Recent Images In This Thread
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCommon Projectstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCommon Projects Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandConversetagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandConverse All Startagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemCostume National Homme Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemFendi Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemGivenchy Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryHightop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemJil Sander Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemLanvin Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryLowtop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemPs Paul Smith Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySlip On Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySneakerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Lanvin Nylon Captoes - Size 9D Last post on 5/14/12 at 2:48am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects F/W 12-13 Last post on Today at 11:12 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Removing patent from Lanvin sneakers Last post on 7/19/12 at 9:38am in Classic Menswear
- Side-Zip High-top Sneakers - Alejandro Ingelmo Last post on 2/25/12 at 4:54pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects CP Desert Boot Suede Chukka Brown 41 Last post on 12/2/11 at 3:34pm in Marketplace
The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
Last edited: 3/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Sneakers for Boot PeopleLast edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** - Page 1210post #18136 of 227482/6/13 at 4:06amI'm not sure I really get the love for the SLP sneakers. Ok, yes, ultra-minimal white sneaker, but still - they're retailing for 500, stan smiths look, I think, even nicer to me - and then, of course, you could always buy CP Lows or highs (or bball highs), which again, look better to me than the SLP high top. Reminds me of some station wagons, when you can see that it's just a sedan that someone slapped a hatchback onto: Hey look we took the tongue from raf simons and slapped it onto a pair of adidas with this weird ass ankle cuff thing.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18137 of 227482/6/13 at 4:41ampost #18138 of 227482/6/13 at 4:44ampost #18139 of 227482/6/13 at 4:50ampost #18140 of 227482/6/13 at 7:12amQuote:
yeah, those are the white ones. they still have size 7 and 9-12. the pre-order was sold out, so this must be the extra stock they ordered for their website.
i'll take some pics next week after i receive them.post #18141 of 227482/6/13 at 7:29ampost #18142 of 227482/6/13 at 7:29ampost #18143 of 227482/6/13 at 7:31ampost #18144 of 227482/6/13 at 8:27amQuote:Quote:
so im a 41/42 in cp and a 42 in mmm (3 straps) so i should take a 42 in the kva's?post #18145 of 227482/6/13 at 9:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Synthese
I'm not sure I really get the love for the SLP sneakers. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Ok, yes, ultra-minimal white sneaker, but still - they're retailing for 500, stan smiths look, I think, even nicer to me - and then, of course, you could always buy CP Lows or highs (or bball highs), which again, look better to me than the SLP high top. Reminds me of some station wagons, when you can see that it's just a sedan that someone slapped a hatchback onto: Hey look we took the tongue from raf simons and slapped it onto a pair of adidas with this weird ass ankle cuff thing.
I think there are like 3 of use who likes the hi's here and even less for the lows. So I am not sure there is much love on it at all.
As for CP, I just find the shape too weird for my foot. They are overly narrow, in the right length (41) the sides are bursting due to my wide feet but even when I size up to 42 the sides is still bursting and it just looks extra long. Can't judge the SLP yet since I haven't tried them on yet.post #18146 of 227482/6/13 at 9:48ampost #18147 of 227482/6/13 at 9:52ampost #18148 of 227482/6/13 at 10:00ampost #18149 of 227482/6/13 at 10:03amQuote:
But there are a lot of sneakers that don't do that.post #18150 of 227482/6/13 at 10:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Lionheart Biker
I wouldn´t waste that money on new SLP when you can find previous seasons YSL for that kind of money, or spend a little more and get KVA icarus, or even MMM hightops like noob has... if you can find them. Having said all that, I would understand someone wanting to get these new hightops if they were looking for something minimal and clean.
I have the MMM highs and while they're cool, those SLPs would be so much easier to wear.
- ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***
Styleforum Top Picks
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan Smith
- › Need a vest to go with my wedding suit 57 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 7 minutes ago
- › Common Projects F/W 12-13 9 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...