Edited by the shah - 4/21/13 at 7:57am
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCommon Projectstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCommon Projects Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandConversetagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandConverse All Startagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemCostume National Homme Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemFendi Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemGivenchy Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryHightop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemJil Sander Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemLanvin Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryLowtop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemPs Paul Smith Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySlip On Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySneakerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Lanvin Nylon Captoes - Size 9D Last post on 5/14/12 at 2:48am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects F/W 12-13 Last post on 4/7/15 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Removing patent from Lanvin sneakers Last post on 7/19/12 at 9:38am in Classic Menswear
- Side-Zip High-top Sneakers - Alejandro Ingelmo Last post on 2/25/12 at 4:54pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects CP Desert Boot Suede Chukka Brown 41 Last post on 12/2/11 at 3:34pm in Marketplace
The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
Last edited: 3/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Sneakers for Boot PeopleLast edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** - Page 1248post #18706 of 226874/8/13 at 5:40pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18707 of 226874/8/13 at 8:34pmpost #18708 of 226874/9/13 at 6:53ampost #18709 of 226874/9/13 at 3:47pmpost #18710 of 226874/9/13 at 8:42pmpost #18711 of 226874/9/13 at 8:49pmpost #18712 of 226874/9/13 at 8:50pmpost #18713 of 226874/9/13 at 8:50pmpost #18714 of 226874/9/13 at 9:29pm
These cream marjellys hurt my left foot (specifically: area connecting my left big toe + left foot) when walking. For some reason the right side is fine. Normal/break in, shoes slightly too big, or...? Bought them lightly used, worn a couple times and it's not getting better. These are the ones with the rubberized treatment on the leather.post #18715 of 226874/9/13 at 9:31pmpost #18716 of 226874/10/13 at 4:32ampost #18717 of 226874/10/13 at 4:43ampost #18718 of 226874/10/13 at 5:00amQuote:Originally Posted by NotCrispy
These cream marjellys hurt my left foot (specifically: area connecting my left big toe + left foot) when walking. For some reason the right side is fine. Normal/break in, shoes slightly too big, or...? Bought them lightly used, worn a couple times and it's not getting better. These are the ones with the rubberized treatment on the leather.
I had the same problem with my first GATs. I'm a true 44.5 and got a 44. They fit "perfectly snug", when I first tried them on and one was a little tighter than the other. Basically some of my toes were just touching the front. Didn't bother me at first, but upon walking around with them I noticed that they would hurt one of my feet after a couple of hours. Probably has to do with the feet swelling when warm.
Eventually sold them and got them in size 45, which fits a bit too long and loose but are very comfortable. You should size up.post #18719 of 226874/10/13 at 5:32amI have one foot larger than the other, which is pretty common in case you didn't know, and I've been saved from reselling a lot of shoes by discovering heel grips.
My heels are pretty narrow to begin with so I get heel slip a lot. Obviously insoles and an extra pair of socks are easy solutions sometimes, but these little suede patches you adhere to the inside back of the shoe have been a lifesaver. They're really cheap on Amazon and some people complaining of them not staying put. But I've found the trick is to get the placement right the first time, which is really difficult. Once you peel off the backing, you have to stick it in place without catching the stickum on anything. If you place it wrong and have to peel it up and stick it again, you lose a lot of the bond and there's a good chance it will come off. It's surprisignly difficult to get them in place the first try.
Another thing I've done is to cut the end of a sock off where you're left with a tube that only goes over your ankle. This allows me to have one sock on the wide part of my foot, but two socks on the heel.
Heel blisters are a problem for a lot of ppl and it's strange to me that I can't find socks that are thick in the heel and thin in the instep. But anyway, I've kind of found my own solution.
The bottom line is that you should never settle for uncomfortably small shoes because sizing up should usually have a solution.
- ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***
Styleforum Top Picks
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan Smith
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › Zampa di Gallina : Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 3 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Geil Mode - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 7 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...