Recent Images In This Thread
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCommon Projectstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCommon Projects Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandConversetagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandConverse All Startagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemCostume National Homme Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemFendi Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemGivenchy Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryHightop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemJil Sander Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemLanvin Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryLowtop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemPs Paul Smith Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySlip On Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySneakerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Lanvin Nylon Captoes - Size 9D Last post on 5/14/12 at 2:48am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects F/W 12-13 Last post on 7/30/15 at 11:12am in Streetwear and Denim
- Removing patent from Lanvin sneakers Last post on 7/19/12 at 9:38am in Classic Menswear
- Side-Zip High-top Sneakers - Alejandro Ingelmo Last post on 2/25/12 at 4:54pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects CP Desert Boot Suede Chukka Brown 41 Last post on 12/2/11 at 3:34pm in Buying and Selling
Tips of keeping a pair of premium sneakers nice
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: March 2015Last edited: 3/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Sneakers for Boot PeopleLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** - Page 1258post #18856 of 231444/28/13 at 9:22am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18857 of 231444/28/13 at 9:47ampost #18858 of 231444/28/13 at 9:58ampost #18859 of 231444/28/13 at 1:16pmI've noticed my red pleated highs received different treatment than the black pleated sneaks I bought.
The details on the reds are much better I feel. Each pleat is individual, more like a quilt than layered over each other like the rest of the colors. Does anyone know why they changed that? I feel the pleats on the other colors look and feel "cheaper" than the pleats shown in these reds. I found a picture of white highs that have the same treatment. I'm guessing the first run of pleated Balenciagas had the thinner, singular quilting and they changed it for further releases to cut some corners and save money?
I also like the non textured back panel leather used in these earlier versions. It gives the shoe a cleaner feel.
Stock picspost #18860 of 231444/28/13 at 2:17pmpost #18861 of 231444/28/13 at 2:42pmI think the change in pleat design is just those things they change every season. Before that, the design and materials were also different.
From what I can tell in the FW13 season, no pleated are available just the same hi-tops with different materials and the usual different colorways of the arenas.post #18862 of 231444/29/13 at 8:49pmpost #18863 of 231444/30/13 at 12:56amQuote:Originally Posted by RFX45
I think the change in pleat design is just those things they change every season. Before that, the design and materials were also different.
From what I can tell in the FW13 season, no pleated are available just the same hi-tops with different materials and the usual different colorways of the arenas.
I thought they were a different design entirely. Cotes and resille, no?post #18864 of 231444/30/13 at 8:29ampost #18865 of 231444/30/13 at 8:34ampost #18866 of 231444/30/13 at 9:28ampost #18867 of 231444/30/13 at 11:24ampost #18868 of 231444/30/13 at 12:44pmpost #18869 of 231444/30/13 at 2:02pmpost #18870 of 231444/30/13 at 3:22pm
- ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 1454 Active Users (329 Members and 1125 Guests)
- › Silk Scarfs for men? ... Help 7 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 54 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › does everyone here have a full head of hair? any bald people? 2 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Damir Doma Wool Hoodie - 48 2 minutes ago
- › FS StC Saint Crispin's Model 542 Brown Inca Grain Shoes 6.5F 3 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...