Recent Images In This Thread
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCommon Projectstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCommon Projects Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandConversetagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandConverse All Startagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemCostume National Homme Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemFendi Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemGivenchy Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryHightop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemJil Sander Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemLanvin Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryLowtop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemPs Paul Smith Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySlip On Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySneakerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Lanvin Nylon Captoes - Size 9D Last post on 5/14/12 at 2:48am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects F/W 12-13 Last post on 7/30/15 at 11:12am in Streetwear and Denim
- Removing patent from Lanvin sneakers Last post on 7/19/12 at 9:38am in Classic Menswear
- Side-Zip High-top Sneakers - Alejandro Ingelmo Last post on 2/25/12 at 4:54pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects CP Desert Boot Suede Chukka Brown 41 Last post on 12/2/11 at 3:34pm in Buying and Selling
Tips of keeping a pair of premium sneakers nice
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: March 2015Last edited: 3/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Sneakers for Boot PeopleLast edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** - Page 1452post #21767 of 234678/22/14 at 1:49pmpost #21768 of 234678/22/14 at 1:55pmMy Raf Vandals feels narrow too but I do feel CPs are narrower, maybe it's the upper being lower profiles and more constricting so it feels narrower? Then again KVA Icarus also has the same sole and that is overall bigger that I have to size down one full size, I could probably size down another half if they made them.
I have a wide feet and to me GATs and Lanvins are pretty wide, wider than most Margom soles.post #21769 of 234678/22/14 at 2:17pmpost #21770 of 234678/22/14 at 4:54pm
Biiiig fan of these new CPs
Edit: Here's a nicer picture actually
The above is a stock photo which i think is a bit too bright. The bottom photo show the color more realistically imo. These are of course reminiscent of the lanvin captoes but I was never a fan of them. The achilles silhouette with this leather/suede combo is killer.
Edit2: Would reallllly like to get these and i think the $425 retail is somewhat borderline reasonable but I'll have to wait a bit. Also if they don't sell a sale is always a possibility but I don't see these staying in stock too long.
I keep adding to this but I think this is one of those sneakers that would work well in a suit, or at least would work very well when you put on a casual blazer and such. I've done enough talking, thoughts?
Edited by pl0nky - 8/22/14 at 5:23pmpost #21771 of 234678/22/14 at 5:27pmpost #21772 of 234678/22/14 at 5:53pmpost #21773 of 234678/22/14 at 7:08pmpost #21774 of 234678/22/14 at 7:10pmpost #21775 of 234678/23/14 at 8:42ampost #21776 of 234678/23/14 at 11:03pm
been a huge fan of MMM GATs because of just how bloody comfy they feel after breaking in.
However, would like to move on to a pair of high tops, and im thinking either Geobaskets or Balmain high tops.
Any thoughts on both? And being a 41.5 in GATs how should I size them?
Thanks a lot in advance guyspost #21777 of 234678/24/14 at 12:10ampost #21778 of 234678/24/14 at 6:26am
Yeah at first I thought of that but then I decided I'd like to go for some diversity. I really like the silhouettes of both the Geos and the Balmain highs. Just wondering about the "flexibility" of wearing them if I can put it that way?
I really like the GATs because they can be pulled off quite easily, but im thinking the Geobaskets really need the appropriate wardrobe, something which I am working towards, but don't exactly have right now. Geos and Y-3 track pants? Idk, have yet to kop a nice pair of drapey shorts. Balmain also looks incredibly solid and i'm really liking the silhouette.
Quality and comfort wise, where'd you guys go? And which do you think suits a typical SW/D wardrobe better?post #21779 of 234678/24/14 at 1:52pmpost #21780 of 234678/24/14 at 11:15pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum 8 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...