or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › "Why was my thread locked?!!"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Why was my thread locked?!!" - Page 25  

post #361 of 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrengardner View Post
If a seller has quite a bit of a particular winterwear item and reduces his price as winter passes and then wants to sell some more of the same item as a new fall begins can he set the price higher or is there a rule that once one has dropped his price on an item , he is bound to sell at that or a lower price? I guess what I'm asking is can we behave like a store which offers goods at off-season prices, but raises the price on the same goods in-season ?
I suppose to do that one would have to add the items to a thread to avoid starting a new thread with something previously posted, but not at a 5% reduction- which would be tantamount to a bump without a price reduction. Have I got that right?

Yup. You got that exactly right. If you have some other pricing scheme in mind, sellers are welcome to purchase a pinned thread. It's right up there in the announcements.
post #362 of 394
I can't seem to edit an old B/S thread of mine. Does it expire after a certain period of time and I simply have to start a new one or was I locked out?
post #363 of 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florian Gray View Post
I can't seem to edit an old B/S thread of mine. Does it expire after a certain period of time and I simply have to start a new one or was I locked out?

Threads expire after, I believe, 60 days.
post #364 of 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
Yup. You got that exactly right. If you have some other pricing scheme in mind, sellers are welcome to purchase a pinned thread. It's right up there in the announcements.

Ok, I'm putting some stuff back up, adding shoes that I've never had for sale here and I'm taking a piece from another thread putting it with the stuff and marking it down more than 5%. Now to my understanding based on this exchange it'll be ok. Ok?
post #365 of 394
hi, I was selling a Dior Homme suit, but the thread seems to have disappeared. Do you know why? Thanks.
post #366 of 394
Just a wild guess, but did you reply to a message? I.e., bump without a price drop? If so, usually you get forum banned. I've heard the mods say if you just get your thread deleted, think of it as a favor.
post #367 of 394
doh
post #368 of 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolbiac View Post
doh

I would pm a mod before you start a new thread. Admit you were wrong and ask if you can start a new thread with a price drop.
post #369 of 394
I have an active sale thread that I can't update: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=201362 I am still getting PMs about several items that are sold, but I am afraid to reply in the thread to report on the items which are no longer available. However, many items are still unsold. What to do??
post #370 of 394
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by username79 View Post
I have an active sale thread that I can't update: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=201362 I am still getting PMs about several items that are sold, but I am afraid to reply in the thread to report on the items which are no longer available. However, many items are still unsold. What to do??
Start a new thread and I will delete this one.
post #371 of 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Start a new thread and I will delete this one.

Please delete the thread. I will be listing new things to sell shortly.
post #372 of 394
Deleting threads without any warning?

This is my last post on styleforum. Thanks for wasting my time.
post #373 of 394
^^ Calm down man. What happened ?
post #374 of 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by babygreenspots View Post
Deleting threads without any warning?

This is my last post on styleforum. Thanks for wasting my time.

Did you violate the rules?
post #375 of 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius69 View Post
Did you violate the rules?

Yes, bumped without a price drop numerous times - are the 50,000 currently posted rules not enough warning for you?
SF will probably be better off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › "Why was my thread locked?!!"