Not really a 'sale', but I was poking around @ the Filene's in Mazza and saw a decent # of Luciano Barbera ties for $60. I didn't get anything - a few nice wool ties and a few silk ties in fairly conservative (maybe too conservative for some...) patterns. Not a screaming deal, but worth knowing about if you'll be in the area and are in need of a few winter selections.

Borky

Reaction score
Anyone got a heads up on the sales coming up for this season? I hear something about a Barneys Coop sale, but I'm not sure when/what it involves.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Filene's Basement has received a Barney's shipment. I went to the normally lackluster National Press Filene's and found 3 or 4 racks of just-arrived (according to a clerk) Barney's clothes. If National Press got this much, I assume Conn. Ave. and Mazza got alot more.

I saw only a few suits, though one was a very nice Luciano Barbera size 38. Lots of Barney's label items. A nice Colombo coat; lots of Avon Celli shirts; some L.Barbera shirts, a few Borrellis; expensive jeans (Chip & Pepper, 7 for all mankind; etc.); some Incotex and Valentini slacks; etc. I noticed at least two mispriced shirts - -one Borrelli and one LBarbera shirt each priced alongside loads of Barney's label shirts at $39.95.

By the way, on the belt racks, I noticed they have lots of Robert Talbott belts priced at $39.95. I've got several and they're quite nice. $40 is a steal IMO.

Hopefully a Bergdorfs shipment will be coming soon....

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kabert
Filene's Basement has received a Barney's shipment. I went to the normally lackluster National Press Filene's and found 3 or 4 racks of just-arrived (according to a clerk) Barney's clothes. If National Press got this much, I assume Conn. Ave. and Mazza got alot more.

I saw only a few suits, though one was a very nice Luciano Barbera size 38. Lots of Barney's label items. A nice Colombo coat; lots of Avon Celli shirts; some L.Barbera shirts, a few Borrellis; expensive jeans (Chip & Pepper, 7 for all mankind; etc.); some Incotex and Valentini slacks; etc. I noticed at least two mispriced shirts - -one Borrelli and one LBarbera shirt each priced alongside loads of Barney's label shirts at $39.95.

By the way, on the belt racks, I noticed they have lots of Robert Talbott belts priced at $39.95. I've got several and they're quite nice. $40 is a steal IMO.

Hopefully a Bergdorfs shipment will be coming soon....

What about shoes?

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in Conn Ave last night and they have quite a bit new stuff and still a fair number of Oxxfords. The shoes that I saw were nothing to write home about. Kenneth Cole and the like.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
What about shoes?

sorry -- I didn't look to see if there were any shoes from Barneys.

Sartorially Challenged

Reaction score
Does anyone know when Filene's Basement will open at Tyson's Corner, by any chance?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads