Recent Images In This Thread
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCommon Projectstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCommon Projects Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandConversetagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandConverse All Startagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemCostume National Homme Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemFendi Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemGivenchy Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryHightop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemJil Sander Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemLanvin Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryLowtop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemPs Paul Smith Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySlip On Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySneakerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Lanvin Nylon Captoes - Size 9D Last post on 5/14/12 at 2:48am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects F/W 12-13 Last post on 7/30/15 at 11:12am in Streetwear and Denim
- Removing patent from Lanvin sneakers Last post on 7/19/12 at 9:38am in Classic Menswear
- Side-Zip High-top Sneakers - Alejandro Ingelmo Last post on 2/25/12 at 4:54pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects CP Desert Boot Suede Chukka Brown 41 Last post on 12/2/11 at 3:34pm in Marketplace
The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
Last edited: 3/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Sneakers for Boot PeopleLast edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** - Page 1258post #18856 of 227494/28/13 at 9:22am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18857 of 227494/28/13 at 9:47ampost #18858 of 227494/28/13 at 9:58ampost #18859 of 227494/28/13 at 1:16pmI've noticed my red pleated highs received different treatment than the black pleated sneaks I bought.
The details on the reds are much better I feel. Each pleat is individual, more like a quilt than layered over each other like the rest of the colors. Does anyone know why they changed that? I feel the pleats on the other colors look and feel "cheaper" than the pleats shown in these reds. I found a picture of white highs that have the same treatment. I'm guessing the first run of pleated Balenciagas had the thinner, singular quilting and they changed it for further releases to cut some corners and save money?
I also like the non textured back panel leather used in these earlier versions. It gives the shoe a cleaner feel.
Stock picspost #18860 of 227494/28/13 at 2:17pmpost #18861 of 227494/28/13 at 2:42pmI think the change in pleat design is just those things they change every season. Before that, the design and materials were also different.
From what I can tell in the FW13 season, no pleated are available just the same hi-tops with different materials and the usual different colorways of the arenas.post #18862 of 227494/29/13 at 8:49pmpost #18863 of 227494/30/13 at 12:56amQuote:Originally Posted by RFX45
I think the change in pleat design is just those things they change every season. Before that, the design and materials were also different.
From what I can tell in the FW13 season, no pleated are available just the same hi-tops with different materials and the usual different colorways of the arenas.
I thought they were a different design entirely. Cotes and resille, no?post #18864 of 227494/30/13 at 8:29ampost #18865 of 227494/30/13 at 8:34ampost #18866 of 227494/30/13 at 9:28ampost #18867 of 227494/30/13 at 11:24ampost #18868 of 227494/30/13 at 12:44pmpost #18869 of 227494/30/13 at 2:02pmpost #18870 of 227494/30/13 at 3:22pm
- ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***
Styleforum Top Picks
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan Smith
Currently, there are 1247 Active Users (230 Members and 1017 Guests)
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 16 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › NWT CANAL KEI TOPCOAT 42/52R ANGORA BLEND GREY "WINTER IS COMING" 15 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 18 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 18 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 19 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...