or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Most comfortable shoes at under $200
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Most comfortable shoes at under $200 - Page 2

post #16 of 38
Thread Starter 
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-TARYN-ROSE-B...ayphotohosting How are these? Are Taryn Rose THAT good, I have never heard of them until today?
post #17 of 38
I think Rockport and Ecco would be low priced alternatives to Mephisto for comfort, but I do enjoy wearing my Mephistos when I am going to be walking long distances, especially in cooler weather. FWIW I believe the US Secret Service uses Eccos as standard issues and obviously their agents do a lot of walking and standing around.
post #18 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGP
Some J&M models have a nice cushion inside them. I had a relative who was a teacher for years, and could stand all day in these.

be that as it may with the quality of j&m's, i have to agree on this one. they are quite well-cushioned inside.
post #19 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasper
I recommend any of the Bostonian shoes with the 2Pod insole. I recently picked up a paid of Ecco shoes which are also very comfortable. Unfortunatly both of these brands don't offer leather soles at least that I know of. I have been looking for a comfortable pair of leather sole shoes for a while now without any luck. You can always add insoles which other members have recommended.

i wear exclusively, almost, wear Cole Haan shoes. find them very comfortable and get good longevity from them.

I do not see them mentioned on SF very often if at all...but for $200 range with leather soles there is nothing better
post #20 of 38
Hey dead dog, how do the Taryn Rose fit? True to size?
post #21 of 38
my brother, also in the medical profession, seems to be a big fan of Danskos, which can be had for under $200.

if you're talking about dress shoes, i'd go with Allen Edmonds, as has been mentioned previously.

-Jeff
post #22 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgpuppy
i wear exclusively, almost, wear Cole Haan shoes. find them very comfortable and get good longevity from them. I do not see them mentioned on SF very often if at all...but for $200 range with leather soles there is nothing better
I have a few pairs of Cole Haan, one with with Nike Air. They're indeed comfortable for all day wear. Those you can usually find on sale for around $100 either through Cole Haan, Nordstrom, or eBay. Something like these: http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/cat...ctGroup=106461
post #23 of 38
My impression, probably based on nothing aside from ignorant speculation, was that Cole Haan doesn't necessarily use a consistent source for their shoes and that as such generalizations about fit/comfort are tricky.
In response to an earlier question, I have a pair of Taryn Rose loafers that I would say fit a bit on the small side.
post #24 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
My impression, probably based on nothing aside from ignorant speculation, was that Cole Haan doesn't necessarily use a consistent source for their shoes and that as such generalizations about fit/comfort are tricky.

True. I've noticed the Italian made shoes are a bit narrower. I also have 2 pairs of English benchmade, and while I don't know who made those, they're made better than CT/Loake shoes. Those oxfords with Nike Air tend to run in normal width and made pretty consistently.
post #25 of 38
How do the members feel about the design and quality of Cole Haan vs. Bostonian and Ecco?
post #26 of 38
IMHO...Bostonian was once a good shoe....today all i see are cheap leather with plastic soles at Macy's etc.


Ecco are a little too something (casual or what I am not sure) or maybe just not classic enough for my taste so i have never worn them
post #27 of 38
The 3 pair of Taryn Rose I purchased - brown captoe blucher, black monk, and brown leather sandals - are very comfortable. I am on my feet most of the day and do a ton of walking. They are more comfortable than my AE, Toschi and Paraboots.

They fit true to size with a somewhat wide toe box/forefoot - which is key for me. I'm a pretty tough fit. I find most AE's are too snug for me in the toe box/forefoot.

The only possible downside is that the leather is incredibly soft -- which I consider a good thing but may ultimately lead to durability issues.

At $130-$150 - I highly endorse them.
post #28 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
FWIW I believe the US Secret Service uses Eccos as standard issues and obviously their agents do a lot of walking and standing around.

I don't believe USSS issues shoes. Certainly, none of the USSS agents that I know wear anything that looks like an Ecco, though rubber soled dress shoes are common.
post #29 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaddog
The 3 pair of Taryn Rose I purchased - brown captoe blucher, black monk, and brown leather sandals - are very comfortable. I am on my feet most of the day and do a ton of walking. They are more comfortable than my AE, Toschi and Paraboots.

They fit true to size with a somewhat wide toe box/forefoot - which is key for me. I'm a pretty tough fit. I find most AE's are too snug for me in the toe box/forefoot.

The only possible downside is that the leather is incredibly soft -- which I consider a good thing but may ultimately lead to durability issues.

At $130-$150 - I highly endorse them.

Just purchased my second pair of Taryn Rose. For me they run about 1/2 size large-- went with 11.5 when I usually wear a 12. Incredibly comfortable but not leather soled. Grapevine is the lowest price source I've found.
post #30 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by retronotmetro
I don't believe USSS issues shoes. Certainly, none of the USSS agents that I know wear anything that looks like an Ecco, though rubber soled dress shoes are common.

That's what I heard, but I'm sure it could have been wrong, I didn't hear it from a USSS agent, I think someone posted it here when talking about ecco shoes last.

BTW, one interesting thing about Cole Haan is that Gary's, a high end mens retailer in Newport Beach, only carries Cole Haan shoes, which is sort of amusing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Most comfortable shoes at under $200