or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Washington, DC sales
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Washington, DC sales - Page 31

post #451 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawson808 View Post
Nordstrom Rack going in at Friendship Heights where the BB&B used to be. Can't remember what the sign said about opening.

b

New Nordstom Rack at Pentagon City...
post #452 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthdragon View Post
It's SHITE. Lot's of own brand stuff. I tried some of their Cashmere socks at $14 and they are rubbish (way too thin) and in the trash after 2 wears.

What is? Nordstrom Rack? Heck, I think their in-house stuff at close-out is a very good deal. I've had some luck there in the past. Right now I'm wearing a pair of CK suede wing-tips I found at the Rockville for $50. And I have a nice cashmere 1/4 zip sweater from the one in Portland.

I'm hoping since this one's in DC it'll be better than the Rockville store.

b
post #453 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawson808 View Post
Nordstrom Rack going in at Friendship Heights where the BB&B used to be. Can't remember what the sign said about opening.

b

The new Nordstrom Rack in Friendship Heights just opened yesterday. Didn't see much merchandise from the main store. Shoe selection is a little bigger than Shady Grove. Only a few pairs of Allen Edmonds in my size (Hale and one other model I forgot) and starting price was $209; no Santoni or Ferragamo for now. Hopefully the better stuff will come later on at some point.
post #454 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbers View Post
The new Nordstrom Rack in Friendship Heights just opened yesterday. Didn't see much merchandise from the main store. Shoe selection is a little bigger than Shady Grove. Only a few pairs of Allen Edmonds in my size (Hale and one other model I forgot) and starting price was $209; no Santoni or Ferragamo for now. Hopefully the better stuff will come later on at some point.

Thanks for the update. I haven't had a chance to stop by yet, but I'll try to before this weekend. I'd be happy picking up a couple shirts on the cheap.

b
post #455 of 525
Nordie Rack at Shady Grove sucks these days. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING to buy. Awful. Don't waste your time.
post #456 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H. View Post
Nordie Rack at Shady Grove sucks these days. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING to buy. Awful. Don't waste your time.

I stopped by the pentagon city one last week and they had absolutely nothing.
post #457 of 525
40% off a Neiman Marcus Last call, just loaded up at the Arundel Mills store with Bruno Magli bit loafers and several Brioni ties, and a few house brand workhorse oxfords for the job.
post #458 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H. View Post
Nordie Rack at Shady Grove sucks these days. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING to buy. Awful. Don't waste your time.

In all my trips there, I've found two pocket squares and one pair of shoes. That's it. Ever.

b
post #459 of 525
I saw on the news that they're putting a Neiman Marcus Outlet Store at National Harbor. Should be completed in less than two years.
post #460 of 525
Apparently it'll be a Tanger Outlet mall. They keep playing up how close it is to the Beltway, so it will be easy to get to. Unfortunately there will be no public transit access to it, so they'll never see my business.

That whole National Harbor area is a joke of a development--right in the middle of a major metro area, and virtually completely transit inaccessible.



b
post #461 of 525
Thread Starter 
National Harbor is accessibly by ferry from Alexandria and Georgetown. Of course, Alexandria and Georgetown are not the most public transit friendly locations themselves.
post #462 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post
National Harbor is accessibly by ferry from Alexandria and Georgetown. Of course, Alexandria and Georgetown are not the most public transit friendly locations themselves.

You could Metro to King Street, take the free bus to the river, then boat ferry to National Harbor.

Which I guess just proves your point.

And regarding the Pentagon City Rack: 97% crap and 3% mediocrity. Potomac Mills Rack has gone down the last few years, but is head and shoulders above Pentagon City.

AEP
post #463 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce330 View Post
I was just at the Mazza Saks and four of the custom-made Kiton suits (discussed in an earlier thread) were still there - two in a medium grey, a navy DB, and a navy chalk stripe DB. With the additional 50% off, all of the suits were $1,000.

One of the suits had a tag that said "Special D. Snyder 2-button suit" and the salesman confirmed the suits were made for Dan Snyder.

They are marked size 42R but they seemed very short (in both the jacket length and arms) and fuller in the body than a typical Kiton 42. I would say that a 44S would be a more accurate size.

Dan Snyder placed an order over $100k several years back and renigged on the entire thing. Seems like everyone in DC has a Snyder story like that...
post #464 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton View Post
40% off a Neiman Marcus Last call, just loaded up at the Arundel Mills store with Bruno Magli bit loafers and several Brioni ties, and a few house brand workhorse oxfords for the job.
Thanks for the heads up. I stopped in and picked up two Brioni ties, a brioni PS, and a nice pair of tan Zanella flat front trousers. Off the 5th is also having a %40 off most everything sale. FWIW.
post #465 of 525
Went to the Friendship Height's Rack yesterday. Ugh. I found a couple pocket squares and a few cheap (both in price and construction) bow ties.

The men's dept must take up about 10% of the floor space. It's probably not worth the trip.



b
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Washington, DC sales