Yes, they have leather soles (and nails).... People calling these balenciagas are joking right?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCommon Projectstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCommon Projects Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandConversetagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandConverse All Startagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemCostume National Homme Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemFendi Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemGivenchy Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryHightop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemJil Sander Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemLanvin Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryLowtop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemPs Paul Smith Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySlip On Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySneakerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Lanvin Nylon Captoes - Size 9D Last post on 5/14/12 at 2:48am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects F/W 12-13 Last post on 4/7/15 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Removing patent from Lanvin sneakers Last post on 7/19/12 at 9:38am in Classic Menswear
- Side-Zip High-top Sneakers - Alejandro Ingelmo Last post on 2/25/12 at 4:54pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects CP Desert Boot Suede Chukka Brown 41 Last post on 12/2/11 at 3:34pm in Marketplace
The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
Last edited: 3/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Sneakers for Boot PeopleLast edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** - Page 1331
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19952 of 2274810/1/13 at 6:28ampost #19953 of 2274810/1/13 at 8:37ampost #19954 of 2274810/1/13 at 1:38pmpost #19955 of 2274810/1/13 at 1:41pmpost #19956 of 2274810/1/13 at 2:02pmpost #19957 of 2274810/1/13 at 9:47pmpost #19958 of 2274810/2/13 at 4:11am
If you stated $300 minimum for a pair of quality sneakers, I guess you assumed two things:
1 - traditional marketing channels (see my previous post)
2 - leather sneakers
How about canvas?
Are they baller/quality enough?
Kojima Genes, a lesser known Japanese brand, with your favorite Italian soles again? See also previous post regarding my question about the soles.
Not much options regarding size. Would love to see these in high tops. (Worth checking out their denim, too.)post #19959 of 2274810/2/13 at 5:34amQuote:Originally Posted by name
National Standard "Fine Independent Brand" (their definition)
Is this your favorite Italian sole? What is the latest word on where it is produced, which sneaker companies utilize it and at what price points can you buy the various versions?
May be too cheap for you, since they use a different business model (a la Gustin & Unbranded for jeans):
And, you will have guessed, National Standard do not have the marketing budgets of brands such as Lanvin and Common Project. You pay for the real product not the commercials
Bonus article on how to wear ANY sneakers.
Commercials pay for themselves, if they didn't marketing wouldn't be a thing.
Saying "we spend our money on our product not our marketing" is a marketing ploy.post #19960 of 2274810/2/13 at 5:36ampost #19961 of 2274810/2/13 at 5:40amQuote:
Wouldn't be a thing...
It is not exclusive, not the only way. I mean traditional channels, wholesale, retail, advertising, glossy magazine covers, most expensive real estates in cities, stars, models, etc. Sure you can call non-marketing (in the traditional way) a kind of marketing too. Anyways, it has a name: guerrilla marketing.post #19962 of 2274810/2/13 at 5:42ampost #19963 of 2274810/2/13 at 6:26ampost #19964 of 2274810/2/13 at 6:57am
- ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan Smith
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 25 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 10 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 10 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Help Please for a bespoke Dinner Jacket (tuxedo) 36 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 41 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 50 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 52 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 55 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...