Recent Images In This Thread
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCommon Projectstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCommon Projects Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandConversetagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandConverse All Startagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemCostume National Homme Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemFendi Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemGivenchy Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryHightop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemJil Sander Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemLanvin Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryLowtop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemPs Paul Smith Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySlip On Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySneakerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Lanvin Nylon Captoes - Size 9D Last post on 5/14/12 at 2:48am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects F/W 12-13 Last post on 7/30/15 at 11:12am in Streetwear and Denim
- Removing patent from Lanvin sneakers Last post on 7/19/12 at 9:38am in Classic Menswear
- Side-Zip High-top Sneakers - Alejandro Ingelmo Last post on 2/25/12 at 4:54pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects CP Desert Boot Suede Chukka Brown 41 Last post on 12/2/11 at 3:34pm in Buying and Selling
Tips of keeping a pair of premium sneakers nice
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: March 2015Last edited: 3/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Sneakers for Boot PeopleLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** - Page 1392post #20866 of 231442/22/14 at 10:07am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20867 of 231442/22/14 at 10:24amSurprised to hear durability and MMM Gats in connection. CP construction and material is superior by far imo. Comfort is really good with Gats though.
Also a nice and detailed answer on this topic by slack tide:Quote:Originally Posted by slack tide
Tough question...but fortunately you really can't go wrong with either. Real quick list of observations from my perspective with a few pairs of both.
+ more comfortable than CPs
+ I like the gum sole, especially if you wear a good amount of earth tones, and not just black/grey/white
+ price dips a little lower at sale time, at least I think
- denim stains the hell out of the suede part if you have the traditional white/grey colorway
- gats can be a little floppy...just the nature of the leather. not as sleek as cps imo.
- dont like wearing mine in the rain
/ FWIW i'm more comfortable wearing my gats to work than my all white achilles (on casual days)
+ may last longer than gats, more durable
+ may possibly look better with shorts than gats
+ no prob in the rain
+ extra laces
+ construction may be better. like tanks. not to discount the quality of gats though.
- all white achilles sometimes give me a little kid vibe. My girlfriend points this out as well when I wear mine
- so incredibly white that sometimes they'll just dominate an outfit
/ narrow as hell
If I could have one pair, I think I would go with the gats. Thats going with my gut. Tough decision though.post #20868 of 231442/22/14 at 12:02pmpost #20869 of 231442/22/14 at 12:07pmpost #20870 of 231442/22/14 at 2:22pmpost #20871 of 231442/22/14 at 2:32pmQuote:
They are, but they aren't the pinnacle of comfort like people make them seem. At least from my experience. After a few wears CPs are very comfortable and w/insole they are perfect.
Thinking of buying a pair to dye, as I can't seem to find any Suede Balmain classics. Should I do black or super dark oxblood?post #20872 of 231442/22/14 at 5:19pmpost #20873 of 231442/23/14 at 12:50ampost #20874 of 231442/23/14 at 4:35ampost #20875 of 231442/23/14 at 8:22ampost #20876 of 231442/23/14 at 3:12pmpost #20877 of 231442/23/14 at 4:38pmpost #20878 of 231442/23/14 at 7:34pmpost #20879 of 231442/24/14 at 10:44pmQuote:
They are a little bit on the wider side, I'm 43 on MMM High & Mid, 42.5 Dior Low, Mid & High, 42.5 SL Low & High, I found 43 too be alil bit roomy at the toebox area & the difference between 42 & 43 is humongous.
Hope this helps & GL with your purchase.
- ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › New T-Shirt design 1 minute ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 2 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 9 minutes ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 13 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?