Meh. I feel like anyone who buys luxury sneakers is already accustomed to online shopping and has the patience to wait. That place looks pretty cool....all high end sneakers consolidated into one place.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCommon Projectstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCommon Projects Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandConversetagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandConverse All Startagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemCostume National Homme Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemFendi Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemGivenchy Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryHightop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemJil Sander Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemLanvin Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryLowtop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemPs Paul Smith Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySlip On Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySneakerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Lanvin Nylon Captoes - Size 9D Last post on 5/14/12 at 2:48am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects F/W 12-13 Last post on 7/30/15 at 11:12am in Streetwear and Denim
- Removing patent from Lanvin sneakers Last post on 7/19/12 at 9:38am in Classic Menswear
- Side-Zip High-top Sneakers - Alejandro Ingelmo Last post on 2/25/12 at 4:54pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects CP Desert Boot Suede Chukka Brown 41 Last post on 12/2/11 at 3:34pm in Buying and Selling
Tips of keeping a pair of premium sneakers nice
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: March 2015Last edited: 3/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Sneakers for Boot PeopleLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** - Page 1334post #19996 of 2314410/6/13 at 3:16pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19997 of 2314410/6/13 at 3:16pmpost #19998 of 2314410/6/13 at 3:41pmpost #19999 of 2314410/6/13 at 5:28pmThread Starterpost #20000 of 2314410/6/13 at 6:35pmQuote:
Naw, if they get them to you in three days it'll work perfectly. No store will have their breath of different styles which is what makes it worth it.post #20001 of 2314410/6/13 at 6:39pm
THIS is the reason why it'll work. Even at Barney's in Beverly Hills the selection is horrible. Plus, most people who buy high end sneakers know the pain it is to find out your right size in the various shoes. I'm also assuming they'll have A1 service and the whole experience will be more personal.post #20002 of 2314410/6/13 at 6:44pmpost #20003 of 2314410/6/13 at 7:10pmit's moronic in the way the 'eBay store' in 40 yo virgin is moronic.
practically though, the current model already involves a wait to even decide whether to buy or not (order couple pairs, wait to ship, return what doesn't fit/like). they're just shifting where the 'wait' occurs and still provides the instant gratification of deciding more or less immediately.
marginal improvement, but still improvement...and obviously they're already getting press, which is in no way insignificantpost #20004 of 2314410/7/13 at 12:20amQuote:Originally Posted by 1400Hoodie
THIS is the reason why it'll work. Even at Barney's in Beverly Hills the selection is horrible. Plus, most people who buy high end sneakers know the pain it is to find out your right size in the various shoes. I'm also assuming they'll have A1 service and the whole experience will be more personal.
That's exactly the case, I was really impressed when I visited. The guys and girls working there are extremely helpful and probably the coolest bunch of SA's you're likely to meetpost #20005 of 2314410/7/13 at 12:34ampost #20006 of 2314410/7/13 at 3:29ampost #20007 of 2314410/7/13 at 4:07amQuote:
It says in the news blurb that they have demo sizes for fitting, they just don't have any stock for sale. That is the whole point, go scope out what you like, figure out the actual fit in store and then you get it shipped without the hassle of possibly mis-sizing or misjudging interest from internet pics.post #20008 of 2314410/7/13 at 5:40amI think it's actually quite brilliant. He's focusing on sneakers, and once you get a lock-down on sizing your shoes, it's not difficult to order a new pair. He's not looking at the walk-in customer. He's targeting the rich repeat Asian consumer who treat luxury sneakers like fast fashion and collectibles. It's like how people line up to buy the new Jordans, except you can do it from the comfort of your own home. If this breaks out, I think it can potentially be huge.post #20009 of 2314410/7/13 at 5:52amPersonally, what I like with B&Ms is actually not to get the stuff immediately but also to know if the piece fits/how it looks. That seems to work perfect with that concept. This combined with the apparently huge selection of high end sneakers seems like a well thought out concept. However I wonder if they also have lower end sneakers? I guess the target audience with 400$+ sneakers is still quite small, at least compared to those who'd buy Nikes and Supras.
- ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 20 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 27 seconds ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 49 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 54 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 4 minutes ago
- › SF Cheap Functional Buttonholes 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1