Recent Images In This Thread
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCommon Projectstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCommon Projects Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandConversetagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandConverse All Startagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemCostume National Homme Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemFendi Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemGivenchy Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryHightop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemJil Sander Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemLanvin Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryLowtop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemPs Paul Smith Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySlip On Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySneakerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Lanvin Nylon Captoes - Size 9D Last post on 5/14/12 at 2:48am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects F/W 12-13 Last post on 7/30/15 at 11:12am in Streetwear and Denim
- Removing patent from Lanvin sneakers Last post on 7/19/12 at 9:38am in Classic Menswear
- Side-Zip High-top Sneakers - Alejandro Ingelmo Last post on 2/25/12 at 4:54pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects CP Desert Boot Suede Chukka Brown 41 Last post on 12/2/11 at 3:34pm in Buying and Selling
Tips of keeping a pair of premium sneakers nice
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: March 2015Last edited: 3/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Sneakers for Boot PeopleLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** - Page 1217
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18242 of 231442/9/13 at 3:04pmpost #18243 of 231442/9/13 at 3:55pmpost #18244 of 231442/9/13 at 3:58pmThread Starterpost #18245 of 231442/9/13 at 4:00pmpost #18246 of 231442/9/13 at 4:31pmpost #18247 of 231442/9/13 at 4:34pmpost #18248 of 231442/9/13 at 6:19pmpost #18249 of 231442/9/13 at 6:27pmpost #18250 of 231442/10/13 at 5:56ampost #18251 of 231442/10/13 at 11:37ampost #18252 of 231442/10/13 at 3:33pmpost #18253 of 231442/11/13 at 10:19amThe SLP Hi's could really benefit from making the ankle part longer (not taller) so that it can wrap around a bit more, an extra half an inch on both sides would make it much better, right now it is just too short. Still very wearable but I am not sure plenty will settle for retail price.
Quality between the SLP vs. YSL (at least on the Rollins) is staggering, YSLs were just very flimsy with thin leather, I actually know some who had their rip on first wear. Quality-wise, the newer YSLs (Malibus) and these SLPs are just above and beyond better.
Also wore this.post #18254 of 231442/11/13 at 10:28ampost #18255 of 231442/11/13 at 10:40amI can see where the Stan Smiths in it for sure, it really does look like a high-end Stan Smith if I cover the ankle part with my jeans. Hard to explain but the SLPs is still sleeker and and less "puffy" if that makes sense? Stan Smiths just feels and looks bulky in comparison.
They do not look terrible if I just let the ankle part loose, I'd probably wear it more often that way, but the short ankle part kind of pushes the tongue out and with the tongue still being so stiff it gives more of that Adidas old school Run DMC with the tongue out look. I'd imagine it'll be better once the leather softens up.
- ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 1728 Active Users (349 Members and 1379 Guests)
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 56 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 5 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 10 minutes ago
- › For the Ladies: BNWT Canada Goose Women Solaris Parka 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.