Recent Images In This Thread
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCommon Projectstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCommon Projects Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandConversetagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandConverse All Startagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemCostume National Homme Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemFendi Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemGivenchy Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryHightop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemJil Sander Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemLanvin Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryLowtop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemPs Paul Smith Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySlip On Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySneakerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Lanvin Nylon Captoes - Size 9D Last post on 5/14/12 at 2:48am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects F/W 12-13 Last post on 6/23/14 at 11:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- Removing patent from Lanvin sneakers Last post on 7/19/12 at 9:38am in Classic Menswear
- Side-Zip High-top Sneakers - Alejandro Ingelmo Last post on 2/25/12 at 4:54pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects CP Desert Boot Suede Chukka Brown 41 Last post on 12/2/11 at 3:34pm in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** - Page 1353
Styleforum Top Picks
edit: Distorbiant you just read my mind? lol
It's a toss up between these spaceships and those birdshits, not sure which ones worse.
^ true but Scott's stuff is still absolutely atrocious. On a related note, I've always wondered and been meaning to ask... what the hell is with the brand Golden Goose? I see their shit on ssense, it's ridiculously priced, and the shoes all just look like beat up Vans and Converse. wtf is with that?
edit: Distorbiant you just read my mind? lol
Golden Goose has been doing the grungy street wear thing along with Hysteric Glamour for a while now, probably nearly 10 years. Some of their stuff is ok, but it's like Diesel's answer to Undercover.
The sad thing is that even if the original highs were rereleased, they'd still have the new gum sole. Granted, I haven't seen it in person, but the opaque sole looks a lot less appealing in photos than the translucent material from the last few years.
I have sneakers with both types of gum sole. On lighter colors like the classic whites the translucent one does stand out, but anything grey, navy etc. it is hard to tell. I can understand why the team at MMM tried different things after the man himself left, but from sneakers to knits not much has been a standout offering from the label since. From what I have seen at retailers the sales are not all that competitive.They should really look back to the old designs some of which I am sure have 'Grail status' for us and can easily appeal even to the main-stream buyer. Hopefully, this will happen before Renzo decides to shut the whole thing down now that he has come down to whoring the brand out to collabs. That really would suck when MMM could be so much more.
Funny enough probably the most sought after Margiela piece is the one I would not wear. I fell for the hype once for the highs, but they were just not something that fits into the style I do. While I would never wear those silver chained highs, I can appreciate them (The highs looked awesome under wider jeans in the look books, but I thought eh I can do that with lows) Those silver highs look pretty cool to me though
I've touched the old and new and frankly its not that big of a deal, I prefer the newer stuff after Margiela left since he was not really doing much anyways at the end there. I find that you guys hang on to the past too much, Margiela himself walks around in levis and a white shirt. I wasn't old enough to appreciate the old pieces so 'the new design team' is it for me and I really like some of their work. As long as they keep making some nice pieces, I'll buy
Something like this is what I was talking about in the sentence with parentheses
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
MMM highs are the best, Reg. I'm wearing these today, and that is enough. Old, new -- out of all the cool stuff I've drooled over here, the highs are the absolute funnest -- even if they are sort of goofy.
Anyway, I haven't seen these posted yet. Post OG?, translucent sole, leather / suede / alien alloy goodness.
Not sure this is the place, but how's sizing on Wings + Horns sneaks? Planning on grabbing some hi-tops.
I've heard TTS with CPs and also half a size smaller. I barely fit into 43 CP training boots width-wise, but they have since stretched out and are comfortable, albeit snug (no wiggle room). I'm a 44 in MMM GATs.
- ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › u k-u s a-u a e-VaShIkArAn ((+91+9799005597)) bLAck MAgiC... 34 seconds ago
- › u k-u s a-u a e-VaShIkArAn ((+91+9799005597)) bLAck MAgiC... 2 minutes ago
- › u k-u s a-u a e-VaShIkArAn ((+91+9799005597)) bLAck MAgiC... 5 minutes ago
- › u k-u s a-u a e-VaShIkArAn ((+91+9799005597)) bLAck MAgiC... 7 minutes ago
- › u k-u s a-u a e-VaShIkArAn ((+91+9799005597)) bLAck MAgiC... 9 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › u k-u s a-u a e-VaShIkArAn ((+91+9799005597)) bLAck MAgiC... 10 minutes ago
- › u k-u s a-u a e-VaShIkArAn ((+91+9799005597)) bLAck MAgiC... 13 minutes ago
- › u k-u s a-u a e-VaShIkArAn ((+91+9799005597)) bLAck MAgiC... 14 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...