***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** - Page 1392
Styles mentioned in this thread:
Also a nice and detailed answer on this topic by slack tide:
Tough question...but fortunately you really can't go wrong with either. Real quick list of observations from my perspective with a few pairs of both.
+ more comfortable than CPs
+ I like the gum sole, especially if you wear a good amount of earth tones, and not just black/grey/white
+ price dips a little lower at sale time, at least I think
- denim stains the hell out of the suede part if you have the traditional white/grey colorway
- gats can be a little floppy...just the nature of the leather. not as sleek as cps imo.
- dont like wearing mine in the rain
/ FWIW i'm more comfortable wearing my gats to work than my all white achilles (on casual days)
+ may last longer than gats, more durable
+ may possibly look better with shorts than gats
+ no prob in the rain
+ extra laces
+ construction may be better. like tanks. not to discount the quality of gats though.
- all white achilles sometimes give me a little kid vibe. My girlfriend points this out as well when I wear mine
- so incredibly white that sometimes they'll just dominate an outfit
/ narrow as hell
If I could have one pair, I think I would go with the gats. Thats going with my gut. Tough decision though.
They are, but they aren't the pinnacle of comfort like people make them seem. At least from my experience. After a few wears CPs are very comfortable and w/insole they are perfect.
Thinking of buying a pair to dye, as I can't seem to find any Suede Balmain classics. Should I do black or super dark oxblood?
They have one size 10 left.
They are a little bit on the wider side, I'm 43 on MMM High & Mid, 42.5 Dior Low, Mid & High, 42.5 SL Low & High, I found 43 too be alil bit roomy at the toebox area & the difference between 42 & 43 is humongous.
Hope this helps & GL with your purchase.